Jump to navigation Jump to search
Winston Raymond Peters (born April 11, 1945) is a New Zealand politician and then was a Minister. He is also the leader of the New Zealand First political party, which had lost its place in Parliament narrowly in the 2008 general election.
- We have now reached the point where you can wander down Queen Street in Auckland and wonder if you are still in New Zealand or some other country.
- 2005 speech on immigration policy, entitled "Securing Our Borders and Protecting Our Identity."'[specific citation needed]
- We are being colonised without New Zealanders having some say in the numbers of people coming in and where they are coming from. This is a deliberate policy of ethnic engineering and re-population.
- 2005 speech on immigration policy, entitled "Securing Our Borders and Protecting Our Identity."[specific citation needed]
- I'm putting it to you and to all of my critics, if you can find any Asian leader in any Asian country of whatever political persuasion who doesn't subscribe to the immigration views of New Zealand First, then name that person now. None of you can, all the way to Turkey.
- A corporate raid on a country is not foreign investment. It's just a corporate raid. A corporate raid doesn't expand our wealth, our employment, our exports, is not advantageous to most economies and most economies understand that. In New Zealand we did not. Everything that came from overseas was regarded as foreign investment, when, in fact, it was often a downsizing of the operation, a break-up of the operation and a mass of sackings.