Freddy vs. Jason
Freddy vs. Jason is 2003 film in which Freddy Krueger has grown weak, as the citizens of fictional Springwood, Ohio have suppressed their fear of him. In order to regain his power, he resurrects Jason Voorhees (from the Friday the 13th films) and manipulates him into traveling to Springwood to cause panic and fear. However, while Jason succeeds in causing enough fear for Freddy to haunt the town again, he continues to intrude on Freddy's territory and steal his potential victims. This ultimately sends the two monsters into a violent conflict.
- Directed by Ronny Yu. Written by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift.
- [narrating] My children... from the very beginning, it was the children who gave me my power. The Springwood Slasher, that's what they called me. My reign of terror was legendary. Dozens of children would fall by my blades. Then the parents of Springwood came for me, taking justice into their own hands. When I was alive, I might have been a little naughty, but after they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun really began. Until they figured out a way to forget about me. To erase me completely. Being dead wasn't a problem, but being forgotten, now that's a bitch. I can't come back if nobody remembers me. I can't come back if nobody's afraid. I had to search the bowels of hell, but I found someone, someone who'll make 'em remember. He may get the blood, but I'll get the glory, and that fear is my ticket home.
- [to himself, after Blake gets away] Not strong enough, yet. Well, I will be soon enough. Until then... I'll let Jason have some fun.
- [to Lori] Welcome to my world, bitch. I should warn you, princess... the first time tends to get a little... messy.
- [Referring to Jason] He may get the blood, but I'll get the glory.
- Oh, God, y'all, two killers? We're not safe awake or asleep.
- Mrs. Voorhees: [In Jason's dream] Jason, my special, special boy. Do you know what your gift is? No matter what they do to you, you cannot die. You can never die. You've just been sleeping, honey. But now, the time has come to wake up. Mommy has something she wants you to do. I need you to go to Elm Street. The children have been very bad on Elm Street. Rise up, Jason. Your work isn't finished. Hear my voice and live again. Make them remember me, Jason. Make them remember what fear tastes like.
- [after Jason leaves, Mrs. Voorhees morphs into Freddy]
- Freddy: I've been away from my children for far too long.
- [after seeing Jason at the rave]
- Kia: Was that him? The guy you were talking about... Freddy Krueger?
- Lori: No, that wasn't the guy in my dream. That was somebody else.
- Charlie: Who cares about some fucking dream guy, OK? That psycho in the hockey mask was real.
- Bill: Dude, that goalie was pissed about something.
- Deputy Stubbs: I think we're dealing with a copycat here.
- Charlie: No. No. No, no, no. He's not a copycat. I've seen what he can do. He's the real Jason.
- Deputy Stubbs: That's impossible, Linderman. Jason is dead.
- Bill: Yeah, well, you better start thinking outside your little box, dude, 'cause somebody's definitely breaking the fucking reality rules, OK?
- Will: Let's go, we can't help her anymore.
- Lori: No, I'm staying.
- Will: Are you crazy? You got what you wanted, you pulled Freddy out. Now he's fighting Jason. Come on, what more do you want?
- Lori: He killed my mother, Will. It was Freddy. My father covered it up to protect me. He didn't do it.
- Will: Oh, my God.
- Lori: Look, he has taken everything from us. He has ruined both of our pasts. And I am not leaving until I see him die.
- [Bobby Davis appears in a bloody bathtub in Mark's nightmare]
- Bobby: Hey, Mark. You didn't forget about me, did you?
- Mark: [whispers in horror] Oh, God.
- Bobby: [as Freddy] Oh, that's right: Everyone forgot. That's why they weren't afraid anymore. That's why I needed Jason to kill for me to get them to remember. But now, he just won't stop...[Bobby shows Mark his slit wrists]...that hockey puck.
- [last line]
- Lori: [to Freddy] Welcome to my world, bitch! [decapitates him in slow-mo.]
- Evil vs. Evil.
- Even a killer has something to fear.
- Evil will battle Evil.
- One, two, Freddy's coming for you... three, four, Jason's at your door...
- Place your bets!
- The "Slicer" - The "Dicer" - And This Time, They're Not Any "Nicer"!
- When the son of a hundred maniacs battles an unstoppable killing machine, none will survive!
- Winner kills all!
- Robert Englund - Freddy Krueger
- Ken Kirzinger - Jason Voorhees
- Monica Keena - Lori Campbell
- Jason Ritter - Will Rollins
- Kelly Rowland - Kia Waterson
- Chris Marquette - Charlie Linderman
- Brendan Fletcher - Mark Davis
- Lochlyn Munro - Deputy Stubbs
- Katharine Isabelle - Gibb Smith
- Kyle Labine - Bill Freeburg
- Tom Butler - Dr. Campbell
- Zack Ward - Bobby Davis
- Gary Chalk - Sheriff Williams
- Jesse Hutch - Trey
- David Kopp - Blake
- Chris Gauthier - Shack
- Paula Shaw - Pamela Voorhees
Encyclopedic article on Freddy vs. Jason at Wikipedia
|Friday the 13th franchise|
|Films|| Friday the 13th (1980) · Part 2 (1981) · Part III (1982) · The Final Chapter (1984) · A New Beginning (1985) · Jason Lives (1986) · The New Blood (1988) · Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) ·
Jason Goes to Hell (1993) · Jason X (2001) · Freddy vs. Jason (2003) · Friday the 13th (2009)
|Television||Friday the 13th: The Series (1987–1990)|
|Comics||Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash (2007–2008) · Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors (2009)|
|Related||Last words in Friday the 13th films · A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise|