Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thursday is the day of the week following Wednesday and before Friday. According to the ISO 8601 international standard adopted in most western countries, it is the fourth day of the week. In countries that use the Sunday-first convention, Thursday is defined as the fifth day of the week. It is also the fifth day of the week in the Judeo-Christian liturgical calendar.
- This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
- Arthur Dent in Douglas Adams's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1979).
- The line also appears in the 2005 film based on the novel.
- Holly Golightly: Thursday! It can't be! It's too gruesome!
Paul "Fred" Varjak: What's so gruesome about Thursday?
Holly Golightly: Nothing, except I can never remember when it's coming up.
- Breakfast at Tiffany's (5 October 1961), based on the 1958 Truman Capote novella of the name title.
- Thursday's child has far to go
- "Monday's Child," first recorded in A. E. Bray's Traditions of Devonshire vol. II (1838), pp. 287–288).
- Thursday, it's more than I can stand
I'm holding her down, holding her down, she's down, again
- Monday's gone
Thursday's all but wasted now
- Stone Temple Pilots, "Days of the Week," Shangri-La Dee Da (19 June 2001), tr. 2.
- Thursday I don't care about you
- Thursday doesn't even start
- Thursday never looking back
- Or Thursday watch the walls instead
- The Cure, "Friday I'm in Love," Wish (11 May 1992), tr. 7.
- Wednesday just don't go
Thursday goes too slow
I've got Friday on my mind
- The Easybeats, "Friday on My Mind," Good Friday (May 1967), tr. 6.
- I'm not saying all the boys are the same
But some boys are the same and it's Thursday now
- They Might Be Giants, "Take Out the Trash," The Else (15 May 2007), tr. 2.
- And if you love a Thursday
She's gonna break your heart
- The Monkees, "Saturday's Child," The Monkees (10 October 1966), tr. 2.
- Encyclopedic article on Thursday on Wikipedia
- The dictionary definition of Thursday on Wiktionary
- Media related to Thursday on Wikimedia Commons
|Days of the week|
|Sunday · Monday · Tuesday · Wednesday · Thursday · Friday · Saturday|