User talk:Rambo (usurped)
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- Also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Hi, just to let you know, I've reverted your change on the Matrix article. Don't worry: there is nothing wrong with adding quotes (i.e., what you did wasn't vandalism), but Wikiquote has recently strongly implemented copyright protections, see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations and Wikiquote:Copyright. If you see the note on the Matrix talk page (or hidden in the article's script), the article already has its maximum permissible number of quotes (maximum 15 for that movie, based on its length). If you'd like to add a quote, you have to remove a quote that is already there; please see Wikiquote:Quotability on how to decide how do this. Also note that switching quotes requires special consideration (see the Matrix talk and Quotability, linked above), especially dialogue, as it often doesn't fit within our "quotability" guidelines. Thanks for your contributions!
- I posit that "Dodge this" was particularly significant in terms of external pop-culture / parody significance after the release of the film, and the dialogue you added isn't understandable without the context of the movie. (I know that "Dodge this" isn't really either, but it passes the bar otherwise, because of its exherent significance). I'll leave it nonetheless, as it appears some of my other judgments with respect to the interpretation and application of Wikiquote's rules to that particular article weren't "up-to-par," and were changed by an admin.
Hi Rambo, I'm currently an administrator over at en.wiki but due to technical limitations require the account name Rambo to perform some functions. I noticed you haven't had any recent activity on this project, so if you are no longer using your account and don't care to have it, I would love to be able to unify my log-ins by using the account name Rambo. Of course, if you are using the account, that's fine I'll continue with my current account. If you have an opinion either way, could you let me know here? Thanks, Rambo's Revenge 23:09, 30 March 2010 (UTC)