Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- 1 Barty Crouch Jr.
- 2 Albus Dumbledore
- 3 Harry Potter
- 4 Merpeople
- 5 Ron Weasley
- 6 Sirius Black
- 7 Lord Voldemort
- 8 Bellatrix Lestrange
- 9 Rubeus Hagrid
- 10 Narrator
- 11 Others
- 12 Dialogue
- 13 External links
Barty Crouch Jr.
- (as Mad-Eye) CONSTANT VIGILANCE!
- (as Mad-Eye) You need preparing. You need arming. But most of all, you need constant, never ceasing vigilance (p. 217).
- (as Mad-Eye) 'Course Dumbledore trusts you. He's a trusting man, isn't he? Believes in second chances. But me—I say there are spots that don't come off, Snape. Spots that never come off, d'you know what I mean? (p. 472)
- (as Mad-Eye) "Pajama party is it?"
- (as Mad-Eye) 'Not nice,' he said calmly. 'Not pleasant. And there's no counter-curse. There's no blocking it. Only one known person has ever survived it, and he's sitting in this room.'
- "I killed my father."
- Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.
- Really, Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time.
- My own brother, Aberforth, was prosecuted for practicing inappropriate charms on a goat. It was all over the papers, but did Aberforth hide? No, he did not! He held his head high and went about his business as usual! Of course, I'm not entirely sure he can read, so that may not have been bravery...
- Oh, I would never dream of assuming I know all Hogwarts' secrets, Igor. Only this morning, for instance, I took a wrong turn on the way to the bathroom and found myself in a beautifully proportioned room I had never seen before, containing a really rather magnificent collection of chamberpots. When I went back to investigate more closely, I discovered that the room had vanished. But I must keep an eye out for it. Possibly it is only accessible at five thirty in the morning. Or it may only appear at the quarter moon - or when the seeker has an exceptionally full bladder.
- You are blinded (...) by the love of the office you hold, Cornelius! You place too much importance, and you have always done, on the so-called purity of blood! You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow up to be!
- Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.
- If I thought I could help you by putting you into an enchanted sleep and allowing you to postpone the moment when you would have to think about what has happened tonight, I would do it. But I know better. Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it. You have shown bravery beyond anything I could have expected of you. I ask you to demonstrate your courage one more time. I ask you to tell us what happened (p. 695).
- Listen, if you [Fred and George] don't take it [the gold], I'm throwing it down the drain. I don't want it and I don't need it. But I could do with a few laughs. We could all do with a few laughs. I've got a feeling we're going to need them more than usual before long(p. 733).
- "He said my blood would male him stronger than if he's used someone else's," Harry told Dumbledore. "He said the protection my - my mother left me - he'd have it, too. And he was right - he could touch me without hurting himself, he touched my face."
For a fleeting instant, Harry thought he saw a gleam of something like triumph in Dumbledore's eyes. But next second, Harry was sure he had imagined it, for when Dumbledore had returned to his seat behind the desk, he looked as old and weary as Harry had ever seen him. (p. 604)
- Come seek us where our voices sound / We cannot sing above the ground/ And while you're searching ponder this / We've taken what you'll sorely miss / An hour long you'll have to look / And to recover what we took / But past an hour the prospect's black / Too late it's gone it won't come back
- Come seek us where our voices sound / We cannot sing above the ground/ An hour long you'll have to look / To recover what we took
- An hour long you'll have to look / And to recover what we took / Your times half-gone, so tarry not / Lest what you seek stays here to rot
- Wild! I can make that old bloke down there pick his nose again... and again... and again...
- Draco Malfoy, The Amazing, Bouncing Ferret...
- There you go, Harry! You weren't being thick after all; you were just showing moral fiber!
- Right little ray of sunshine, aren't you? You and Professor Trelawney should get together sometime.
- Yeah, well, Percy wouldn't want to work for anyone with a sense of humour, would he? Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy.
- (Making up his Divination homework) "Next Monday, I am likely to develop a cough, owing to the unlucky conjunction of Mars and Jupiter. You know her [Professor Trelawney] - just put in loads of misery, she'll lap it up."
- (about his owl, Pigwidgeon) I've got to keep him up here [in Ron's room] because he annoys Errol and Hermes. He annoys me, too, come to that.
- If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
- He(Crouch) was the one who gave the order for me to be sent to Azkaban - without a trial.
- Imagine that Voldemort's powerful now. You don't know who his supporters are, you don't know who's working for him and who isn't; you know he can control people so that they do terrible things without being able to stop themselves. You're scared for yourself, and your family, and your friends. Every week, news comes of more deaths, more disappearances, more torturing...the Ministry of Magic's in disarray, they don't know what to do, they're trying to keep everything hidden from the Muggles, but meanwhile, Muggles are dying too. Terror everywhere...panic...confusion...that's how it used to be.
- Invite him inside, Wormtail. Where are your manners?
- The other arm, Wormtail.
- Come out, Harry... come out and play, then... it will be quick... it might even be painless... I would not know... I have never died....
- Kill the spare.
- Do not lie to Lord Voldemort, for he knows...he always knows...
- The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!
- What's comin' will come, and we'll meet it when it does.
- [In reference to Harry's noticing his hair combed] As a matter of fact, I have. Might consider doing the same thing now and again yourself.
- "Mrs Weasley set the potion down on the bedside cabinet, bent down, and put her arms around Harry. He had no memory of ever being hugged like this, as though by a mother".
- It was Voldemort, Harry thought, staring up at the canopy of his bed in the darkness, it all came back to Voldemort....He was the one who had torn these families apart, who had ruined all these lives....
- The villagers of Little Hangleton still called it 'the Riddle House', even though it had been many years since the Riddle family had lived there.
- And that, boys, is why you should never go for looks alone.
- He can't be back, Dumbledore, he just can't be.…
- Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive. Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?
[After hearing Harry open the egg]
- I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing. Maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harry.
- Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!
Flesh of the servant, w-willingly given, you will revive your m-master!
Blood...of the enemy...forcibly taken...you will resurrect your foe.
[In an argument with another Wizard at the Quidditch World Cup about his Muggle dress]
- I'm not putting them on, I like a healthy breeze 'round my privates, thanks.
[In astonishment of his Christmas present from Harry]
- Socks are Dobby's favorite, favorite clothes, sir! I has seven now, sir. . . . But sir ...they has made a mistake in the shop, Harry Potter, they is giving you two the same!
- Ron's voice now joined the others'.
Ron: What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?
Fred: Oh, no, Ron, no, this is exactly where we wanted to end up.
George: Yeah, we're having the time of our lives here.
Said George, whose voice sounded muffled, as though he was squashed against the wall.
- "They run off eckeltricity, do they?" he said knowledgeably. "Ah, yes, I can see the plugs. I collect plugs," he added to Uncle Vernon. "And batteries. Got a very large collection of batteries. My wife thinks I'm mad, but there you are."
- Harry: What are you working on?
Percy: (smugly) A report for the Department of International Magical Co-operation. We're trying to standardise cauldron thickness. Some of these foreign imports are just a shade too thin-leakages have been increasing at a rate of almost three per cent a year-
Ron: That'll change the world, that report will. Front page of the Daily Prophet, I expect, cauldron leaks.
- Harry: (about Ron's owl) Er-why are you calling that owl Pig?
Ginny: Because he's being stupid. Its proper name is Pigwidgeon.
Ron: (sarcastically) Yeah, and that's not a stupid name at all.
- Percy Weasley: That [dragon dung] was a sample of fertilizer from Norway! It was nothing personal!
Fred: [Aside]It was. We sent it.
- Harry Potter: Wangoballwime?
Cho Chang: Sorry?
- Hermione: Well, if you don't like it, you know what the solution is, don't you?
Her hair was coming down out of its elegant bun now, and her face was screwed up in anger.
Ron: Oh yeah? What's that?
Hermione: Next time there's a ball, ask me before someone else does, and not as a last resort!
Ron mouthed silently like a goldfish out of water as Hermione turned on her heel and stormed up the girls' staircase to bed.
- Ron: Hermione, Neville's right - you are a girl...
Hermione: Oh, well spotted.
- Ron: I'm never wearing them, Never.
Mrs. Weasley: Fine, Go naked. And, Harry, make sure you get a picture of him. Goodness knows I could do with a laugh.
- Hermoine: Not going to have a very good month, are you?
Ron: Ah well, at least I'm forewarned.
Hermione: You seem to be drowning twice.
Ron: Oh am I? I'd better change one of them to getting trampled by a rampaging hippogriff.
- Lavender Brown: Oh Professor, look! I think I've got an unaspected planet! Oooh, which one's that, Professor?
Professor Trelawney: It is Uranus, my dear.
Ron Weasley: Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?
|Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||book||Part 1 film - Part 2 film|