ALF is an American science fiction sitcom that aired on NBC from September 22, 1986 to March 24, 1990. It was the first television series to be presented in Dolby Surround.
The title character is Gordon Shumway, a friendly extraterrestrial nicknamed ALF (an acronym for Alien Life Form), who crash lands in the garage of the suburban middle-class Tanner family. The series stars Max Wright as father Willie Tanner, Anne Schedeen as mother Kate Tanner, and Andrea Elson and Benji Gregory as their children, Lynn and Brian Tanner. ALF was performed by puppeteer/creator Paul Fusco.
Produced by Alien Productions, ALF originally ran for four seasons and produced 99 episodes, including three one-hour episodes which were divided into two parts for syndication totaling 102 episodes.
(At the end of the hearing, ALF reveals his own gavel.)
- ALF: This hearing is impaired.
- Colonel: Project ALF is about to be terminated. Not just the project, but the ALF.
- Rick Mullican: We're on our way to Mardi Gras, thus the costumes.
- Bouncer: What Mardi Gras?
- ALF: What costumes?
- Rick Mullican: The ones we're wearing.
- ALF: (looks at himself again) What costumes?
- Motel manager: You're not from around here, are you?
- ALF: Minnesota.
- Motel manager: Somehow I thought it'd be farther than that.
- ALF: Uh, Michigan.
- Motel manager: Ah, yeah, the wolverine state.
- Melissa Hill: ALF, hide in the bathroom.
- ALF: It's been a long time since those words were uttered.
- Rick Mullican: ALF, you have a choice. Your money or your life.
- Melissa Hill: Well, ALF?
- ALF: I'm thinking, I'm thinking.
- ALF: (ALF is strapped into an electric chair) I take it this isn't the word association test.
- Dr. Warner: No, no. We're going to conduct a different test.
- ALF: I'm not sure I like the word 'conduct'.
- Dr. Warner: (after ALF looks at a High Voltage sign) Oh, pay no attention to that sign, it shouldn't even be there. I'll remove it if it bothers you.
- ALF: It bothers me.
(Warner gets electrocuted when trying to remove the sign and falls over)
- ALF: (as Warner begins to sizzle on the floor) Medic. Medic.
(some time after Dr. Warner was electrocuted)
- Dr. Newman: Hello, ALF, I'm Dr. Newman.
- ALF: No need to ask who you're replacing.
- Dr. Newman: We're going to try a little game called numeric sequencing.
- ALF: Does involve electric shock?
- Dr. Newman: Absolutely not.
- ALF: Forgive me if I'm still paranoid, there's still a silhouette burned into the linoleum.
(the military is playing a video of one of the tests done on ALF)
- ALF: This one is definitely the Pepsi.
(Mullican and Hill have kidnapped ALF and put him in a mail bag)
- Dr. Mullican: Don't look now, the mail's awake.
- ALF: What's going on? Oh, wait, now I remember, I'm being kidnapped by humans. There's a switch.
- Military Researcher: Good morning. I'm Dr. Carnage.
- ALF: Yikes.
- Military Researcher: Yikes yourself.
- Dr. Mockton: Hello, I'm Mockton. I'm going to show you some inkblots.
- ALF: Does this involve electric shock?
- Dr. Mockton: Let's not start that again.
- Dr. Stanley: Let's try some word association. I'll say a word and you say whatever pops into your mind.
- ALF: Food.
- Dr. Stanley: I haven't said anything yet.
- ALF: Nothing interesting, at least.
- Dr. Stanley: Sit.
- ALF: I am sitting.
- Dr. Stanley: No, that's the first word: sit.
- ALF: Oh, um... food.
- Dr. Stanley: Sunrise.
- ALF: Breakfast.
- Dr. Stanley: Square.
- ALF: Meal.
- Dr. Stanley: Left.
- ALF: Overs.
- Dr. Stanley: Should we stop and get you something to eat.
- ALF: I could use a little snack.
- ALF: I'm a bit curious about the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy here in the military.
- Dr. Carnage: What about it?
- ALF: Well it assume it's worked to you advantage.
- Dr. Carnage: (to the camera) Stop the tape.
(after watching footage of ALF in a crash test)
- Maj. Melissa Hill: That crash test is the perfect example of the cruel and inhumane punishment Alf has been subjected to, Mr. Chairmen.
- Col. Gilbert Milfoil: He had an airbag, it just didn't work.
- ALF: (Rick is angrily venting his contempt for Dexter Moyers) Rick, I've never seen you like this.
- Dr. Mullican: Nah, I just don't like the guy, is all.
- ALF: No, I mean from this angle... and I thought I had a lot of nose hair.
- Paul Fusco – ALF (puppeteer, voice)
- Lisa Buckley – ALF (assistant puppeteer)
- Bob Fappiano – ALF (assistant puppeteer)
- Max Wright – Willie Tanner
- Anne Schedeen – Kate Tanner
- Andrea Elson – Lynn Tanner
- Benji Gregory – Brian Tanner
- Josh Blake – Jake Ochmonek (seasons 2–4)
- Jim J. Bullock – Neal Tanner (season 4)
- Andrea Covell – Jody
- Bill Daily – Dr. Larry Dykstra
- Paul Dooley – "Whizzer" Deaver
- John LaMotta – Trevor Ochmonek
- Anne Meara – Dorothy Halligan Deaver
- Liz Sheridan – Raquel Ochmonek
- Charles Nickerson – Eric Tanner (season 4)