Alien vs. Predator (film)
Alien vs. Predator is a 2004 science fiction film about a human research team trapped in a pyramid built by a prehistoric Antarctic civilization in the midst of a battle between two extraterrestrial races. The film acts as a crossover spin-off to both the Alien and Predator franchises.
- Directed and written by Paul W.S. Anderson. Story by Paul W.S. Anderson and Dan O' Bannon & Ronald Shusett.
Alexa 'Lex' Woods
- [to an Alien] You are one ugly mother...
- [while exploring the abandoned whaling station, Miller is startled by a penguin] Careful. They bite.
- [Scar shows Alexa that he is activating the bomb in his wrist panel] It's a bomb. Well, I hope it kills every fucking one of them!
Sebastian de Rosa
- This whole thing was a trap.
Charles Bishop Weyland
- [to the Predator] Don't turn your back on me!
- [shows a 3D image of the pyramid] My experts tell me this is a pyramid.
- [First lines] Technician: Hey. Hey, hey, come here, take a look at this.
- Mark Verheiden: [to the Alien] You ugly son of a bitch!
- Sebastian de Rosa: The animals being hunted don't arm the hunters!
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: They're not hunting us. We're in the middle of a war. It's time to pick a side.
- Sebastian de Rosa: We are on our side!
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: We have to consider the possibility that we might not make it out of here.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: I'm not going to leave you to die down here!
- Charles Bishop Weyland: You didn't.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: [Lex discovers Weyland with his respirator] There's no room for sick men on this expedition.
- Charles Bishop Weyland: My doctors tell me the worst is behind me.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: You're not a very good liar, Mr. Weyland. Stay on the ship. We'll update you at the top of every hour.
- Charles Bishop Weyland: You know, when you get sick, you think about your life and how you're going to be remembered. You know what I realized would happen when I go? A ten percent fall in share prices. Maybe twelve. And that's it.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: I've heard this speech before. My dad broke his leg seven hundred feet from the summit of Mount Ranier. He was like you. He wouldn't go back or let us stop. We reached the top and he opened a bottle of champagne... Had my first drink with my dad at 14,400 feet. On the way down, he developed a blood clot in his leg that traveled to his lung. He suffered for four hours before dying twenty minutes from the base.
- Charles Bishop Weyland: You think that's the last thing your dad remembers? The pain? Or drinking champagne with his daughter fourteen thousand feet in the air? [pause] I need this.
- Adele Rousseau: What did you say this room was called?
- Thomas Parks: Sacrificial chamber.
[the team finds the Predators' shoulder cannons]
- Graeme Miller: Any idea what these are?
- Sebastian de Rosa: No, you?
- Graeme Miller: No.
- Maxwell Stafford: It's a good thing we brought the experts.
- Graeme Miller: Well, yeah, it is a good thing, cos' this is like finding Moses' DVD collection.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: Everybody, listen up! Gather round.
- Sebastian de Rosa: I told you she'd stay.
- Graeme Miller: [towards Sebastian] Told you she'd stay. She can't resist my animal magnetism.
- Mark Verheiden: Laugh it up, Miller. Laugh it up.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: Gentlemen? It is my job to keep you alive on this expedition, and I need your help to do that. Since I don't have the time to properly train you, I'm laying down three simple rules. One. No one goes anywhere alone, ever. Two. Everyone must maintain constant communication. Three. Unexpected things are gonna happen. When they do, no one tries to be a hero. Understood? [towards Verheiden] Understood?
- Mark Verheiden: Yes, ma'am.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: Good.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: [Rousseau is loading a pistol] Seven seasons on the ice, and I've never seen a gun save someone's life.
- Adele Rousseau: I don't plan on using it.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: Then why bring it?
- Adele Rousseau: Same principle as a condom. I'd rather have one and not need it, then need it and not have one.
- Jack the helicopter pilot: [flying over the ocean towards Antarctica] Just past the P.S.R.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: Thanks, Jack!
- Graeme Miller: Oh, damn! I wish I got a picture.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: Of what?
- Graeme Miller: Uh, the P.S.R. I wish he'd call it out before we passed it.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: [laughing] The P.S.R. is the "point of safe return". It means we've used up half our fuel so we can't turn back.
- Graeme Miller: Right, but if something went wrong, we could uh... land presumably.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: We could ditch.
- Graeme Miller: Yeah, ditch.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: But the temperature of the water would kill us in three minutes.
- Mark Verheiden: [Pyramid has reconfigured and Verheiden and Miller are cut off from the rest] We're never getting out of this place.
- Graeme Miller: You got any children?
- Mark Verheiden: A son.
- Graeme Miller: Yeah, I've got two. That means we do not have the luxury of quitting. We're gonna make it out of here. We're surviving this if I have to carry you the whole way.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: What's with the bottle cap?
- Sebastian de Rosa: What?
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: What's with the bottle cap?
- Sebastian de Rosa: Oh. This is a valuable archaeological find.
- Sebastian de Rosa: When I was a kid growing up in Italy, you know what they call a moon that big? [in Italian] La luna del cacciatore.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: [repeats] La luna del cacciatore.
- Sebastian de Rosa: [in Italian] Brava!
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: What's that?
- Sebastian de Rosa: Hunter's moon.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: Hunter's moon. [they start laughing]
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: We're gonna round up the rest of the team and get to the surface. Let's move! [Stafford and Verheiden open their cases and pull out machine guns] What are you doing?
- Maxwell Stafford: My job. Yours is over.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: My job is over when everyone is back on the boat safely. And that gun doesn't change anything.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: How do you say "scared shitless" in Italian?
- Sebastian de Rosa: Non vedo l'ora di uscire da questa piramide con te, perchè mi sto cagando adosso. More or less.
- Sebastian de Rosa: The enemy of my enemy... is my friend.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: [pyramid starts to reconfigure] Let's go find our friend.
- Adele Rousseau: What happened here?
- Thomas Parks: [Nodding head] It's common in ritual sacrifice to take the heart of the victim.
- Adele Rousseau: That's nice.
- Thomas Parks: [nods head knowingly]
- Adele Rousseau: But that's not where your heart is. Besides it looks like the bones were bent straight out.
- Thomas Parks: [Glances up questioningly & stares at Rousseau]
- Adele Rousseau: Something broke out of this body.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: Where exactly on the ice is this?
- Charles Bishop Weyland: Bouvetøya Island. But it's not on the ice. It's 2,000 feet below it.
- Sebastian de Rosa: I think this is a manhood ritual. The humanoid ones, they've been sent here to prove that they're worthy to become adults.
- Alexa 'Lex' Woods: You're saying, they're, what, teenagers?
- Whoever wins... We lose
- It's our planet... It's their war
- The Enemy of My Enemy is my Friend
- Sanaa Lathan - Alexa Woods
- Raoul Bova - Sebastian de Rosa
- Lance Henriksen - Charles Bishop Weyland
- Ewen Bremner - Graeme Miller
- Colin Salmon - Maxwell Stafford
- Tommy Flanagan - Mark Verheiden
- Sam Troughton - Thomas Parks
About Alien vs. Predator (film)
- Yeah. Ridley and I talked about doing another Alien film and I said to 20th Century Fox that I would develop a 5th Alien film. I started working on a story, I was working with another writer and Fox came back to me and said, "We've got this really good script for Alien vs Predator and I got pretty upset. I said, "You do that you're going to kill the validity of the franchise in my mind." Because to me, that was Frankenstein meets Werewolf. It was Universal just taking their assets and starting to play them off against each other.
- I think of the 5 Alien films, I'd rate it 3rd.
- The Predator society builds sophisticated spaceships, yet they should not look as sleek and hi-tech as a Star Wars stormtrooper. They are a tribal culture, yet their look should not be as primitive as the orcs from Lord of the Rings. They are also a warrior culture, so the ornate cannot conflict with the practical.