Yitzhak Shamir (Hebrew יִצְחָק שָׁמִיר) (born Yitzhak Yezernitsky; October 22, 1915 – June 30, 2012) was an Israeli politician and the seventh Prime Minister of Israel, serving two terms, 1983–84 and 1986–1992. Before the establishment of the state of Israel, Shamir was a leader of the Zionist militant group Lehi. After the establishment of the Israeli state he served in the Mossad between 1955 and 1965 and as a Knesset Member. He served as the 6th Speaker of the Knesset and as Foreign Affairs Minister.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The sea is the same sea, and the Arabs are the same Arabs.
- Shamir used this phrase in 1996, following the Oslo accords ("It's Inconceivable" by Rafi Mann)
- For the land of Israel - it is allowed to lie
- Our image has undergone change from David fighting Goliath to being Goliath.
- Daily Telegraph London, (25 January, 1989).