Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
One day can change everything.(taglines)
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is a 2014 comedy film starring Steve Carell, Jennifer Garner and Ed Oxenbould. It is based on the children's book of the same name.
- I still have me arms!
- Alexander: Good morning.
- Emily: Speak for yourself.
- Anthony: Mom, do you mind?... Please.
- Kelly: What? Because of this morning? It's not the first time I've seen your penis, Anthony!
- Emily: Mom saw your penis?
- Kelly: Yep! I've seen yours too, Alexander. I've seen every penis in this car!
- Ben: Every penis.
- Paul Dumphy: Dude, I've been looking everywhere for you. Have you heard about Phillip Parker?
- Alexander: I don't want to hear anything more about his amazing party.
- Paul Dumphy: No, it's cancelled.
- Alexander: What?
- Paul Dumphy: Yeah, he woke up with chicken pox. He texted me this picture. These things are everywhere.
- Alexander: Oh.
- Paul Dumphy: They're even in his butt crack.
- Anthony: YES! [jumps and hits a banner, which causes two trophy cases to fall and smash]
- Teacher: Let's go, Wreck-It Ralph! Principal's office, NOW!
- Ms. Suggs: Tell me something, Anthony. Are you a senior citizen?
- Anthony: No, ma'am.
- Ms. Suggs: Good. Then why're you driving 15 miles an hour in a 25-mile zone? C'mon, speed it up. [Anthony speeds up the minivan] That's right. That is right. Boy. Change lanes. [Anthony does so] Now, I want you to take a right up here. [Anthony turns right. Just then, his cell phone vibrates] Celia's calling.
- Anthony: It's my girlfriend. Probably wants to talk prom plans. Tonight's the prom. Well, I'll just ignore that.
- Ms. Suggs: Seems like she's very anxious to talk to you.
- Anthony: No, no, no, I'm driving. I would never answer the phone when I'm driving. No, no matter what circumstance.
- Ms. Suggs: But, y'know, proms don't happen every day.
- Anthony: That's true. You sure? It'll just be like super quick. It's not...
- Ms. Suggs: What's important to you is important to me.
- Anthony: [answers his phone] Hey, Celia. I can't really talk right now, but...
- Ms. Suggs: Put! The phone! Down!
- Anthony: [turns to Miss Suggs] What?
- Ms. Suggs: [in a demanding tone] Put that mobile device down, NOW! HEY, EYES ON THE ROAD!
- Anthony: [nearly hits another car and swerves off the road] AAAH!! NO, NO!!! [hits several parking meters while screaming]
- Ms. Suggs: YOU'RE GONNA KILL US!! AAAAH!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! [Anthony pulls back into the DMV and stops] WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! WHAT ARE YOU-- WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU FOOL?!
- Anthony: [angrily] You tricked me!
- Ms. Suggs: Get outta this car. [stamps "FAIL" on the clipboard] You get out of this car!
- Anthony: You're EVIL!
- Ms. Suggs: You prom creep!
- Ben: I don't think he passed.
- Ms. Suggs: Get out! GET OUT!
- [Anthony swings open the door, only to get a literal door prize from a passing Impala. The door slides right to the Coopers]
- So then that happened...
- For Alexander, life couldn't get worse. For his family, life couldn't be better.
- Get ready for the best worst day of your life.
- One day can change everything.
- Ed Oxenbould as Alexander Cooper
- Steve Carell as Ben Cooper, Alexander’s father
- Jennifer Garner as Kelly Cooper, Alexander’s mother
- Dylan Minnette as Anthony Cooper, Alexander’s older brother
- Kerris Dorsey as Emily Cooper, Alexander’s older sister
- Elise & Zoey Vargas as Trevor Cooper, Alexander’s younger brother
- Sidney Fullmer as Becky Gibson
- Bella Thorne as Celia
- Megan Mullally as Nina
- Toni Trucks as Steph
- Donald Glover as Greg
- Joel Johnstone as Logan
- Jennifer Coolidge as Ms. Suggs
- Samantha Logan as Heather
- Dick Van Dyke as Himself
- Thunder From Down Under as Themselves
- Mekai Curtis as Paul, Alexander's friend