Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yet another user page for Tartarugafechada. So many quotations to source, so little time ...
words, words, and more words
- [H]is greatest ambition was to produce a work consisting entirely of quotations.
- Philosophy makes progress not by becoming more rigorous but by becoming more imaginative.
- Richard Rorty, Introduction to Truth and Progress: Philosophical Papers, Volume 3 (1998)
- Until the lions produce their own historian, the story of the hunt will glorify only the hunter.
- Chinua Achebe, Home and Exile (2000).
- Me don't like fighting, but me don't like wicked either.
- Bob Marley in the liner notes to Songs of Freedom (1999).
- One ridicules in order to forget.
- Mikhail Bakhtin, Dialogic Imagination (Essay 1: "Epic and Novel").
- "I wish your revolt well, my friend," said Bakhtin, "but beware that you don't end up merely repeating the same old story. The state abhors only one thing in the end, and that's the sound of laughter. Violence it can understand."