Wild, Wild West
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
The Wild Wild West is an American television series that ran on CBS for four seasons (104 episodes) from September 17, 1965 to April 4, 1969. Developed at a time when the television western was losing ground to the spy genre, this show was conceived by its creator, Michael Garrison, as "James Bond on horseback." It was one of the first television series which could be described as a science fiction Western.
The Night of the Whirring Death
- Artemus: [pointing to a young lady peddling toys for charity] Since when are you interested in, uh, toys?
- Jim West: Toys, no. Dolls, yes.
The Night of the Bars of Hell
- Artemus: [dressed as a preacher] And now for a little song that I wrote myself, entitled, 'Never Make Friends With the Devil, Brother; His Pitchfork Will Get You in the End.'
The Night of the Simian Terror
- Artemus: What’s that, another gadget? What happens when you twist that?
- [sound of chain being ripped from mortar]
- Artemus: I see... it comes out of the wall.
The Night of the Eccentrics
- Artemus: [when organizing a duel] If I may make a suggestion... You're a Count. So why don't you count?
The Night of the Avaricious Actuary
- Taney: ... The devil!
- Artemus: No, sir. Secret service.'
The Wild Wild West Revisted
- Artemus: Every one towered over your father.
- Migelalo Loveless Jr: ..That was only because he was short.