Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta (born 26 October 1961) is the fourth and the current President of Kenya, he has been in office since 9 April 2013. He previously served in the Government of Kenya as Minister for Local Government from 2001 to 2002, and he was leader of the official opposition from 2002 to 2007; subsequently he was Deputy Prime Minister from 2008 to 2013. He served as the Member of Parliament for Gatundu South Constituency beginning in 2002. Kenyatta was also Chairman of Kenya African National Union (KANU), which was a part of the Party of National Unity (PNU).
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I am convinced the days of reckless corruption in this country are numbered. Even now, history is drawing a line in the sand and there is a war that rages. Consider whether you will fight on the right side when the rule of integrity is finally realised. Because that day is coming. As much as integrity, impartiality is a good principle to espouse and a difficult practice to achieve. Yet achieve it you must. The purpose of the police is to enforce the law, and the law favours no man. Your decisions as such, must never be subject to the charge of discrimination.
- On modernizing police in Kenya, quoted in "President Kenyatta promises modernization of police service", CitizenTV (February 19, 2016).
- I assure you again that under my leadership, Kenya will strive to uphold our international obligations, so long as these are founded on the well-established principles of mutual respect and reciprocity.
- Quoted on BBC News, 'Uhuru Kenyatta sworn in as Kenyan president" (9 April 2013).
- We will embrace partnerships based on mutual respect and win-win scenarios. We will not accept partnerships that do not recognise we also have the intellectual capacity to engage on equal terms. Africa has a voice. Fifty years after independence, Africa demands that its voice must be heard.
- Quoted on BBC News, "Kenya's independence: Uhuru Kenyatta in equality appeal" (12 December 2013).