ALF (1986-90) was an American science fiction sitcom that aired on NBC. The title character is Gordon Shumway, a friendly extraterrestrial nicknamed ALF (an acronym for Alien Life Form), who crash lands in the garage of the suburban middle-class Tanner family.
- ALF: [strapped into an electric chair] I take it this isn't the word association test.
- Dr. Warner: No, no. We're going to conduct a different test.
- ALF: I'm not sure I like the word 'conduct'. [looks at a High Voltage sign]
- Dr. Warner: Oh, pay no attention to that sign, it shouldn't even be there. I'll remove it if it bothers you.
- ALF: It bothers me. [Warner gets electrocuted when trying to remove the sign and falls over as he begins to sizzle on the floor] Medic. Medic.
- Dr. Stanley: Let's try some word association. I'll say a word and you say whatever pops into your mind.
- ALF: Food.
- Dr. Stanley: I haven't said anything yet.
- ALF: Nothing interesting, at least.
- Dr. Stanley: Sit.
- ALF: I am sitting.
- Dr. Stanley: No, that's the first word: sit.
- ALF: Oh, um... food.
- Dr. Stanley: Sunrise.
- ALF: Breakfast.
- Dr. Stanley: Square.
- ALF: Meal.
- Dr. Stanley: Left.
- ALF: Overs.
- Dr. Stanley: Should we stop and get you something to eat.
- ALF: I could use a little snack.
- Paul Fusco – ALF (puppeteer, voice)
- Lisa Buckley – ALF (assistant puppeteer)
- Bob Fappiano – ALF (assistant puppeteer)
- Max Wright – Willie Tanner
- Anne Schedeen – Kate Tanner
- Andrea Elson – Lynn Tanner
- Benji Gregory – Brian Tanner