Ultimate Spider-Man (2000-present) is a superhero comic book series published by Marvel Comics. The series is a modernized reimagining of the long-running marvel comic Spider-Man. It is set outside of the Marvel Universe continuity in the Ultimate Marvel Universe.
Due to the extensive amount of quotes in the game, they are not included here. For the Ultimate Spider-Man video game, please see the main article.
|Annuals||1||2||3||Ultimate 6||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||External links|
Power and Responsibility
Issue 1 - Powerless
- Norman Osborn: You a fan of Greek mythology, Justin? Ever hear the myth of Arachne?
- Peter Parker: Sodium carbonate... that is such an odd choice. I wonder if I mixed it Lithium and -- AHH! [French fries fly in his face, courtesy of Flash Thompson and Kenny Kong]
- May Parker: S.A.D.
- Ben Parker: What?
- May: Social Anxiety Disorder, I think that's what's the matter with him
- Ben: May, will ease off the boy for crying out loud?
- May: I think it's worth investigating
- Ben: Then stop bugging me about it.
- May: Aren't you worried about him, Ben?
- Ben: Not one bit. He's brilliant and resourceful.
- May: I don't like it. He used to be sweet and happy.
- Ben: And now he's a complative young-man
- May: Just like his father was.
- Ben: That's right.
- May: Peter? Peter? Peter?! Peter?!
- Peter Parker: Yo?
- May: What did we say about reading at the table?
- Peter: [cheekily] That it's great and I should do it all the time?
Issue 3 - Wannabe
- [Peter Parker has just vanquished Crusher Hogan. The MC holds up Spider-Man's arm.]
- Wrestling MC: Ladies and gentlemen... THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN!
- [Spider-Man beat Crusher Hogan a second time.]
- Spider-Man: You okay?
- Crusher Hogan: You think I've never been dropped on my head before?
- Spider-Man: Nah, I was sure you have. Deuces, man.
Issue 4 - With Great Power
- [Peter Parker is livid.]
- Ben Parker: Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen to you and your life, Peter. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility. Do you understand that, son?
- Peter Parker: [yelling] Responsibility? Yeah, I understand. So where is he, Uncle Ben? Where's my dad? If "responsibility" meant so much to him, why wasn't he here to tell me that himself?!
Issue 6 - Big Time Super Hero
- Spider-Man: Hey! As hall monitor, I'm gonna have to ask to see your hall pass!
- [Green Goblin emerges from the smoke]
- Spider-Man: Wow, aren't you a tall drink of water? I take it you're not filling in for the PE teacher, are ya?
Issue 8 - Working Stiff
- [Viewing on Peter Parker's photo of Spider-Man]
- J. Jonah Jameson: Crap. Crap. Crap. What? Did you take these with a disposable camera?
- Peter Parker: I...
- J. Jonah Jameson (continues viewing): Crap. Crap.
- Peter Parker: Uh -- it looks like the script's in a recursive loop. Y'know? The line you changed is causing the script to call itself over and over again without a conditional statement to allow the script to exit or stop calling itself. None of the pages on the site are rendered because the results of the script are needed, but since the script is recursively calling itself, you'll never get results and the pages will never render. See? Technically, web sites don't crash, web servers do. And the web server hasn't crashed...yet. It will, if or when this recursive loop maxes out the web server's CPU resources. All you need to do is add a conditional statement like this to the script -- upload over the older script, and WHAMO! See? I kinda know a thing or two about web designing.
- Robbie Robinson: Peter, here's some advice about crime. Say the feds did find someway to bring down the Kingpin...but the problem is, criminals like him don't get their position without leaving a large mark. For men like him, with his thumb stuck in every pie he could find, even if he's out of the picture, there's a empty seat left, waiting to be filled. It's a job every criminal wants. And they'd kill each other to sit in it. They'd claw, bite, stab and stomp to get it. And even then, he bought half our stock, so the chances of us outing him aren't worth salt. So, if it wasn't him, it'd be someone else. It might stink, but that's just how it is, son.
Issue 9 - Meet The Enforcers
- [the Enforcers wait outside in an alleyway]
- Fancy Dan: Man, boys, I hate that place.
- Montana: What place, Dan?
- Fancy Dan: That burger joint down at Broad Street.
- Montana: We're in New York City. There's a millionof them. Be a tad more specific.
- Ox: You talkin' about the McDonald's?
- Fancy Dan: That's it!
- Ox: What's not like about McDonald's? They got a 60 cent menu! And their Big Macs are great!
- Fancy Dan: For real, pard. Whaddya got against McDonald's?
- Fancy Dan: I wanna take a wreaking ball to it every time I walk by it!
- Montana: Again, what for?
- Fancy Dan: Nothing.
- Montana: Nothing, my ass. You wouldn't be complaining about it over nothing. Spill.
- Fancy Dan: Alright, fine! Back in high school, I tried applying for a job there, but they never got back to me. I felt offended.
[Montana and Ox stare blankly at him]
- Fancy Dan: What, why're you looking at me like that?
- Montana: When was this, Dan? 1982?
- Fancy Dan: Whatever, I'm over it
- Montana: Really?
- Fancy Dan: Yeah, I am.
- Montana: So, because you're over it, you want to take a wrecking ball to it, right?
- Fancy Dan: Yeah! Because it pisses me off everytime I see it!
- Ox: Dan, I gotta say, you're one crazy dude, y'know that?
- Spider-Man: C'mon, you guys seriously don't know who I am? I mean, yeah I know I'm new on the block. Lemme break it down, I'm Spider-Man. You're criminals. I'm a superhero, therefore I'm gonna stop you from committing crimes, yadigg?
- [After Montana got Spider-Man by the throat with his whip]
- Ox: Look at 'im! Can't believe you got the cahones to walk around in tights like that!
- Mr. Big: So, you came here looking for the Kingpin, huh?
- Spider-Man: Yeah?
- Mr. Big: Any particular reason why you're gunning for him?
- Spider-Man: Well, that's between him and me, Mr...Uh...
- Mr. Big: Big. Mr. Big. And no offense, buddy, but I see a big flaw in this plan of yours.
- Spider-Man: Really? So, this the part you laugh and tell me how unstoppable he is and how futile my efforts are?
- Mr. Big: Heh heh, yeah, right. That'd be the cliche thing to do, right. So, instead, I offer this little scrap of advice. You really wanna get at the Kingpin? Here's how you do it. You find something he wants, he needs. And you try to take it from him. That. That he hates more than anything.
- Spider-Man: Uh, any reason you're telling me this?
- Mr. Big: Well, just cuz we work for Kingpin, doesn't mean we have his best interests in mind.
- J. Jonah Jameson: People are sheep. They'll read what you give them.
Issue 10 - The Worst Thing
- Kingpin: Who sent you?
- Spider-Man: Uh...Uh...Carson Daly.
- Kingpin: Who?
- [Kingpin has just spotted Spidey.]
- Kingpin: Elektra, take care of this. I have guests I need to attend to
- Electro: Electro. "-TRO". Boss, I told you, call me Electro. As in "To electrocute"
- [After Spider-Man is thrown out a window]
- Electro: Anything else, boss?
- Kingpin: Yes. Find whoever this Carson and dispose of him. Effectively.
- Electro: With pleasure, boss.
- [After Spider-Man is beaten by the Kingpin]
- Peter Parker[To himself]: Peter Parker, you suck. Recap time. My second outing as a hero, trying to find incriminating evidence on New York's biggest crime lord and what happens, because of your recklessness? I get my ass whooped, electrocuted by Sparky Sparky Boom Man, my web-shooters crushed, my mask yanked off, and tossed out the window just like that. In the span of thirty seconds. I was electrocuted and thrown out of a skyscraper! What a loser am I? Shit, man! I mean, I knew nothing about this dude, other than the fact he's running most of the organized crime in the five Burroughs. Other than that, zero idea of what I was in for. And after I blew it investigating the Enforcers, you'd think I'd learn to back off and leave it be. Nope, not Peter Parker! Dude, they stole your mask. That's got to be the worst thing that could happen to a superhero. Ugh, my entire body is sore as shit, feels like I got hit by a plane going 500mph. My one saving grace is there's no school tomorrow. How much juice did that bald f***er hit me with? It's funny. Electro. Latest supervillain after the Green Goblin. Wonder if he got bit by an electric eel? Ugh, and I'm willing to bet MJ's mad. Of course she's mad, doofus. You stiffed her. Conclusion: you suck.
- [Kingpin shows Mr. Big Spider-Man's captured mask]
- Mr. Big: Hmph. So, Fisk, think you got an idea about all these weirdos in spandex are showing up these days? Dan here thinks it's the newest fad. Like hip-hop.
Issue 11 - Discovery
- [Kenny is choke-holding Flash]
- Kenny McFarlane: I'm just saying I've seen every single Keanu Reeves movie ever made and I don't see what the appeal is.
- Flash Thompson: Wait, you've see every movie Keanu Reeves has ever made?
- Kenny McFarlane: Yeah...
- Flash Thompson: Sounds to me like you're his biggest fan, Kong.
- Kenny McFarlane: Eat a chair, Flash!
- Flash Thompson: Kenny and Keanu, sitting in a tree!
- Kingpin: This new occurrence of costumed vagabonds. It's quite bothersome.
- Electro: Mr. Fisk, we won't be hearing from Spider-Man again. And if we did -- I'd smoke him like a salmon.
- [At the same time, Spider-Man inadvertently cause a blackout to Fisk Towers as Electro snaps his fingers]
- Electro: ...I didn't do it.
Issue 12 - Battle Royal
- [After Ox brutally subdued Spider-Man]
- Electro: Don't worry, lemme handle him. I'll fry this punkass kid!
- Montana: Wait, he's a kid?
- Electro: You betcha! Ten bucks says he isn't even over 10!
- Spider-Man: You a mutant?
- Electro: Are you?
- Spider-Man: Asked you first, dude.
- Spider-Man: Hey, big guy! Still with me
- Ox: Uggh. I don't feel so good.
- Spider-Man: Well, you look terrible if that makes you feel better.
- Kingpin: I don't know who you are. I don't know what your agenda is. And I don't know what possessed you to think coming here, into my headquarters, and meddling in affairs you have nothing to do with, was even slightly a good plan. So, let me tell you, Spider-Man. Whatever you think coming here would accomplish, however you thought this scheme would go down, there is one thing I know for certain. You have proven yourself a threat to me, and that means you won't be leaving here alive. Now, who are you?
- Spider-Man: You wanna know who I am? I get it. It burns you up that after every other time someone's tried to take you, me, a guy in a red and blue onesie, is the one who's actually gotten the closest to doing it. Am I right? Don't answer, I know that's it. As for who I am? I'm just one of several people who got sick of you ruining the lives of good people. Also, you wanna know what else?
- [Spider-Man pulls several notecards out of his backpack]
- Spider-Man: You are so fat--That when you cut yourself shaving...marshmallow fluff comes out. Nothing? Okay, You're so fat--That your high school yearbook picture was taken from a helicopter. Oh, Tough room. You're so fat--That when you get on a scale, it says "one at a time".
- [Kingpin roars in annoyance and rage, snapping his buttons and revealing his muscles, before lunging at Spidey]
- Spider-Man: [still cheerfully insulting him] You're so fat, you're belly button echoes. When you back up, you go "beep beep beep". Every time you get on a elevator, the cables snap.
Issue 13 - Confessions
- [Peter just revealed to Mary Jane that he is Spider-Man, and both confess their love to each other]
- Mary Jane: Face it, Tiger, you just hit the jackpot.
Issue 15 - Confrontations
- Spider-Man: Hey, aren't you J. Jonah Jameson? Chief editor of the Daily Bugle? The guy who prints libel and all that other false bullcrap about me in the paper? Yeah? Well, I got one thing to say you, buddy.
- [Spider-Man jumps away]
- Spider-Man: HAHAHA! Dude, I love the paper! It's hysterical! See ya!
- [J. Jonah Jameson starts to walk away, then falls flat on his face.]
- Robbie Robertson: Jonah!
- [Spider-Man has webbed JJJ's feet to the pavement.]
- Kenny McFarlane: Flash, Liz! You guys are never gonna believe it! Parker is Spider-Man.
- Flash Thompson: You're right, Kong. I don't believe it at all.
Issue 17 - Taking Advantage
- Ben Urich: Hey Peter, you wouldn't happen to know where Doctor Otto Octavius is?
- Peter Parker: No!!! No, no of course not, no I mean -- why -- why would I know?
- Ben Urich: Yeeeah, might wanna cut back on the Mars Bars there, kid.
- Kraven the Hunter: What I do, ladies and gents, is hunt the biggest and the baddest things on Earth. And I'm here to hunt the one you call Spider-Man.
- Reporter: And -- uh -- What are you going to do with him when you find him?
- Kraven the Hunter: Oh, I'm going to kill him -- with me bare hands.
[Peter has an appropriate O_O face at this]
Issue 18 - The Cycle
- [Spider-Man is wriggling in Doc Ock's grip]
- Doctor Octopus: And just who are you supposed to be?
- Spider-Man: Moi? Don't you read the newspaper? I'm just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
- Doctor Octopus: Cute, yet intriguing. You are quite the spectacular specimen. One of Hammer's latest guinea pigs I presume? A new super-solider from S.H.I.E.L.D. perhaps?
- Spider-Man: Nah, I'm just a member of the New York Police Department's haircut division. There's a fifty-dollar fine on bowlcuts in this city.
- Doctor Octopus: Well, I like my hair, thank you very much.
- [Later Doctor Octopus has captured Spider-Man]
- Spider-Man: You're stronger than you look. And these arms. You make 'em yourse-ack!
- Doctor Octopus: You are quite irritating.
- [Doc Ock strangles Spidey]
- Spider-Man: I have a knack for that--ACK!
- Doctor Octopus: Not anymore.
Issue 20 - Live
- Spider-Man: [to Dr. Octopus] I still kinda feel bad for you and your dumb metal arm incident. I even say on your behalf "Ever think he needs a hug?"
- Spider-Man: [to Dr. Octopus] Suggestions for future career choices, Doc? You could rent yourself out at Disney World, like the Magic Carpet ride, man! You don't gotta be a supervill-- [Dr. Octopus knocks him into a truck] Piooff!
Issue 22 - Reflections Of...
- [Spidey is kicking around a bunch of inline-skating muggers. He exhibits an inability to stop talking to his enemies.]
- Spider-Man: Wow. This is just sad. I mean, really? I actually jumped out of line at Taco Bell... for this? [delivers devastating blows] Your outfits don't even match! How hard is it to get matching outfits, guys? I mean really! [Yet more blows] I mean, my usual's the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Kraven and Electro, and even the Juggernaut! I'm A-list, baby! [Yet more blows] There'll be more shirts and toys of me than you can count by next year! [Yet more blows] ...whereas you can't even come up with a coherent group fashion statement! [muggers are unconcious, and Spider-Man continues talking] I'm not saying wearing spandex's a priority. It's not, trust me. It's itchy and rides up in the crotch. And from looks of ya, it'd be worse on you. But, if you're trying to take yourselves seriously as legit criminals...heed my advice and come up with a better presentation. [Turns to crowd] I hope this has taught you all a valuable lesson of not going out of your way to look completely stupid while robbing a bank...Anyway, gotta bounce 'cuz...[Swings away] I'm late for class.
- Harry Osborn: So,
- Flash Thompson: What?
- Harry Osborn:
- Flash Thompson: What?
- Harry Osborn: I've had a lot of time to think things over and it's pretty obvious, Flash.
- Flash Thompson: What?
- Harry Osborn: You gay?
- Peter Parker: Pfffttt HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
- Flash Thompson: Wait, what the f-
- Gwen Stacy: I thought you were when I first got here.
- Flash Thompson: Shut the hell up, psycho girl! I don't need to take this from you wasteoids! Two nerds, a wacko, and Jason Voorhees' daughter! You guys can kiss my ass!
Issue 23 - Responsible
- Gwen Stacy: Sorry I ruined your phone sex. [Glances back at Peter] Nice boxers.
- Aunt May: Okay. Put on some pants.
- Gwen Stacy: [hugging Peter] Hey, it's my hero!
- Peter Parker: Yowch! Gwen! Easy!
- Gwen Stacy: What?
- Peter Parker: Your spike bracelet, it's kinda shabby...
- Gwen Stacy: Ha! Sorry.
Issue 24 - Ultimatum
- Nick Fury: Peter, optimism is a revolutionary act.
- Peter Parker: Who told you that? The guy who stabbed you in the eye?
- [Fury jumps up, but then controls himself]
- Nick Fury: Yes, actually.
Issue 32 - Just Some Guy
- [Spidey has just beaten his homicidal imposter to a pulp and yanks off his mask]
- Spider-Man imposter: P-Please... I'm- I'm just some guy...
- Spidey-Man: Just some guy? Just some guy?! [slams the imposter against a wall] Lemme tell you something, Just Some Guy! I didn't get superpowers, risking my neck for a city that hates my guts, so "Just some guy" could put on my suit, and go around robbing banks and killing people! You murdered the police captain! A good man! He had a daughter! And she's lost because of you! It's because of you that the city hates my twice as much as before! Because you think this is a fad! It's not! Saving people from bad guys like you isn't a @#$%ing game! Don't you dare say "It wasn't personal". All that you've done has affected me personally. I can't do my damn job anymore without cops trying to shoot me down, because I'm just another criminal! You've ruined everything I stand for! [grabs the imposter by the throat, throttling him angrily]
- Spider-Man imposter: Please...I'm sorry...
- Spider-Man: I don't wanna hear your apologies, I wanna hear you scream! Why not! You've got everyone convinced I'm a murderer! Why bother hiding it!? Might as well! Tell me you don't deserve it! Tell me, dammit!
Issue 37 - Still
- Eddie Brock: It only hurts this much now because you have nothing to compare it to. It's all just training wheels. [...] it all fades away. When real life starts... you'll know it.
- [Venom is standing in front of Peter Parker, the face of the symbiote pulling back to reveal Eddie Brock's face.]
- Venom: Our fathers died so that I could live... and now you will, too.
- Peter Parker: Eddie...? What did you do?
- Venom: What you made me do. We were friends... [Venom lunges at Peter, tackling him to the ground] AND YOU BETRAYED ME!
- [Venom grabs Peter by the throat, hoisting him in the air.]
- Venom: Well, not anymore. The suit, this symbiote belongs to me. You tried to destroy it. Well, it's not yours to decide. It's mine now. It's like a poison. It's eating at my body. Tearing at my mind. I can feel it inside me, and outside me. Like poison in my veins. Like venom. Cold, black, venom.
Issue 38 - Father's Pride
Richard Parker: [on a video tape] Peter, I didn't think they day would come that I would ever end up telling you this. But, the simple truth is: these days we live in a world of liars. Those do or say anything just for the the appearance that they are better than they are, more than they are. And never for a second would they ever actually try to what they say. Be better. I'm finding more and more people who are only words, and no action. It's disheartening to know that this's more or less the "real world". A world of naysayers and whiners. But me? I wanted to be special for real, I had gifts, talent, knowledge. And I decided to use them to help make the world a better place. And actually mean it. Because you hear everyone complain about how bad the world is. So, I actually tried to find those people. Thing is, I watched my own bull of a father wither away in front of me, from cancer. And I never could find out why. When I realized the sheer scope of what cancer was and what it did, I dedicated myself to a purpose that no boy or girl ever had to suffer through that again. But, when I completed my work, when all was said and done, and because I made the mistake of getting corporate funding. They stole it, framed me for embezzlement. They didn't care about the medical purposes. The advances that could've been made in medicine, the potential scientific breakthroughs that could result from this one project. They wanted a weapon. My project, my research, my respect, my struggle. All for nothing. Peter, you're too young right now to understand this, but if you grow up to be anything better than me, and inherit this big brain, I'm telling you now. Never tell anyone your secrets. Never sell them. It seems that's all that matters anymore. Can it explode, can it destroy, can it kill the enemy? Can we aim it and fire it at the other side? How much money could it make us? And God help me, if my work is sold off to those enemies, ever used to hurt anybody, I will never forgive myself. People will say I'm a monster. And they may end up being right. I just wish I had more time...
Issue 40 - Average Bear
- [Spider-Man enters just with a Spider-Man mask, and a shirt with a spider logo]
- Spider-Man: You guys are just happy to be walking clichés. Not a care in the world. Seriously good for you. But come on guys, leave the lady alone.
- [Gang looks at Spider-Man puzzled]
- Spider-Man: What?
- Thug 1: Who're you supposed to be?
- Spider-Man: Seriously?
- Thug 1: Yeah, who the hell are you?
- Spider-Man: Uh, I'm Spider-Man. Ah doi. Read the newspaper.
- Thug 1: Where's your costume?
- Spider-Man: Your mom's washing it for me.
- Thug 2: Oooogghhh, ddaayyymmnnn!!
Issue 43 - Help
- Jean Grey: In fact, you're the first guy in six months who hasn't immediately pictured me naked, so I appreciate that.
- Jean Grey: Until now... you done yet?
- Spider-Man: ........ Ok now I'm done.
- [Jean Grey stares angrily at Spider-man]
- Spider-Man: Ok now I'm really done.
Issue 44 - Tampered
- [Spidey wakes up in the X-Men's mansion.]
- Spider-Man: You took off my mask?!
- Beast: We wanted to make sure you were still breathing.
- Spider-Man: Oh my God! Ever wonder if there was a reason I was wearing the mask in the first place? Every time I turn around, off comes the mask and then "Hey everybody! Check it out! It's Peter Parker!"
- [The X-Men snigger.]
- Shadowcat: We, uh, we actually didn't know your name.
- [Peter claws at his head]
Cats and Kings
Issue 50 - The Black Cat
- [Spider-Man meeting and seeing Black Cat for the first time]
- Spider-Man: You...are a considerable step up from the usual riffraff I find sneaking around the rooftops in the middle of the night.
- Black Cat: Should never cross a Black Cat's path. That's seven years bad luck for you.
- Spider-Man: Um... did I just have seven years bad luck or am I going to have seven years bad luck?
Issue 52 - Cat Fight
- [Recounting what Black Cat said to Elektra]
- Spider-Man: "I'm not my father"? Who would her father even be? Batman?
- [On the set of the "Spider-Man" movie, Tobey Maguire is "crawling" on a wall in the Spidey costume.]
- Tobey Maguire: And one day the world will know just how conflicted-- AGH! AAGGH, can't see. I can't see!!
- Sam Raimi: CUT! What's wrong, Tobey?
- Tobey Maguire: The problem is I can't see out of this mask! Everytime I turn my head the mask shifts and--
- [Suddenly, he stares right at the real Spider-Man.]
- Spider-Man: &@#! you. [points to Avi Arad] %$&* you, [turns [turns to the rest of the crew] %*$% you!
- [points to Sam Raimi]
- Spider-Man: All right, I liked Evil Dead 2, so you're cool, but aside from that, #*$% all of you, I'm out!
- [Spider-Man just angrily performed mind-boggling acts of acrobatics to prove how inferior the film will be to him.]
- Spider-Man: Are you seriously freaking filming right now? Why?
- Avi Arad: Because a little CGI tweak and I just saved, roughly, 1.2 million on special effects.
- Spider-Man: Screw. You.
- [Sam Raimi and Avi Arad are on set of the "Spider-Man" movie, and on a distant wall, the real Spidey glowers angrily at them]
- Sam Raimi: Avi, why are we whispering? He's a half-mile away.
- Avi Arad: He might have spider-hearing.
- Sam Raimi: Seriously, "spider-hearing?"
- Avi Arad: Or something.
- Spider-Man: Well, I don't have spider-hearing. But I do listen. And I'm hearing your little conniving comments. And they're pissing me off!
- [Spidey faces Brazilian authorities]
- Spider-Man: Speako Englisho! Please, does anyone speak anything even remotely close to English? I speak a little Klingon...
- [Peter just fled Newark airport wearing his Spidey outfit plus earmuffs, a pullover, diapers, gloves and other outrageous stuff. On TV, eyewitnesses report a "crossdressing Spider-Man"]
- Mary Jane: Dressing up like a woman now? Is there anything you want to tell me?
- Peter: That I'm tired, I've had one hell of a night, that you're hot with your hair down?
- [Spider-Man talking to Gladiator, who is hunched over and looks smaller than he actually is.]
- Spider-Man: Hey, why don't you go and pick on someone your own...
- [Gladiator turns around, revealing his true, gargantuan size as he towers over Spider-Man.]
- Spider-Man: ...size? Alright, you stay here, and I'll go find somebody else? Okay?
- [Spidey is battling the Gladiator]
- Spider-Man: OK, clearly you are the textbook definition of a meathead.
- Gwen Stacy: I don't even know if I like boys.
- [Mary-Jane looks shocked, but switches to an unamused look]
- Mary Jane: You're messing with me, right?
- Gwen Stacy: [laughs] Yeah.
Issue 65 - Detention
- Kenny McFarlane: Listen, he's- he's not a bad guy. He's just, I don't know, loud. He's not a bad guy.
- Peter Parker: Yeah, he is, Kenny.
- Liz Allen: I'm with Peter.
- Kenny McFarlane: Dude, you and him just need to, like, sit down and--
- Peter Parker: Kong, I've known Flash Thompson since I was seven years old. And I've met a lot of bad people... He is a bad guy. Sure, now he's just-- He's a bully. Plain and simple. Takes his shots, gives a wedgie, dumps a bucket of water, or even piss... and everyone laughs. Just jokes, right? He gets to say and do whatever he wants because he has a basketball jacket and a nice haircut... Because really, in the world as it is now... I guess all you need for everyone to like you, because no one'll ever tell you any different. But here's the thing...maybe he'll grow up, become a man. And because you've rewarded him for his behaviour year after year after year... Because his parents don't seem to care... Because all he knows now is to be a bully, to treat people like shit... He's going to grow up to be a full-grown bully. Because that's all he knows how to be. The world is full of them. The world is being run by them. And your "friend" is one of them. Learn this and learn fast, Kenny. That is the real world. That is why Gwen is dead. That is why Harry is gone. That is why me, Kitty, and MJ don't have legit parents. Because good people don't always get a chance to be happy. And sometimes, they end up dead. Because when it comes down to it, we'll never be prepared for one of these monsters to stab us in the heart and let us bleed as they steal what we treasure. That is the cold hard truth, Kong.
- Kenny McFarlane: And me?
- Peter Parker: What do you mean, "and you?".
- Kenny McFarlane: Am I one of these people?
- Peter Parker: No, Kenny. You're not. You're misguided. You're best friends with someone who treats you like crap. Flash hangs around with you around with you solely to make himself feel superior. So, believe me when I say this, you are ten times the guy he is. And maybe one day, you'll see clearly enough to be your own man.
- Kenny McFarlane: What about you, Pete? What kind of person are you?
- Peter Parker: I'm nobody special.
- Peter Parker: I'm sorry, Gwen.
Issue 66 - Even We Don't Believe This
- Flash Thompson: Whomp whomp. (Flash flicks two fingers on the back of Peter Parker's head.)
- [ Wolverine in Peter Paker's Body glances at Flash, Flash continues to give a cocky grin. This time, Wolverine in Peter's body fully glares at Flash.]
- Wolverine (In Peter's body): Rrrrrrrrrr.
- [Flash's eyes widen in apparent fear and suprise.]
Issue 67 - Jump The Shark
- Brian Michael Bendis: Even I couldn't milk three issues out of this one.
- Kitty Pride: Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters... gifted youngster speaking.
- Wolverine (In Spider-Man's body): When I find out who did this to me, and- wait, why am I talking to myself. I never talk to myself. I'm talking as much as the kid talks. Dear god, I gotta get out of this body!
- Spider-Man (In Wolverine's body): [to Wolverine] You need to do a full body shampooing, man. You need to wash everywhere!
- Spider-Man (In Wolverine's body): And don't think that just because two big-time superheroes showed up for this that you're some kind of special-
- Wolverine (In Spider-Man's body): Kid, shut up!
- Spider-Man (In Wolverine's body): What?
- Wolverine (In Spider-Man's body): Stop making stupid joke in my body! You're making me look bad!
- Spider-Man (In Wolverine's body): Really?
- Wolverine (In Spider-Man's body): Yes, I have an image to maintain.
- Spider-Man (In Wolverine's body): And a stench!
- Spider-Man (In his body again, and is mad at the X-Men): Take it from everyone hates you? It's not because you're Mutants. It's because you act like *&!@£'s! [He screams out a bunch of Expletives, quite angrily cussing them all out, and webs away] AAAARRRGGH!
- Jean Grey: Oh God, I didn't realize he'd be so upset. I should've never involved him in this. I have to apologize to him. Maybe send a gift basket.
- Colossus: [To Nightcrawler] How am I a [Expletive]]? I'm just standing here.
- Mary-Jane:: [To Peter] That thing you tried to do this morning, can we not do that till we're older?
- [She hugs Peter, who is in a state of Shock]
Issue 68 - Popular
- [Sue has just told Johnny he needs to get his high school diploma]
- Sue Storm: Because you need to graduate high school. You only have a semester left.
- Reed Richards: It's nothing.
- Sue Storm: Get the diploma. For Dad.
- Johnny Storm: You didn't.
- Sue Storm: I have four separate doctorates in chemical sciences.
- Johnny Storm: Still didn't graduate high school.
- Mary Jane Watson: Peter, do guys like confidence in girls?
- Peter & Liz: No.
- Peter Parker: Guys like skanky outfits.
- Liz Allen: Mary Jane Watson-Parker, you're making me beg.
- Peter Parker: What?
- Mary Jane Watson: Liz, do not call me that.
- Mary Jane Watson: Hi.
- Johnny Storm: Hi?
- Mary Jane Watson: I'm Mary Jane Watson-Parker. I-I mean-- I'm- I'm Mary Jane Watson.
- Johnny Storm: Okay, you'll let me know when you make up your mind, right?
- Mary Jane Watson: We're going to the beach Friday night?
- Peter Parker: Meh.
- Mary Jane Watson: Bikini.
- Peter Parker: Okay.
- [After Johnny accidentally flames on because he was too close to a bonfire]
- Johnny Storm: Uh... Yeah, I don't think I can bullshit my way out of this.
Issue 69 - Meet Me
- Mary Jane Watson: You know Gandhi never webbed someone by their feet and hung them upside down froma a lamppost.
- Peter Parker: Except that one time.
- Johnny Storm: FLAME ON! NO ONE STEAL MY JACKET!
Issue 70 - Ultimate Strange (1 of 2)
- Hawkeye: See ya at prom
- Black Widow: Be nice, Clint. He's just a kid.
- Hawkeye: And I hate kids.
- Black Widow: Clint, you have kids.
- Hawkeye: Nat, there's a difference.
- Ben Urich: So I hope you learned something.
- Peter Parker: That someone will trip you on the sidewalk, and everyone will laugh at you?
- Ben Urich: You are a bright kid.
Issue 71 - Ultimate Strange (2 of 2)
- Ben Urich (Nightmare): Picture this, J.J. Say a giant robot busts in, grabs him, crushes him like Play-Doh and tosses him in the East River and no one will ever find him. Ten years will pass and nobody will even remember the name Spider-Man. He'll be ancient history.
- J. Jonah Jameson (Nightmare): You serious?
- Ben Urich (Nightmare): As a stroke.
- J. Jonah Jameson (Nightmare): I don't believe it.
- Ben Urich (Nightmare): Watch!
- [Giant robot smashes through the wall and grabs Peter]
- Ben Urich (Nightmare): See?
- J. Jonah Jameson (Nightmare): You are a genius, Urich.
- Spider-Man: Okay, I gotta skedaddle. I got another group of ungrateful weasels to save across town. Btw, when the police come, make sure to stare at them blankly, too. Oh, and if one of you could blame me for all this, that'd be a big help.
- Captain Jeanne De Wolfe: The Gladiator-museum situation.
- Spider-Man: He called himself the Gladiator?
- Captain Jeanne De Wolfe: He's psychotic. Psychos tend to do that.
Issue 78 - Dumped
- Teacher: Excuse me, Mr. Parker where are you going?
- Peter Parker: Bathroom.
- Teacher: You sit down right this--
- Peter Parker: Or what? You'll fail me? I could teach this class.
- Liz Allen: What is so special about Peter Parker?
- Flash Thompson: Someone please explain to me... What is so frickin' special about Peter Parker?
- Mark Raxton: Sit down, ace.
- Flash Thompson: Hey, do you know who--
- Mark Raxton: Sit down.
- Flash Thompson: No--
- Mark Raxton: Sit!
- Flash Thompson: But--
- Mark Raxton: Just sit down, dammit!
- Singer of Mark's band: YOU'RE MY MOLTEN MAAAAAAAAAAAANN!! AND I'M MELTING ON YOUUUUUUUU!
- Kenny McFarlane: Catchy.
- Kenny McFarlane: Why am I here?
- Mary Jane Watson: Because we love you, Kenny.
- Liz Allen: And your car.
- Kenny McFarlane: (I gotta get in a band.)
- Liz Allen: Go! We have a previous engagement.
- Kenny McFarlane: Oh, now I know why I'm here.
- Liz Allen: Toodleicious!
- Kenny McFarlane: I gotta get in a band.
- Mark Raxton: What's so special about this Peter Parker?
- Mary Jane: Everything.
- Hammerhead: [repeating line] (What) the hell is Tivo?
- [Spider-Man is fighting Moon Knight]
- Spider-Man: I can't believe this. You're wearing white? At nighttime, in the moonlight. I mean, look at you! You're filthy!! How the hell are you ever going to prowl the rooftops when you stick out like a sore thumb?!
- [Moon Knight throws crescent darts at Spider-Man and Spidey webs them. He is holding them now.]
- Spider-Man: Hey, these're cool! They're like batarangs. You carve these out yourself or do you have 'em custom made?
- Moon Knight: Those are mine!
- Spider-Man: Until you threw 'em at me. Now they're mine.
- [Moon Knight steps back in bewilderment]
- Moon Knight: Okay, just how old are you?
- [After Ben Urich informs Jonah of a lead to Fisk Enterprise]
- J. Jonah Jameson: BOOM!
- Ben Urich: Yahtzee!!
- J. Jonah Jameson: Wait, what?
- Ben Urich: I was trying it out.
- J. Jonah Jameson: Yeah, don't.
- [After Peter suggested to change the headline "Moonman" to Moon Knight]
- J. Jonah Jameson [pondering]: Yeah, Moon Knight. That's a name that sells papers.
- [Peter looks aspire]
- J. Jonah Jameson [flatly]: What're you waiting for? A raise? Get back to work!
- [Elektra and Spider-Man are in a lift. Spidey cannot help staring at her voluptuous chest.]
- Spider-Man: What was your name again?
- Elektra: Elektra. And my face is up here.
- Spider-Man: What? No, I wasn't....
- [Spidey looks down in shame. Elektra smirks.]
- Kingpin: People. The people who you risk your life for everyday. Why do they think they hate you?
- Spider-Man: Because I dress in bright spandex suit?
- Kingpin: They--
- Spider-Man: Oh wait. I know why. It's because I run a criminal empire and cloak it in charity work and quote unquote legitimate businesses and try to sell myself as something I'm not. No, that's you, Fisk.
- Kingpin: No, Spider-Man. They hate you because you're a constant reminder of what they aren't. Special. Unique. Amazing even. They're ungrateful because you make them feel small. Useless. Unspecial. They are in fact like sheep. Deep down, they're grateful to be ordinary. You're vigilantism, stopping crooks and villains alike, I'm sure, because you want to change the world, yes? Perhaps because you're young. Because you benefit from optimism and idealism that comes from being a child. And I truly do envy that, son. I don't envy the day you realize what the reality is. Heroes are outcasts. They're loathed and envied. To be a beloved hero is a fantasy. In the real world, people want to be free to do whatever they want. But, when they see you beating down the dogs, they feel you're bearing down on them. Like they aren't allowed anymore, lest you come after them next. In truth, I don't hate you. I don't hold anything against superheroes in general. Because, nothing you do, in the long scheme, could ever dent my outcome. My goals. You're a nuisance at best. The law, the rules, are shackles. Keeping the greedy from getting what they want. And so, they want me to give it to them. That's the cruel truth of the world, my boy. People, at their core, don't care about anything but themselves.
- Spider-Man: That's how you see it, but you're the criminal, so I don't particularly care or believe what you say. And as for reality? Mutants are a reality. Captain America's a reality. Iron Man and his battle suits are a reality. The Hulk is a reality. And if they can be real, so can I.
- [Upon executing Shang-Chi]
- Hammerhead: Do you have a gun?
- Gang Thug: No.
- Hammerhead: [drawing his pistol] You should get one.
- Spider-Man: Listen, if you're displeased with our service, please file a complaint to our--
- [Spider-Man punches Hammerhead in the head, not knowing that his head is in fact made of steel]
- Spider-Man: $%@#! SON OF A MOTHERF-AAACK! What the hell are you made of, titanium?! God, I think I broke my freakin' hand!
- [Hammerhead is holding Spider-Man at gun-point]
- Hammerhead: Skank! Back off! I'm conducting business!
- Black Cat: Gasp. Do you think I look skanky in this outfit?
- Hammerhead: It's not a negative.
- [Hammerhead fired his gun, but only in causing it to explode in his hand by Spider-Man, who webbed Hammerhead's hand]
- Hammerhead: ARGH! RrrrMy hand!!!
- Spider-Man: You shot a bullet into my web. Or did I shoot a web into your bullet? (I always get those two confused.)
- Spider-Man: Jeez!
- Black Cat: Time to go, spider. Come on...
- Spider-Man: Interesting night. I got shot at three times in fifteen minutes. Must be a record.
- Black Cat: And there was that grenade in your face.
- Ox: I wasn't doin' nothin'!!
- Police Officier: You have the right to an attorney.
- Ox: I was lookin' for dim sum!
- Police Officier: If you can't afford an attorney--
- Ox: I'm out on parole.
- Spider-Man (thinking on Hammerhead): That head on him is freaking me out. What is he? A mutant? Was he bit by a radioactive hammer?
- [Spider-Man & Black Cat have just lept into the middle of a fight involving Elektra, Iron Fist, Hammerhead, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi and The Enforcers]
- Hammerhead: Oh, come on!! You never did this to Wilson Fisk!
- Spider-Man: Uh...Who's the bad guy here?
- Black Cat: I'm not completely sure.
- Spider-Man: Look who I'm asking.
- [While fighting Elektra]
- Spider-Man: Hey uh, are you busy Friday night, because me and my girlfriend have split up and--[Spider-Man then kicks Elektra]
- [Spidey has just stopped a huge battle between Black Cat, Elektra, Iron Fist, Hammerhead, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi and The Enforcers by filling the room with webbing.]
- Spider-Man: You guys are freaking crazy! Yeah, and this's coming from a weirdo in red and blue spandex! I resemble that!
- [Hammerhead is webbed by Spider-Man]
- Hammerhead (to Spider-Man): Son, I've got a list!! And you've just made the top of-- [Hammerhead's mouth is then webbed] hmmmff!!
- Spider-Man: Yeah yeah, "I've gotcha on a list, boy!", could you be any cheesier? God, which 30s crime movie did you walk out of? The Godfather or the Dumbass Gangsters?
- Moon Knight (to Spider-Man): YOU IDIOT! The entire city hangs in the balance over what happens here and you're sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong!!
- Spider-Man: As in, all five boroughs?
- Moon Knight: Yes.
- Spider-Man (to Montana): Can you believe he wears white to a super brawl, at night?
- Montana: Kid, just shut up....
- Spider-Man: You can't blend in to the shadows in white. Hence why Batman works in black.
- Moon Knight: Now the police are here and we have nothing to show for this-Gaaacklllck!
- [Elektra has ran Moon Knight with her sai]
- Elektra: You really shouldn't involve yourself in other people's affairs, Mr. Spector.
- [Hammerhead took a picture of Moon Knight's unmasked face from his mobile phone]
- Hammerhead: I own you!
- [Black Cat has pinned Spidey against the wall and wants to make out with him.]
- Spider-Man: Cat? What--what're you--woah!
- Black Cat: [seductively] You've got this kitty purring, Spider. I want to see if you can kiss as good as you fight.
- [Black Cat pulls off his mask, revealing Peter's quite youthful face.]
- Black Cat [utterly horrified]: I thought you were -- you're just a-- H-how old are--Oh my god, I was about to---
- [Black Cat vomits on Spidey and runs away in shame.]
- Note: Spidey is about 15-16, and Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat, is probably at least in her twenties.
- [Kingpin is speaking to a informant, whose face is obscured]
- Kingpin: At least one good thing came of this.
- Informant: Yeah?
- Kingpin: Spider-Man trusts you now.
- Informant: Yeah, guess he does. So, what do you want me to make him to do for you?
- [Full-page shot of the informant, namely Jeanne De Wolfe]
- [Spider-Man about to crush Omega Red with a fork-lift]
- Omega Red: You know what I'm going to do to you when I--
- Spider-Man: Don't know, don't really care.
- [Spider-Man crushes Omega Red]
- Spider-Man: Woof! Uh, anyone got any Advil?
- Omega Red (weakly): Ow.
- [After Silver Sable upper-kicks Flash Thompson, after having thought he was Spider-Man]
- Silver Sable: This. Is. Not. Spider-Man.
- Kitty Pryde: But we... Should get out of here. The sunglasses are the lamest disguise ever.
- Peter Parker: [snorts] That's a disguise?
- Kitty Pryde: A seven-foot rhino?
- Peter Parker: Coulda been eight-foot-two.
- Kitty Pryde: Huh.
- Peter Parker: Wasn't exactly a real rhino. It was some guy in a weaponized exoskeleton that had a huge horn. On the side in black it had R.H.I.N.O.. Dunno what that acronym stands for.
- Kitty Pryde: There was a man in an eight-foot-two mechanical rhino suit running around Times Square? In broad daylight?
- Peter Parker: Yup. Oh, and Iron Man was there to, he had my back.
- Kitty Pryde: You aren't pulling my leg? You're being absolutely serious?
- Peter Parker: Kitty, we are the both of us scientific anomolies. I say "eight-foot-two robotic rhino-man", you say "sounds like Tuesday afternoon".
- Kitty Pryde: I guess you're right
- Peter Parker: I know I am.
- Kitty Pryde: Any idea why the "R.H.I.N.O." would do such a thing?
- Peter Parker: Not a clue, said "Spider-Man".
- Kitty Pryde: You'd think that would be on the news.
- Peter Parker: Eh. That's the media.
- Kitty Pryde: Well, babe, you did save the day, right?
- Peter Parker: I certainly hope so.
- Kitty Pryde: Wow.
- Peter Parker: Hey, you ever have your fair share of this kinda stuff?
- Kitty Pryde: Never mechanized rhinos.
- Peter Parker: Had no idea you'd be this impressed.
- Mary Jane Watson: Flash Thompson.
- Peter Parker: He's going to rich off this, isn't he?
- Mary Jane Watson: Well, that's the world we live in, right?
- Peter Parker: Yeah, and here I am, broke as the day I was born.
- Mary Jane Watson: Flash Thompson: Spider-Man.
- Peter Parker: I know.
- Mary Jane Watson: Flash Thompson: The hero.
- Peter Parker: I know.
- Mary Jane Watson: [grins] And we both know he was screaming like a bitch, crying for mommy, right?
- Peter Parker: [grins back] Undoubtably.
- [Having seen the news media swarming over Midtown High School looking for Spider-Man]
- Chen: Wow, are we so entirely screwed.
- Fake Spider-Man: I CAN'T HOLD IT IN ANY LONGER, I MUST REVEAL MYSELF TO THE WORLD!!!
- Tony Stark: "Spider-Man is chasing a skinny bald guy in a big bird outfit." Now there's a sentence you don't hear everyday.
- Elijah Stern: You're a puppet. A puppet! With no puppeteer!! Who doesn't even know he's a puppet.
- [Vulture is plunging to the ground after having his equipment shot by Silver Sable]
- Spider-Man: Wonderful, now I gotta save his stupid ass.
- The Ringer: I'm the Ringer!!! Straight up, I'm from Waldorf, Maryland!
- Spider-Man: What? What does that even mean? I don't get the reference! Does not compute! Spider-Man brain has crashed!
- Spider-Man: I gotta- did I miss a memo? Did Maryland become cool?
- Deadpool: Faaaaar out... it's Spider-Man! There's something we didn't expect to get today... Bonus.
- Reaver member: I want to take off his mask.
- Deadpool: Hey. What did I say when you took the job, loser? If you're wearing a mask, it stays on. It's on for a reason. Respect that.
- [Spider-Man wakes up in front of Deadpool]
- Deadpool: Yo, Spider-Man? Mornin', sweety. Rise and shine. Time to greet the day.
- Spider-Man: What's-- who--??
- Deadpool: Now, throw him overboard.
- [Spider-Man is then thrown out of a high-flying helicopter]
- Spider-Man: Are you shitting me!!!?
- Colossus: You do not recognize me?
- Spider-Man: Aunt May?
- Colossus: I am one of X-Men.
- Spider-Man: Big giant Russian metal man!
- Colossus: Colossus.
- Spider-Man: Oh, well I was close, wasn't I?
- Colossus: Indeed you were, comrade.
- Bonebreaker: I'm the Bonebreaker and I am here to break some bones!!!
- Colossus: And if Kitty attacked you, and Storm attacked me...we're dealing with a shapeshifter.
- Spider-Man: Or, women have decided to take over the world. I knew it was coming, but no one listens to me.
- Colossus: This is serious situation, comrade. Joking at this time is most inappropriate.
- Spider-Man: Sorry, it's how I cope.
- Spider-Man: I'm really hoping it's Central Park.
- Colossus: I don't think it is.
- Spider-Man: I know. Don't get alarmed if I crawl up in the fetal position crying, kay?
- Cyclops: Ready.
- Storm: Ready.
- Colossus: Ready.
- Spider-Man: Meh.
- Spider-Man: What's Krakoa Island?
- Shadowcat: It's a prison island for mutants. The nation of Genosha imprisons mutants, sends them here, hunting them, and kill them. For sport.
- Spider-Man: You serious?
- Shadowcat: They broadcast it on TV. We came here last month to investigate it. And oh boy, professor was not pleased. He told us not to, but we did it anyhow.
- Spider-Man: We're on TV right now??
- Shadowcat: Maybe.
- Spider-Man: As of this moment?
- Shadowcat: I said "Maybe?" didn't I?
- Spider-Man: They captured you, brought you here to kill you on live television?
- Shadowcat: And you.
- Spider-Man: Doesn't that sound rather inhumane?
- Shadowcat, Jean Grey & Cyclops: YES!!
- Deadpool: Well, that's one way to look at it.
- Spider-Man: But I'm not a mutant. Not that there's anything wrong with that! But there is something wrong about riffing a ten-year-old Seinfeld bit. So if you want to try to kill me for that I completely understand!
- [Deadpool grabs Nightcrawler by the throat]
- Deadpool: It's the blue smelly one... What's-his-face? You should'a listened to your team captain, Cyclops, and ran like hell, Furby!
- Nightcrawler: KKgg!
- Deadpool: See, I don't get it either.
- Deadpool: It's funny, I came here with starry-eyed dreams of killing me some X-Brats... but all I can think about is that hunky Spider-Man!
- Spider-Man: If I was a lesser superhero, I would say something lame like- "Your show's been cancelled." But that's far beneath me.
- Shadowcat: The fact that you thought of it is a cause for concern.
- Spider-Man: Name calling!? See, now you've mad me all mad and stuff. You know how hard it is for a guy like me to find a nice girl? You're making me look bad in front of my lady on TV. I mean, sure, kidnap me, kidnap her, but when you start with the name calling!!
- Spider-Man: I have spider-sense! You got to learn to trust the spider-sense!
- Spider-Man: If this is a TV show going out live to half the world, do you think we could be up for an Emmy, because I think--
- [Spider-Man gets shot by one of the Reavers]
- Spider-Man: [extremely pissed off, webs and pound the Reaver] %*&*%*@#er, I swear to God, the next %$#@head that shoots me I will stick my hand up your ass and work you like a puppet!
- Deadpool: Don't--
- [Spider-Man unmasks Deadpool]
- Spider-Man: Dude, could you do me, and the entire world watching a favor, and SHUT THE HELL--Oh dear god---
- [Spider-Man and everyone present are surprised]
- Shadowcat: Holy crap!
- [Deadpool's entire face and head is heavily mutilated nearly to a skull, with a hear shaped clear dome around it]
- Deadpool: See, whaddid I tell you!?
- Deadpool: Do you understand? Do you?
- Spider-Man: I understand you smell like a Taco Bell dumpster on a hot day!
- [Deadpool pins Spider-Man to the ground and points his guns at his face]
- Deadpool: I like you, Spidey. You and I, I feel a spiritual connection between us. [cocks hammer] Emphasis on the "spiritual".
- [After Deadpool exploded into nothing]
- Reaver: Let's do it for Wadey!!
- J. Jonah Jameson: Vampires!??
- Ben Urich: There's mutants, Spider-Man, Captain America frozen in a block of ice for decades, Tony Stark is a human tank, Bruce Banner is a hulking green monster, Hank Pym can grow and shrink at will -- But vampires is too much for you?
- J. Jonah Jameson: Excuse me for hoping for something normal, Ben
- Peter Parker: Ms. Brant, what happened?
- Betty Brant: Urich didn't come home last night. He's been missing for a day. Ten bucks says Wilson Fisk tossed him in the river.
- Peter Parker: I'd take that action, but I'd feel inexplicably guilty afterwards.
- Morbius: Stand down hellspawn!! You know who I am!
- Spider-Man: First of all, I don't know know who you are and secondly--
- Morbius: I'm not talking to you, boy!
- Spider-Man: Okay. The wolf is talking. I'm officially creeped out.
- [Having been bitten by a vampire]
- Spider-Man: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DAMN YOU! YOU'VE TURNED ME INTO EDWARD CULLEN!!!
- Spider-Man: Who- what's your name, dude?
- Morbius: Morbius. Michael Morbius. And if we ever bump into each other again... Let us both pray you have matured..... thoroughly.
- Mary Jane Watson: It's dead. It won't bite you and give you frog powers.
- Peter Parker: And that is?
- Mary Jane Watson: That's Mark Raxton. The Molten Man.
- Peter Parker: Molten Man? Wow, now that's a bad costume!
- Mary Jane Watson: His band. The Molten Man.
- Mary Jane Watson: Well, I'm engaged to the Human Torch.
- Peter Parker: Myuk nyuk. You wish.
- Mary Jane Watson: Actually, I'm holding out for Daredevil.
- Peter Parker: He's in his 30's, MJ, good luck.
- Spider-Man: Okay... Uh... Are you mad about a sale?
- Spider-Man: You know, I'm no doctor but... I think you may need different medication.
- Reed Richards: Johnny, drink this.
- Johnny Storm: It's water.
- Reed Richards: Yep.
- Johnny Storm: I can see the headline: Doctor Reed Richards, leader of the world famous Fantastic 4, discovered water. Nobel Committee in emergency session.
- Reed Richards: I made it from my urine.
- [Johnny gives a blank stare, officially broken from reality]
- Ben Grimm: Wait, you know the name of Kevin Costner's character in Waterworld? How many times have you seen it?
- Susan Storm: Okay, sweety, remember when you told me to tell you when you were acting in a way that is socially "unacceptable"?
- Reed Richards: But it's water now, Susan!
- Susan Storm: That is absolutely no excuse.
- Reed Richards: Spider-Man, you can't just touch this building. We have the highest security system known to man on this--
- Spider-Man: Well, I don't have my cell phone on me.
- [Peter telling Aunt May that he's Spider-Man]
- Peter Parker: Spider-Man. The guy who crawls on walls. Who swings on webs. Who wears the red and blue unitard. That's me.
- Peter Parker: You knew my dad was alive and you didn't tell me??!!
- May Parker: You're Spider-Man and you didn't tell me, boy!
- Peter Parker: Fair enough!
- [After the Fantastic 4 have arrived to help Peter against Fury & the Spider Slayer regiment]
- Human Torch: Fury, for God sakes, leave him the hell alone! I am not kidding! He has been through hell tonight! So, Back. Off.
- Mr Fantastic: Why don't you tell us what is going on here? Peter Parker has done nothing wrong.
- Nick Fury: Well, I'm kind of in the middle of a domestic military operation, Richards. So follow my direct order and go home!!
- Human Torch: Yeah, well, I have like four friends in the world. I'm damn sure not letting you do this to one of them.
- Thing: No offense, Red, but you are one ugly--
- [Carnage attacks Thing]
- Thing: Hey, I ain't done... childishly insultin'--
- [Carnage throws Thing from outside the Parker's house in Queens to a convenience store.]
- [Carnage is turned back into Gwen Stacy]
- Peter Parker: Oh my God... Gwen!!??
- Human Torch: Now it's a chick?
- Thing: Kid, I have no idea what's going on...
- Peter Parker: Where did you get Oz from?
- Unidentified voice: He got it from me.
- [ Otto Octavius is shown, infront of Reed Richards & Nick Fury]
- Otto Octavius: His father.
- Otto Octavius: Oh! You've finally got me, haven't you, Arachnid? So, are you going to punch me in the jaw again? Humiliate me? Like you had before? Will that satisfy you, boy!?
- Peter Parker: YOU BETTER FREAKING BELIEVE IT!
- MJ transforms into a Goblin-like creature in Reed Richard's lab
- Thing: Sweet Aunt Petunia on a cracker!
- Spider-Man: I don't have anything to follow that, so, ditto!
- Nick Fury: HALT!! My name is Nick Fury and this situation is under S.H.I.E.L.D. control!!
- Henry Gyrich: Yeah, uh-huh... Henry Gyrich, FBI!!!
- Nick Fury: We have the situation here, Henry. Send your farm boys home.
- Henry Gyrich: Fury, this is an FBI operation. So, no offense, you stand down.
- Nick Fury: Oh yeah?
- Henry Gyrich: Yeah! Fury, where's Doctor Octavius?
- Nick Fury: Who?
- Henry Gyrich: Doctor Otto Octavius?? Where is he?
- Nick Fury: Oh! Guy with the bowl cut and the metal arms?
- Henry Gyrich: Yes!
- Nick Fury: Well, I don't know. In jail, right?
- Henry Gyrich: Fury. This isn't
- Nick Fury: What is the situation?
- Henry Gyrich: I know you know.
- Nick Fury: Know what?
- Henry Gyrich: Stop it! What are you doing?
- Nick Fury: Defending the country. What are you doing?
- Henry Gyrich: Where's Octavius??!!
- Nick Fury: Wait a sec... Did you make a deal with Doctor Octopus to make super-soldier experiments behind my back and it all blew up in your face and now you're going to get fired and maybe indicted--
- Henry Gyrich: Is he in there?
- Nick Fury: You tell me.
- Doctor Octopus: If people insist on calling me Doctor Octopus...then Doctor Octopus I shall be!
- Various impacts rock the Baxter Building
- Thing: Oh, great. Now I have to reset the Tivo.
Issue 105 - Clone Saga: Epilogue
- Nick Fury: Where's Peter Parker?
- Ben Grimm: Who?
- Nick Fury: Kid, I'm this close to bringing you all up on charges.
- Ben Grimm Fury, why are ya treatin' this kid like he's the bad guy? Because he ain't!
- Nick Fury: No. He wasn't the bad guy. But he was the weapon of choice of the bad guy and that situation has not been contained.
- Ben Grimm: Yeah? And none of it was his fault. Ya have the mastermind behind it all. In fact, the kid beat 'im up and gave 'im to ya.
- Nick Fury: It's a situation and it needs to be contained.
- Mary Jane Watson: Fury, just stop. I mean just stop. You heard the big guy. None of this is Peter's fault. And you wanna know the strange part. He looks up to you. Y'know that? All your interference and he still finds a way to admire you. You wanna know why. Because he's like you. He wants to do his part, Director. To help save the world. Isn't that what you do? He wants a place on the Ultimates. And yet you'd punish him for it. You ask me? That's fucked up.
- Aunt May: Hi sweetie.....
- Peter Parker: I'm so glad you're okay.
- Aunt May: Hey. That costume... It'sss a terrible costume.
- Peter Parker: Welcome to the club.
- Jessica Drew: I need get some money.
- Peter Parker: Do me a favor, Jess? Please don't rob a bank. You'll make me look bad. Oh, uh, Aunt May knows I'm Spider-Man now.
- Jessica Drew: Is she okay?
- Peter Parker: She will be.
- Jessica Drew: Thank God.
- Peter Parker: Amen.
- Jessica Drew: Really. And MJ?
- Peter Parker: Dodged that bullet.
- Jessica Drew: Reed Richards is a pretty cool dude.
- Peter Parker: I'm with you there.
- Jessica Drew: And I think Sue Storm is hot.
- Peter Parker: Wait, say what no-
- Jessica Drew: Yeah, see ya, Pete.
- [Spider-Woman leaps off a building, web-swinging away]
- Peter Parker: Organic web shooter, huh? It's cool, but disgusting.
- Peter Parker: I love hospital food. I don't know why people are so down on it.
- Johnny Storm: Well, it it isn't the most popular superhero on the planet.
- Peter Parker: Yeah, what's up with that?
- Johnny Storm: Or is it a clone of the most popular super hero on the planet?
- Peter Parker: Johnny, please shut up...
- J. Jonah Jameson: Readership is falling in every newspaper in America, Urich! Newspapers across the country are folding up shop! And this ridiculous article is what you hand in?
- Ben Urich: Project Pegasus is a real thing, and it's not my fault readership is down in every paper in America, Jonah.
- J. Jonah Jameson: Yes, it is, Ben.
- Ben Urich: Is it?
- J. Jonah Jameson: I am saying it is.
The Talk (issue 111)
Peter: You'd need to be a genius doctor of particle physics to even know the terms that describe what was happening and how they defied all those laws and terms
Peter: ... But then there was this nice, terrified lab assistant under the tables who kept yelling things like: 'Frank please...it was accident'.
Aunt May: Peter. I love you. You are my son. In my wildest dreams I couldn't even imagine that you would have grown up to be this good of a person. You are the best parts of your father, your mother, and my Ben... all rolled up into one amazing young man.
Peter: An Amazing Spider-Man.
Death of a Goblin
- Norman Osborn: [monologuing to himself] I hope you're happy, Nicholas
- Peter's teacher: Flash and Liz. Mazel tov, it's a boy . Kenny and Izzy.
- Kenny: But we're both dudes
- Peter's teacher: If you say so.
- Carol Danvers: You might have missed this part of the coversation, but... [Nick] Fury ain't here
[Harry Osborn has just been murdered by his own father, who was shot dead by Director Danvers mere seconds ago]
- Carol Danvers: [gently] I'm sorry for all this... [Spidey furiously lunges at her, gripping her chestplate] Wait, HEY!
- Spider-Man: [trembling in fury] Do you see what you've done!? You just couldn't let well enough alone, could you Director?!
- Carol Danvers: Parker! You're acting like I pulled the trigger!
- Spider-Man: You might as have! Harry was my best friend, and I lost him because of SHIELD butting into my life! You knew what a monster Osborn was, and yet you poked him like a rabid dog, and you lured him in with Harry on a fishhook. You let Osborn kill him, dammit! It is your fault! He was doing fine until you dragged him back into this godforsaken mess! Harry Osborn's blood is on your hands! Own that, Danvers! I didn't like it when Fury interfered with my life, but at least he didn't get the people I care about purposely killed! Do me a huge favor, and stay the hell out of my life! Before you kill someone else I love! Could you do me that one favor? Please?
- Carol Danvers: [shamefully] Of course...
- Spider-Man: [sorrowfully] Thanks... [wordlessly swings off]
The Worst Day in Peter Parker's Life
- Shocker: Let me be the one that tells you, kid. This is what happened when you try to make your dreams a reality. These rich, greedy, no good assholes will reach up behind you and steal it all! And not in that cliche way from the cartoons. I'm talking in a nasty, evil kind of way that doesn't seem human. That will haunt you for the rest of your life.
War of the Symbiotes
- Chen: Mister Brock, can we have a word?
- [Eddie Brock then turns into Venom]
- Venom: How about we have you for dinner?
- [Wild Pack begins firing at Venom]
- Chen: No thanks, I'm pretty sure I'd give you indigestion.
- Peter Parker: Tell me you didn't come here like this??
- Nick Fury: Kid.
- Peter: What? You think because you're the great Nick Fury, top cop of the world, you can just come here where I work??
- Nick Fury: Uh, yeah?
- Peter: 'Aight.
- [After Peter was told to stay off investigating the Beetle by Nick Fury]
- SHIELD pilot: General, do you think he'll behave?
- Nick Fury: Nope.
- SHIELD pilot: So you want him to get himself involved in this and told him not to because you knew he would do the complete opposite?
- [Nick is smirking]
- Nick Fury: Exactly. Because knowing Peter Parker, that's exactly what he'd do.
- [Bolivar Trask on keeping Venom in high security]
- Bolivar Trask: Well, I've seen the end of King Kong, so I'm going to leave and let you do what you have to do.
- Adrian Toomes: We'll get what we need as soon as possible. I'll call with updates.
- Bolivar Trask: Do that.
- May Parker: I fall asleep in front of the TV, wake, see an honest-to-goodness monster was running up and down Fifth Avenue. And I have to worry about you all day?? I ask so little...please don't drive me insane, son.
- Peter Parker: I can't make any promises.
- [After the Green Goblin cause an explosion to the Triskelion.]
- Curt Conners: What happened?
- Tony Stark: Something Bad.
- Curt Conners: Aren't you--I thought you were Iron Man, I thought you were a superhero...
- Tony Stark: Yeah, funny thing about that, that only works if I'm actually wearing armor.
Annual 1 - More Than You Bargained For
- Spider-Man: Great, the army has shown up... for me to save.
- [Peter is reading an Internet messageboard, just after taking out the Rhino]
- Text: This makes me h8 Spider-Man even more. So the Army is there to take care of whatever this is but smug Spider feels he needs to stick his ugly nose into it. What an arrogant wad! The Army is there fatso!!!! Wo don't need you!!! Who asked you!??? My uncle thinks that Spider-Man is a disfigured freak and that is why he wears a mask. And he looks fat lately.
- Peter Parker: 'Fat'?
- Peter Parker: (Thinking) I'm the loser of the school. I can't believe it. I'm the loser. It's me. I'm the one that doesn't fit in. What if I stood up and told them I was Spider-Man. The Spider-Man! The actual Spider-Man. I saved the school from the Green Goblin. I've met Captain America. They made a movie about me and you all went to see it!! (Even though I didn't get a dime from it.)
- [Shadowcat is romantically interested in Spider-Man, who is single.]
- Kitty Pryde: So can you not date anyone? Is that what you were saying before?
- Peter Parker: I--I dunno, Kitty. Because, as Batman once said, "If my enemies found out I had someone special, they wouldn't rest until they got me through her". It's sort of Rule Number One of being a superhero.
- Kitty Pryde: And what if, hypothetically, this someone special was born a mutant, and had phasing powers and could look after herself?
- [Kitty is taken aback by her own words and literally sinks through the ground. Then she musters the strength to phase back up.]
- Kitty Pryde: That was lame. Like, I shouldn't have said that. I kind of had a freakout.
- Peter Parker: You actually made a valid argument.
- Kitty Pryde: Soo, what do you think?
- Peter Parker: I think, maybe we could give it a try.
- [Kitty has phased through Shocker's weapons, breaking them]
- Kitty Pryde: Whatever you do... Don't look behind you
- [Spider-Man is on the wall behind the Shocker]
- Spider-Man: Hiya, Shultz.
- Shocker: AAAAAHHHHH!!!
- [Shocker flees, and runs straight into a web]
- [Daredevil & Spider-Man are pinned against a wall avoiding The Punisher's gunfire]
- Spider-Man: So...you sew your own uniform, or do you
- Daredevil: How about less talking, more fighting, kid?
- Spider-Man: Fuddy Duddy.
- Spider-Man: Hey, Moonbeam, I missed you too!
- Spider-Man: Yay, people of actual authority!
- Spider-Man: Mysterio... is his name?
- Captain Frank Quaid: We got to calling him that. We have another name for him but I'm pretty sure you're under age.
- [Mysterio holding Spider-Man by the neck]
- Mysterio: Sorry, wall-crawler, I'll take you on when I'm ready. And I'm not ready yet!!
- Captain Frank Quaid: Did you get a good look at him?
- Spider-Man: I'd know him if I saw him again.
- Captain Frank Quaid: Really?
- Spider-Man: Guy with a cloud for a head? Sure.
- Captain Frank Quaid: Great.