Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You heard of Hell—well, I was sent from it
I went to it, servin' a sentence for murderin' instruments
Now I'm tryin' to repent from it
But when I hear the beat, I'm tempted to make another attempt at it
- Caught up in bouts with the root of all evil
I've seen it turn beautiful people crude and deceitful
And make them do shit illegal for these Grants and Jacksons
These transactions explain a man's actions
But in the midst of this insanity, I found my Christianity
Through God and there's a wish He granted me
He showed me how to cope with the stress and hope for the best
- "It's O.K."
- I'm usin' smarter tactics to overcome this slum
I won't become as dumb as some and succumb to scum
It's cumbersome, I'm tryin' to do well on this Earth
But it's been hell on this Earth since I fell on this Earth
- "It's O.K."
- Your ass forgot, so just in case you don't remember me
I'll run your brain round the block to jog your fuckin' memory
- I showered the slang, simple as ABC's
Skip over the D's and rock the microphone with ease (E's)
- I rock a beat harder than you could beat it with rocks
The Slim Shady LP (1999)
- Don't do drugs.
- "Public Service Announcement"
- Brain damage ever since the day I was born
Drugs is what they used to say I was on
They say I never knew which way I was goin'
But everywhere I go they keep playin' my song
- "Brain Damage"
- What is life? Life is like a big obstacle put in front of your optical to slow you down, and every time you think you gotten past it, it's gonna come back around and tackle you to the damn ground.
- What are friends? Friends are people that you think are your friends, but they're really your enemies with secret identities and disguises to hide their true colors, so just when you're close enough to be brothers, they wanna come back and cut your throat when you ain't looking.
- What is money? Money is what makes a man act funny. Money is the root of all evil. Money'll make them same friends come back around swearing that they was always down. What is life? I'm tired of life!
- "If I Had"
- (imitating Norman Bates) Mother, are you there? I love you!
I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel!
- I just remembered that I'm absent-minded
Wait… I mean I lost my mind, I can't find it
- "Cum On Everybody"
- Got bitches on my jock out in East Detroit
'Cause they think that I'm a motherfucking Beastie Boy
- "Cum On Everybody"
- I want the money, the women, the fortune and fame
That means I end up burnin' in Hell, scorchin' in flame
That means I'm stealin' your checkbook and forgin' your name
This lifetime bliss for eternal torture and pain
- "Rock Bottom"
- Slim Shady, Eminem was the old initials (Eminem = M&M = Marshall Mathers)
- Extortion, snortin', supportin' abortion
Pathological liar, blowin' shit out of proportion
The looniest, zaniest, spontaneous, sporadic
Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict
Half animal, half man
- I like happy things, I'm really calm and peaceful
I like birds, bees, I like people
I like funny things that make me happy and gleeful…
Like when my teacher sucked my wee-wee in pre-school!
- "I'm Shady"
- I try to keep it positive and play it cool
Shoot up the playground and tell the kids to stay in school
- "I'm Shady"
- Remember me? I'm the one who burned your house down
…But I'm out now
And this time I'm coming back to blow your house up
And I ain't gonna leave you with a window to jump out of!
- "Bad Meets Evil"
- I can't change the way I am… but if I offended you, good, 'cause I still don't give a fuck!
- "Still Don't Give A Fuck"
- My brain's gone, my soul's worn, my spirit is torn
The rest of my body's still bein' operated on
- "Still Don't Give A Fuck"
- Bitch, I ain't no fucking G, I'm a cannibal!
I ain't trying to shoot you, I'm trying to chop you into pieces and eat you!
- "Hellbound" (featured on Yosumi Records' compilation album Game Over, 2000)
- Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
- See, I'm a poet to some, a regular modern-day Shakespeare
Jesus Christ, the king of these Latter-day Saints here
To shatter the picture in which of that as they paint me as
A monger of hate, satanist, scatter-brained atheist
While I'm wavin' the pistol at sixty Christians against me
Go to war with the Mormons, take a bath with the Catholics
In holy water, no wonder they tried to hold me under longer
- Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment—would you capture it, or just let it slip?
- His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already—Mom's spaghetti
- You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo!
- Like a flame in the night
Like a ghost in the dark
There's a ray, there's a light
There's a hope, there's a spark
- "Stimulate" (from 8 Mile, 2002)
- But you can't just stand there and try to judge
It hurts but your jealousy probably tears you up inside as much
And it's such a pleasure every button that I touch
I treasure every glutton that I punish in my lust
- "Stimulate" (from 8 Mile, 2002)
- With every artist comes the image he portrays and the picture that he paints
- Oh, no. Not me, not Marshall. You want to see Marshall? I'll show you Marshall!
I tried to show you art, but you just pick it apart
- They took away my right to bear arms
What I'm 'posed to fight with, bare palms?
Yeah right, they're comin' with bombs, I'm comin' with flare guns
- "We As Americans" (2004)
- I don't rap for dead presidents, I'd rather see the president dead
- "We As Americans" (2004)
- Have you ever loved someone so much you'd give an arm for?
Not the expression, no, literally give an arm for?
When they know they're your heart and you know you are their armor
And you will destroy anyone who would try to harm her
- "When I'm Gone" (2005)
- It hurts but I never show
This pain you'll never know
If only you could see just how lonely and how cold and frostbit I've become
My back's against the wall
When push come to shove I just stand up and scream: "Fuck 'em all!"
The Marshall Mathers L.P. (2000)
- Yeah, sue me!
- "Public Service Announcement 2000"
- And I am whatever you say I am
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am
Radio won't even play my jam
- And all of this controversy circles me
And it seems like the media immediately points a finger at me
So I point one back at 'em, but not the index or pinky or the ring or the thumb
It's the one you put up when you don't give a fuck
When you won't just put up with the bullshit they pull
- And Dr. Dre said…
Nothing, you idiots! Dr. Dre's dead! He's locked in my basement!
- Will Smith don't got to cuss in his raps to sell records
Well, I do, so fuck him and fuck you too!
- A lot of people ask me stupid fucking questions. A lot of people think that what I say on records, or what I talk about on a record, that I actually do in real life, or that I believe in it, or if I say that I want to kill somebody that I'm actually gonna do it, or that I believe in it. Well, shit. If you believe that, then I'll kill you. Do you know why? Because I'm a criminal!
Devil's Night [with D12] (2001)
- If I could capture the rage of today's youth and bottle it
Crush the glass from my bare hands and swallow it
Then spit it back in the faces of you racists
And hypocrites who thinks the same shit but don't say shit
- I make music to make you sick of fake music
Hate music like devil worshippin' Satan music
So say your prayers—your Hail Mary's and Jesuses
Take two sticks, tape 'em together and make a crucifix
- "Devil's Night"
The Eminem Show (2002)
- America! Ha ha ha! We love you! How many people are proud to be citizens of this beautiful country of ours, the stripes and the stars for the rights that men have died for to protect, the women and men who have broke their necks for the freedom of speech the United States government has sworn to uphold… or so we're told.
- "White America"
- Yeah, you laugh 'til your motherfuckin' ass gets drafted
While you're at band camp thinkin' that crap can't happen
'Til you fuck around get an anthrax napkin
Inside a package wrapped in saran Wrap wrappin'
Open the plastic and then you stand back gaspin'
Fuckin' assassins hi-jackin' Amtraks crashin'
All this terror, America demands action
Next thing you know you've got Uncle Sam's ass askin'
To join the army or what you'll do for their Navy
You just a baby gettin' recruited at eighteen
You're on a plane now, eating their food and their baked beans
I'm 28, they gonna take you 'fore they take me
- "Square Dance"
- I love my fans, but no one ever puts a grasp
On the fact I've sacrificed everything I have
I never dreamt I'd get to the level that I'm at
This is whack, this is more than I ever coulda asked
It's like the boy in the bubble who never could adapt
I'm trapped, if I could go back I never would've rapped
I sold my soul to the devil, I'll never get it back
I just wanna leave this game with level-head intact
- 20 million other white rappers emerge, but no matter how many fish in the sea, it'll be so empty without me
- Entertainment is changin', intertwinin' with gangsters
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum
Holy or unholy, only have one homie
Only this gun, lonely ‘cause don't anyone know me
- They say music can alter moods and talk to you
Well, can it load a gun up for you and cock it too?
If it can, then the next time you assault a dude
Just tell the judge that it was my fault, and I'll get sued
- It's all political; if my music is literal and I'm a criminal, how the fuck can I raise a little girl?
I couldn't, I wouldn't be fit to
- Music is reflection of self
We just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail
It's fucked up, ain't it? How we can come from practically nothing
To being able to have any fucking thing that we wanted
That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fucking rap magazine
Who post pin-up pictures on their walls all day long
Idolize their favorite rappers and know all their songs
Or for anybody whose ever been through shit in their lives
So they just sit up and cry at night wishin' they'd die
'Til they throw on a rap record and they sit and they vibe
We're nothing to you, but we're the fucking shit in their eyes
That's why we seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it
Squeeze it and hold it, 'cause we consider these minutes golden
And maybe they'll admit it when we're gone
Just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our songs!
- I act like shit don't faze me
Inside it drives me crazy
My insecurities could eat me alive
But then I see my baby
Suddenly I'm not crazy
It all makes sense when I look into her eyes
- Sometimes you feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that shit out of you, and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.
- Music is like magic: there's a certain feeling you get when you're real and you spit and people are feelin' your shit
- My song can make you cry, take you by surprise
At the same time, can make your dry your eyes with the same rhyme
See what you're seeing is a genius at work
Which to me isn't work, so it's easy to misinterpret it at first
- "My Dad's Gone Crazy"
- Let the president answer a higher anarchy, strap him with an AK-47
Let him go fight his own war, let him impress daddy that way
No more blood for oil
We got our own battles to fight on our own soil
- You find me offensive? I find you offensive, for finding me offensive
- "Rain Man"
- We're all we got in this world
When it spins, when it swirls, when it whirls, when it twirls
- But then of course everything always happens for a reason
I guess it was never meant to be
But it's just something we have no control over and that's what destiny is
- If you could count the skeletons in my closet, under my bed and up under my faucet
Then you would know I've completely lost it
Is he nuts? No he's insane!
- Nobody asked for life to deal us with these bullshit hands we're dealt
We gotta take these cards ourselves and flip 'em, don't expect no help
- A lot of people ask me where the fuck I've been at the last few years? Shit, I don't know. But I do know I'm back now!
- Turn Halloween back into a trick-or-treat holiday
Have Michael Myers lookin' like a liar
Swipe his powers, replace his knife with flowers and a stack of fliers
Hit Jason Vorhees with a 40
Stuck a suppository up his ass and made him tell me a story
Gave Hannibal Lector a fuckin' nectarine
And sat him in the fuckin' fruit and vegetable section and gave him a lecture
Walked up Elm Street with a fuckin' Wiffle bat drew
Fought Freddy Krueger and Edward Scissorhands too
- I told the world one day I would pay it back
Say it on tape, lay it, so that one day i could play it back
- "I Need a Doctor" (2011)
- Had a dream, I was king; I woke up, still king
- "Lighters" (2011)
- It's too late to start over, this is the only thing I know
- "Guts Over Fear" (2014)
- And any fan of mine who's a supporter of his [Trump]
I'm drawing in the sand a line, you're either for or against
And if you can't decide who you like more and you're split
On who you should stand beside, I'll do it for it for you with this:
Fuck you! The rest of America stand up!
We love our military and we love our country, but we fucking hate Trump!
- "The Storm" (October 2017)
- This time around it's different, them last two albums didn't count
Encore I was on drugs, Relapse I was flushin' 'em out
- "Talkin' 2 Myself"
- When it rains, guess it pours—yes, it does
Wish there wasn't any pain, but I can't pretend there ain't
I ain't placin' any blame
I ain't pointin' fingers, Heaven knows I've never been a saint
- "Going Through Changes"
- Like a 'Fuck You' for Christmas, his gift is a curse
- I'd shoot for the moon, but I'm too busy gazing at stars
- They call me Fire Marshall: I shut the shit down
- Man, get these wack cocksuckers off stage! Where the fuck is Kanye when you need him?
Snatch the mic from 'em—bitch, I'ma let you finish in a minute!
- "No Love"
- And love is evil ("evol"): spell it backwards, I'll show ya
- I poured my heart out to you, let down my guard, swear to God
I'll blow my brains in your lap, lay here and die in your arms
Drop to my knees and I'm pleading, I'm trying to stop you from leaving
- I fell for this so many times it's ridiculous
And still I stick with this, I'm sick of this
But in my sickness and addiction, you're addictive as they get
Evil as they come, vindictive as they make 'em
- "25 to Life"
- Now get off my dick!
Dick's too short of a word for my dick—get off my antidisestablishmentarianism, you prick!
- "Almost Famous"
- Y'all are Eminem backwards: you're mini-mes
- "Almost Famous"
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 (2013)
- So spread the word 'cause I'm promoting my past until I'm passed out
- All my life I was told and taught I am not shit
By you wack fuckin' giant sacks of lyin' dog shit
Now you shut up, bitch, I am talkin'
Thought I was full of horseshit and now you fuckin' worship the ground on which I am walkin'
- I'm beginning to feel like a Rap God, Rap God
- "Rap God"
- Summa-lumma, dooma-lumma, you assumin' I'm a human
What I gotta do to get it through to you I'm superhuman?
- "Rap God"
- I make elevating music, you make elevator music
- "Rap God"
- Ma, you're still beautiful to me, 'cause you're my mom
- I'da flipped every mattress, every rock and desert cactus
Owned a collection of maps and followed my kids to the edge of the atlas
If someone ever moved 'em from me
- They take your heart and steal your life
And it's as though you feel you've died
‘Cause you've been killed inside
But yet you're still alive
Which means you will survive
- It's true, I'm a Rubik's—a beautiful mess
- I'm just a man, but as long as I got a mic, I'm godlike
- Got my faith, where's yours? Do you still believe in me?
Didn't I give everything I had to give you to make you see?
- It's never too late to start a new beginning
- This love triangle left us in a wreck, tangled [rectangle]
- She does that thing with her lip, now she's melting me
I'm putty in her palms, I'm wrapped around her finger
A yo-yo on a string, she lets me sit there and just dangle
Until something better comes along and she'll just drop me like a hot potato
- "Tragic Endings"
- Donald Duck's on, there's a Tonka Truck in the yard
But dog, how the fuck is Ivanka Trump in the trunk of my car?
- I'm packin' up my shit, as much shit in the car as I can fit
And I'm just drivin' as far as I can get
Away from these problems 'til all of my sorrows I forget
What's tomorrow like? 'Cause tonight I'm startin' life again
Get to the corner and stop, fuck am I goin'?
Besides psycho when I fantasize startin' my whole life over
- "In Your Head"
- So finger-bang, chicken wang, MGK, Igg' Azae'
Lil Pump, Lil Xan imitate Lil Wayne
I should aim at everybody in the game, pick a name
I'm fed up with bein' humble
And rumor is I'm hungry, I'm sure you heard bumblings
I heard you wanna rumble like an empty stomach
I heard your mumblin' but it's jumbled in mumbo-jumbo
The era that I'm from will pummel you, that's what it's comin' to
What the fuck you're gonna do when you run into it?
I'm gonna crumble you and I'll take a number two and dump on you
If you ain't Joyner
If you ain't Kendrick or Cole or Sean then you're a goner
- These rappers are like Hunger Games: one minute, they're mockin' Jay (Mockingjay)
Next minute, they get their style from Migos or they copy Drake
Quotes about Eminem
- Kept my ear to the streets
Signed Eminem, he's triple platinum, doing fifty a week
- Hey, Em! You know you're my favorite white boy, right? I owe you for this one.
- 50 Cent, "Patiently Waiting" (2003)