We Need to Talk About Kevin (film)
We Need to Talk About Kevin is a 2011 film about a mother who struggles to love her strange child, despite the increasingly dangerous things he says and does as he grows up. But Kevin is just getting started, and his final act will be beyond anything anyone imagined.
- Directed by Lynne Ramsay. Written by Lynne Ramsay and Rory Stewart Kinnear, based on the novel by Lionel Shriver.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [Eva walks into the dining room, pleased to see that Kevin has changed into clothes more appropriate for his age, but then he turns around with a humorless grin and her mouth drops open in disgust when she sees that he is gnawing on a whole chicken, getting it all over his face]
- Eva: We're going to dinner.
- Kevin: I was hungry. I'm a growing boy, you know.
- Eva: Why would you have something like that?
- Kevin: I collect them.
- Eva: Isn't that a weird thing to collect?
- Kevin: I don't like stamps.
- Eva: But, what's the point?
- Kevin: There is no point. That's the point.
- Franklin: So, Kev, erm... Mom had something that she wanted to tell you.
- Eva: [looks appalled and despite her efforts she finds that this time, she is unable to fake any sort of love towards Kevin] I wanted to... thank you for calling the ambulance.
- Kevin: Hmm.
- Franklin: ...And?
- Eva: And... I was concerned... that you might be feeling responsible.
- Kevin: Why's that?
- Eva: [on the verge of snapping] Because you were SUPPOSED to be looking after her!
- Franklin: We just don't want you to blame yourself.
- Kevin: No, I don't... I mean I... I never said I did.
- Eva: She's going to need a glass eye, Kevin.
- Franklin: So, we would appreciate you looking out for her. Any name-calling--
- Kevin: [peeling a lychee] You don't really remember being a kid much, do you, Dad? Celia's just gonna have to suck it up.
- Eva: I thought you didn't like those.
- Kevin: Yeah, well, they're uh... What do you call it? [eats a lychee to his mouth] An acquired taste.
- [Eva storms out of the table while Kevin is still eating the lychee]
- Tilda Swinton - Eva Khatchadourian
- John C. Reilly - Franklin Plaskett
- Ezra Miller - Kevin Khatchadourian
- Jasper Newell - young Kevin
- Rocky Duer - infant Kevin
- Ashley Gerasimovich - Celia Khatchadourian
- Siobhan Fallon Hogan - Wanda
- Alex Manette - Colin