The Young Victoria
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Young Victoria is a 2009 film that is a romantic dramatization of some of the events preceding and following the coronation of Queen Victoria, focusing on her early reign and romance with Prince Albert in the 1830s.
Love rules all (taglines)
- [upset, to her mother] Oh, and if you think that I will ever forget that you just stood by silent and you watched him treat me thus, you are dreaming!
- [to her council] I am young, but I am willing to learn, and I mean to devote my life to the service of my country and my people. I look for your help in this. I know I shall not be disappointed. Thank you.
- [after being released from her corset] The untold luxury of being able to breathe again.
- [to Victoria] For pity's sake, smile, woman. Anyone would think we had quarreled.
- What do you call a man who waits for a rich woman to decide whether or not she wants him?
Sir Robert Peel
- She starts on your watch, Lord Melbourne. Guard her well and keep her safe from harm.
- Mark my words. The reign of King Conroy is coming!
- How can my little niece and nephew have grown up when I wasn't looking?
- [to his dinner guests] I thank you for your good wishes on my birthday.
- [to Victoria] You are confusing stubbornness with strength, my dear. And I warn you, the people will not like you for it.
- [to the king] You have exhausted the topic.
Duchess of Kent
- [to the maid, fixing her hair] If you stick one more pin in me, I swear I shall call the guard.
- My dearest child, Sir John only wants the best for you. I wish you’d believe that.
- [to Sir John] You may not accompany me to the Proclamation Ceremony... You may not attend the coronation.
- Baron, I was born the younger son of a penniless duke. Now, I am king of the Belgians. Such journeys are not managed with out hard decisions.
- [to Albert] Now go to England and make her smile.
- [to Victoria] If you should ever need an ally, you have one in me.
- [to Sir John] You have played the game and lost.
- Queen Elizabeth never married. And it didnt spoil things for her.
- Wellington: Families. Who'd be be with out them.
- Stockmar: [to Leopold about Victoria] Let her enjoy her succession and the freedom it will bring... We must wait for disillusion and the loneliness that follows.
- Ernest: [about Victoria] She has brought down a government over a handful of ladies.
- Love rules all.
- Her country. Her heart. Her majesty.
- Emily Blunt - Queen Victoria
- Rupert Friend - Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
- Miranda Richardson - the Duchess of Kent
- Mark Strong - Sir John Conroy
- Jim Broadbent - King William IV
- Harriet Walter - Queen Adelaide
- Paul Bettany - Lord Melbourne
- Thomas Kretschmann - King Leopold I of Belgium
- Jesper Christensen - Baron Stockmar
- Jeanette Hain - Baroness Louise Lehzen
- Julian Glover - the Duke of Wellington
- Michael Maloney - Sir Robert Peel
- Michiel Huisman - Prince Ernest of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
- Johnnie Lyne-Pirkis - Prince Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale
- Liam Scott - w:Prince Augustus Frederick, Duke of Sussex
- Dave A. Hewitt - the Duke of Norfolk
- Danny Dalton - Prince Wilhelm of Prussia
- Sophie Roberts - Lady Emma Portman
- Rachael Stirling - the Duchess of Sutherland
- Genevieve O'Reilly - Lady Flora Hastings
- Roddy Weaver - William IV's Chief Footman
- David Robb - Lord John Russell
- Emily Eby - Lady Eliza
- Princess Beatrice of York - a lady-in-waiting