What Lies Beneath
What Lies Beneath is a 2000 American supernatural horror-thriller film directed by Robert Zemeckis. It stars Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer as a well-to-do couple who experience a strange haunting that uncovers secrets about their past.
Some men cheat and get caught. Some men pay a higher price.They have the perfect marriage and the perfect house, until she found out what was wrong.
- You stole the dead woman's shoe?
- Are we hoping the ghost is going to have to use the potty?
- [showing off her new convertible] It's a beautiful thing, alimony. You lose a husband, you get a car. Think it'll help me pick up dudes?
- I have one in the trunk!
- [later] Pick up any dudes yet?
- Hello, Dr. Spencer.
- No, no I'm not.
- You had an affair with a girl who threatened to kill herself, and now there is a presence in our house. A young, blonde girl. Don't you get it? She did it, Norman. She's dead... and now she's trying to hurt you... or both of us.
- There's a ghost in my house. I saw her in the water, beside me, in the baththub.
- She looks like me. Oh... only she had green eyes.
- Oh, great! "Could you check in on my wife? She's hearing voices!" Yeah, wait until that gets around.
- Norman, this isn't about you! Something is happening to me. And it's... it's not to get even, and it's not some warped bid for attention. Something is happening in our house, whether you like it or not!
- You're not yourself today, are you?
- I'm going to have the police check on the house while I'm gone.
- The first time I met you, all I wanted was to spend the rest of my life with you. [shakes head] Not going to happen now.
- What does she look like?
- Harrison Ford as Dr. Norman Spencer
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Claire Spencer
- Diana Scarwid as Jody
- Miranda Otto as Mary Feur
- James Remar as Warren Feur
- Katherine Towne as Caitlin Spencer
- Wendy Crewson as Elena
- Amber Valletta as Madison Elizabeth Frank
- Ray Baker as Dr. Stan Powell