Threatening the president of the United States
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Threatening the president of the United States is a federal felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871. It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict great bodily harm upon the president of the United States". The law also includes presidential candidates, vice presidents, and former presidents. The Secret Service investigates suspected violations of this law and monitors those who have a history of threatening the president. Threatening the president is considered a political offense. Immigrants who commit this crime can be deported.
- Fuck money. I don't rap for dead presidents; I'd rather see the president dead. It's never been said, but I set precedents.
- Marshall Bruce Mathers III, "We As Americans" (2004), Encore.
- President Wilson ought to be killed. It is a wonder someone has not done it already. If I had an opportunity, I would do it myself.
- United States v. Stickrath, 242 F. 151, 152 (D.C. S. D. Ohio 1917).
- Wilson is a wooden-headed son of a bitch. I wish Wilson was in hell, and if I had the power I would put him there.
- Clark v. United States, 250 F. 449 (C. A. 5th Cir. 1918).
- We ought to make the biggest bomb in the world and take it down to the White House and put it in the dome and blow up President Wilson and all the rest of the crooks, and get President Wilson and all the rest of the crooks and blow it up.
- Ragansky v. United States, 253 F. 643.
- They always holler at us to get an education. And now I have already received my draft classification as 1-A and I have got to report for my physical this Monday coming. I am not going. If they ever make me carry a rifle the first man I want to get in my sights is L. B. J.
- Watts v. United States, 394 U.S. 705.
- Ronnie, listen chump! Resign or you'll get your brains blown out. [accompanied with drawing of gun shooting bullet]
- United States v. Hoffman (1986, CA7 Wis) 806 F2d 703.
- It's too bad that Hinckley wasn't successful in killing that son of a bitch . . . the only thing I will do is blow the head off the President of the United States.
- *United States v. Carrier (1982, CA2 NY) 672 F2d 300.
- You can't keep me from killing George Bush; One day I will have my chance, just watch and see.
- United States v. Manning, 923 F.2d 83.
- Im fed up with President Bush. In is so call kinded gentler world but he isnt dont Anything for the American People who are poor, hungry and he doesnt want the average Joe on the street to get a minimum wage hike but he thinks he & Congress needs one hes full of Shit And I think Some one ought to Take him OUT AS IN "Death" but then we would be stuck with Quaye and god knows he isnt Any Count. I would like to kill Both of Them. Ask Secret Service About ME especially the ASS hole Agent in Miami Ron Collins we had a Run In in 1986 in Ft Lauderdale hes the one he fuck up my Life by lying To The Courts. I may be drinking Now but Im telling the Truth he And that Female bitch Assit US Attory karen what Ever Sent ME to Prison for no Reason--And They should And will pay if I have Anything To Do with it You can Take That to the bank. I Live here in The city now.
- United States v. Smith, 928 F.2d 740.
- We are going to give you 21 Gun-Salute — 21 guns are going to put bullets thru your heart and brains.
- United States v. Kosma (1990, ED Pa) 749 F Supp 1392.
- I was in on the assassination of President Kennedy and I am going to kill President Johnson in the near future. I have sold some cattle and purchased a rifle with a scope. I have written a letter to the White House today in which I told the President I would kill him.
- Normand P. Michaud v. United States of America, 350 F.2d 131, July 7, 1965.
- I Ray Dan Pierce hear by [sic] being of sound mind & body do hearby [sic] swear to kill the President of the United States of America the first chance I get...and by the way send me $100.00 for cigarette money.
- Pierce v. United States, 365 F.2d 292.
- Dear Mr. President, I am going to kill you, I am going to send you a pipe bomb. Love, Timothy Ballard.
- United States v. Ballard, 6 F3d 1502.
- Are you serious!?!? omg. Am I in a lot of trouble?
- Kirstie Wilson, after being informed that the Secret Service was investigating her "Kill Bush" message on MySpace.
- Source: Teen Questioned Over Online Threats Against President Bush. Fox News. Archived from the original on November 4, 2006..