Tops with Pops
Tops with Pops is a one-reel animated Tom and Jerry short, directed and produced by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera with music by Scott Bradley. It is a shot-for-shot CinemaScope remake of 1949's Love That Pup. It was released on February 22, 1957 by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
- Spike: [to Tom] Listen, pussycat, If I catch you bothering my boy again....I'll tear you apart! Now beat it!
- [Spike then releases him and Tom flees, crashing into (in turn) a tree, a fountain, a clothesline hanger and then into a trash can]
- [Spike busts himself out of the shed and rushes up to Tom]
- Spike: (Hey, you!) Where's my boy?! [Tom doesn't know where Tyke is] If he's under that barrel....I'll skin you alive!
- [Tom gets off the barrel and snaps his fingers. As he tries to lift the barrel up, he hears Jerry's whistle. Jerry waves to Tom because he's not under the barrel. Tom gulps twice in fear]
- Spike: Come on!, lift it up!
- [Tom nervously attempts to lift the barrel, but Spike grabs the barrel and finds Tyke. Tyke wiggles his tail at his father. Tom then flees away from Spike and Tyke until he crashes into a tree, fountain, and clothesline hanger again. Spike punches Tom's face and Tom backs away from Spike. Spike then skinned Tom alive off-screen]
- Tom: [off-screen] YEOW! YEOW!
- Daws Butler as Spike the bulldog