Jump to navigation Jump to search
Be careful what you wish for.(taglines)
Wishmaster is a 1997 horror film about a Djinn that is released from a jewel and seeks to capture the soul of the woman who discovered him, thereby opening a portal and freeing his fellow Djinn to inhabit the earth.
- Once, in a time before time, God breathed life into the universe. And the light gave birth to Angels. And the earth gave birth to Man. And the fire gave birth to the Djinn, creatures condemned to dwell in the void between the worlds. One who wakes a Djinn will be given three wishes. Upon the granting of the third, the unholy legions of the Djinn will be freed to rule the earth. Fear one thing in all there is...fear the Djinn.
The Djinn/Nathaniel Demerest
- Run, insect. Run and tell those you will, what you will. Tell them there is something loose in their city which feeds on wishes. But tell them quickly, while you still have a soul.
- I claim that which is owed.
- [Alexandra wishes Nathaniel to blow his brains out, and he does so by shooting himself in the head therefore spilling his brains into the air. The wound quickly heals and Nathaniel is unharmed.] That of which is eternal cannot die. But if it's any consolation sweet Alexandra, that hurt like hell.
- [Nathaniel provokes a man into wishing he could "escape", and the man suddenly appears in a straitjacket inside a steel-and-glass box filled with water] Houdini did it in two and a half minutes.
- So, how do you like me so far?
- Alexandra: A djinn? A genie?
- Wendy: Now hold on a minute. Forget what our culture has made of the Djinn. Forget Barbara Eden. Forget Robin Williams. To the people of ancient Arabia, the Djinn was neither cute nor funny. It was something else entirely. It was the face of fear itself.
- The Djinn as Nathaniel Demerest: Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to have unlimited power, and only be able to use it when some worm asks you for something?
- Merritt's Guard: No, I can't say that I do. I can't say that I give a shit, either.
- Alexandra: Where's Wendy?
- The Djinn: Bedroom. But I wouldn't go in there if I were you. Messy. I needed her face.
- Alexandra: You killed her.
- The Djinn: Actually, I can't kill anyone. Not unless they wish me to. Your research should have told you that.
- Alexandra: She didn't wish to be dead, you lying sack of shit!
- The Djinn: I showed her my true face. Her reaction wasn't very flattering. As a matter of fact, she got downright hysterical! I merely asked if she wished to be released from her fear. You're a dangerous person to know, Alexandra. Your scientist friend, your boss, the policeman, Wendy. By the by-where is that tasty little sister of yours today? [licks upper lip slowly]
- Beaumont: My God!
- The Djinn: Not yet, human. Soon... very soon I will be.
- Alexandra: What happens if I wished you dead?
- The Djinn: Why, how remarkably original of you, Alexandra. I'll tell you what. I'll give you one free wish. A sample. Just to get you in the spirit of the game.
- Alexandra: All right. I want you to destroy yourself. Blow your brains out. Right now
- The Djinn: Very well.
- [He picks up a gun, presses it under his chin, and pulls the trigger, blowing off the top of his head.]
- The Djinn: [wound heals instantly, surprising Alexandra] That which is eternal cannot die. But if it's any consolation sweet Alex, THAT HURT LIKE HELL!
- Wendy: [referring to Raymond Beaumont] What an insufferable prick that man is. Still, it's not your problem. Unless, of course, you're stupid enough to be working for him.
- Alexandra: [shaking her head] No.
- Wendy: Or sleeping with him.
- Alexandra: [slightly disgusted] No.
- Wendy: Oh good. Well, that establishes your discerning good taste. [turns her attention to something else, then addresses Alex without looking at her] Uh-huh. What can I do for you?
- Alexandra: [assertively] Absolutely nothing at all until I can get your full attention.
- Wendy: [turns and stares at her, Alex stares right back] I like you.
- Be careful what you wish for.
- Don't make a sound, don't make a move, and above all else...don't make a wish.
- Your next wish could be your last...
- Tammy Lauren - Alexandra Amberson
- Andrew Divoff - The Djinn/Nathaniel Demerest
- Wendy Benson - Shannon Amberson
- Jenny O'Hara - Wendy Derleth
- Robert Englund - Raymond Beaumont