Wishmaster is a 1997 horror film about a Djinn that is released from a jewel and seeks to capture the soul of the woman who discovered him, thereby opening a portal and freeing his fellow Djinn to inhabit the earth.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Once, in a time before time, God breathed life into the universe. And the light gave birth to Angels. And the earth gave birth to Man. And the fire gave birth to the Djinn, creatures condemned to dwell in the void between the worlds. One who wakes a Djinn will be given three wishes. Upon the granting of the third, the unholy legions of the Djinn will be freed to rule the earth. Fear one thing in all there is...fear the Djinn.
The Djinn/Nathaniel Demerest
- Run, insect. Run and tell those you will, what you will. Tell them there is something loose in their city which feeds on wishes. But tell them quickly, while you still have a soul.
- I claim that which is owed.
- [Alexandra wishes Nathaniel to blow his brains out, and he does so by shooting himself in the head therefore spilling his brains into the air. The wound quickly heals and Nathaniel is unharmed.] That of which is eternal cannot die. But if its any conselation sweet Alexandra; that hurt like hell.
- [Nathaniel provokes a man into wishing he could "escape", and the man suddenly appears in a straitjacket inside a steel-and-glass box filled with water] Houdini did it in two and a half minutes.
- So, how do you like me so far?
- Alexandra: A djinn? A genie?
- Wendy: Now hold on a minute. Forget what our culture has made of the Djinn. Forget Barbara Eden. Forget Robin Williams. To the people of ancient Arabia, the Djinn was neither cute not funny. It was something else entirely. It was the face of fear itself.
- The Djinn as Nathaniel Demerest: Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to have unlimited power, and only be able to use it when some worm asks you for something?
- Merritt's Guard: No, I can't say that I do. I can't say that I give a shit, either.
- Beaumont: My God!
- The Djinn: Not yet, human. Soon... very soon I will be.
- Be careful what you wish for.
- Don't make a sound, don't make a move, and above all else...don't make a wish.
- Your next wish could be your last...