What's Up, Tiger Lily?
What's Up, Tiger Lily? is the first film directed by Woody Allen, who also wrote the script and appeared in the 1966 comedy, which utilized clips from Kokusai himitsu keisatsu: Kagi no kagi (International Secret Police : Key of Keys), a 1965 Japanese spy film. Instead of translating the film, Allen added completely original dialogue that had nothing to do with the plot of the original Japanese film. By putting in new scenes and rearranging the order of existing scenes, he completely changed the tone of the film from a James Bond clone into a comedy about a secret egg salad recipe.
- Saracen pig! Spartan dog! Take this! And this! Roman cow! Russian snake! Spanish fly! Anglo-Saxon Hun!
- I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.
- Wing Fat: Don't tell me what I can do, or I'll have my mustache eat your beard.
- Shepard Wong: I didn't order any fumigation! It's Wing Fool, you fat! I mean... it's Wing Fat, you fool!
- High Macha Of Rashpur: Good afternoon. I am the Grand Exalted High Macha of Raspur, a non-existent but real-sounding country.
- Phil Moscowitz: Uh-huh.
- High Macha Of Rashpur: Yes. We're on a waiting list. As soon as there's an opening on the map, we're next.
- High Macha Of Rashpur: [displaying a printed floor plan] This is Shepherd Wong's home.
- Phil Moscowitz: He lives in that piece of paper?
- High Macha Of Rashpur: No, you idiot. He's got a regular house!
- Suki Yaki: I'm such a great piece!
- Teri Yaki: I wish Phil would get here. It's getting awfully late.
- Suki Yaki: [Running to answer a knock at the door] It's Phil, bringing the promise of joy and fulfillment in its most primitive form!
- Teri Yaki: I hope he brought the vibrator.