Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a summary of Wikiquote issues which are discussed on various pages.
Please discuss these issues on the appropriate page.
- Sub-themes - whether theme pages should be broken up into headings for each sub-theme.
- Counting quotations - how we can count the number of quotations in the site.
- Aims - what Wikiquote should strive for (authenticity).
- What Wikiquote is not - what doesn't belong in Wikiquote (lots of things).
- Template - how the quotations in Wikiquote should ideally be formatted (quotes by people, Proverbs, Quotes from literary works, Themes, References to People in WikiQuote from Wikipedia, and References to Literary Works in WikiQuote from Wikipedia).
- Anonymous - what to do with quotes where the author is unknown (use Anonymous).
- Naming conventions - conventions for entry names (same as Wikipedia).
- Themes - whether or not we should have theme pages (yes).
- Spellings - whether British or American spellings would be used (depends on author).
- Accents - whether we should have accents in page titles. (yes)
- Emphasis - whether or not we should add emphasis to quotations. (Emphasis should be allowed; debates can occur on an incidental basis)
- Translations - what to do with pages that contain one quote and several dozen translations into other languages. (Where these are encountered the excessive translations can be removed)
- Themebot - whether we should have an automatic theme generator. (abandoned concept)
- Logo - what the Wikiquote logo should be. (has been chosen)