Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a 2017 American direct-to-DVD animated musical comedy film featuring the characters Tom and Jerry, produced by Warner Bros. Animation. It is the first Tom and Jerry direct-to-video film to be distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment internationally and is also the final Tom and Jerry direct-to-video film to be involved with Warner Bros. Animation's founder, Hal Geer, who died on January 26, 2017. The film is an animated adaptation of the film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) with the addition of Tom and Jerry being characters in the plot and as seen through their point of view.
The film was released via digital media on June 27, 2017, and released on home media on July 11, 2017.
- Charlie: Cabbage soup? Is that your supper, Grandpa?
- Grandpa Joe: Well, it's everyone's supper, Charlie.
- Charlie: I'm tired of Cabbage water. Tonight, we're gonna have a real banquet. [pulls out loaf of bread out of his bag] Look.
- Mrs. Bucket: [seeing the loaf of bread] Charlie, where did you get this?
- Charlie: I bought it with my salary. I had two of them, but I gave one to some new friends.
- Mrs. Bucket: That was very generous of you, Charlie.
- Grandpa Joe: Well, I just hope these new friends of your appreciate it.
- Tuffy: Who dares trespass into my candy factory? Don't you know it's dangerous out down here? Good thing I was able to shut everything down. I'm Tuffy. I'm an Oompa Loompa intern.
- [Tom & Jerry look confused]
- Tuffy: You mean you never heard of Oompa Loompas? Why, they only run Wonka's entire candy operation. Mr. Wonka brought them here years ago from a strange and dangerous land. They do the work and he gives them a nice place to live. I wanted to be an Oompa Loompa more than anything. But I didn't meet the height requirement. But if I keep trying as hard as I can, I know I'll be accepted as an Oompa Loompa someday.
- [Willy Wonka sees a lickable wallpaper with a cat hair, shocked and gasped]
- Wonka: My wall! My beautiful, beautiful licking wall! [uses his magnifying glass, takes his cat hair] Is this... cat fur? Now, the factory will have to be triple sanitized! Whoever is responsible will be permanently banished from the premises forever, permanently!
- [Charlie and Grandpa Joe pause]
- Grandpa Joe: Aw, that's not cat fur, Mr. Wonka. Some of my mustache came off when I was licking this wall.
- [He sees his mustache with his magnifying glass, to him]
- Wonka: Are you sure?
- Grandpa Joe: Absolutely. [takes the cat and puts it on, sneezes and then smiles at him]
- Wonka: My mistake. Please, forgive me.
- Grandpa Joe: Excuse me, Mr. Wonka?
- Wonka: I am incredibly busy, sir.
- Grandpa Joe: But what about Charlie's lifetime supply of chocolate? When does he get it?
- Wonka: He doesn't.
- Grandpa Joe: What? Why not?
- Wonka: Because he broke the factory rules.
- Grandpa Joe: What factory rules? We didn't see any rules.
- Wonka: Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37 of the contract signed by him, all offers shall be come null and void. Etc., etc., etc. You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks! And to make matters worse, you allowed a cat into my factory! A cat and his two filthy mice friends! Now the entire factory will have to be sterilized. So you get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good day, sir!
- Grandpa Joe: You're a cheat. How can you build up a little boy's hopes and then disappoint him like this?!
- Wonka: I said "good day"!
- JP Karliak as Willy Wonka
- Jess Harnell as Grandpa Joe and Sam Beauregarde
- Lincoln Melcher as Charlie Bucket
- Mick Wingert as Arthur Slugworth/Mr. Wilkinson
- Lori Alan as Mrs. Teevee
- Jeff Bergman as Droopy/Alberto Minoleta
- Spike Brandt as Spike
- Rachel Butera as Augustus Gloop
- Kate Higgins as Mrs. Bucket
- Dallas Lovato as Violet Beauregarde
- Emily O'Brien as Veruca Salt
- Sean Schemmel as Henry Salt and Mr. Turkentine
- Kath Soucie as Tuffy
- Audrey Wasilewski as Mrs. Gloop
- Lauren Weisman as Mike Teevee