Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a military figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
- Quoted in Suzuki, Daisetz Teitaro; Zen Buddhism and Its Influence on Japanese Culture (1970); p. 188
- Cited in Wisdom from Early Japan. The Samurai Archives. Retrieved on 2006-11-07.
- Cited in Storry, Richard (October 11, 1979). "Cult of the Sword". The New York Review of Books 26 (15). ISSN 0028-7504. Retrieved on 2006-11-07. (Review of several books on the samurai of Japan.)
- Alternative: "Those who cling to life die, and those who defy death live."