Jump to navigation Jump to search
- When I was younger I got into fights with my brother. Now I’m older, I can’t get into any bother... now if I explode, I’m the one who’s going to die. I’m an old man.
- "Tom Jones: 'I have a temper that frightens me'", Radio Times, 28 April 2012.
Tom Jones on Sinatra's advice, Chuck Berry's lyrics and the style of Elvis Presley
- Elvis was always over the top. It's funny that in those days people who wanted to look like Elvis would wear leather jackets and jeans, because that's what he wore in his movies. In real life, Elvis never wore denim. He thought they were work clothes. When he had to wear them, when he was driving a truck, he would do but he always loved the way black entertainers dressed. He styled himself on them, because he wanted to be flamboyant. That's why he had that gold lamé suit! He designed his jumpsuits himself. He always said, "If you're going to be a star, you should look like one."
- On Elvis Presley.
- Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry and Gene Vincent would be my five.
- When asked "Which singers have the greatest voices of all time?"