Friday the 13th (1980 film)
- This article is about the 1980 horror film. For the 2009 reboot, see Friday the 13th (2009 film). For the actual day, see Friday the 13th.
Friday the 13th is a 1980 American horror/slasher film directed by Sean S. Cunningham and written by Victor Miller. The film stars Betsy Palmer, Adrienne King, Harry Crosby and Kevin Bacon in one of his earliest roles.
- Did you know that a young boy drowned? The year before those two others were killed? The counselors weren't paying any attention! They were making love while that young boy drowned!! His name was Jason. I was working the day that it happened, preparing meals. Here. I was the cook! Jason should've been watched! Every minute! He was...! He wasn't a very good swimmer. We can go now...dear.
- Oh, my sweet innocent Jason. My only child. Jason...
- You let him drown! You never paid any attention! Look what you did to him. LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HIM!!!
- You kids keep your noses clean. Understand? You'll be hearing from me if you don't. We ain't gonna stand for no weirdness out here.
- I'm the messenger of God! You're doomed if you stay here! This place is cursed. Cursed!! It's got a death curse.
- I've got to warn ya! You're doomed if you stay! Go. Go!
- You're doomed! You're all doomed!!
- Alice: Is anyone else alive? Are they all dead?
- Tierney: Yes, ma'am. Two of my men pulled you out of the lake. We...we thought you were dead, too. Do you remember very much?
- Alice: The boy; Is he dead, too?
- Tierney: Who?
- Alice: The boy. Jason.
- Tierney: Jason?
- Alice: In the lake, the...the one who attacked me, the one who pulled me underneath the water.
- Tierney: Ma'am, we didn't find any boy.
- Alice: But he... Then he's still there.
- Alice: Who are you?
- Pamela Voorhees: Why I'm--I'm Mrs. Voorhees, an old friend of the Christy's.
- Brenda: Just wait until he lands on my old Kentucky home.
- Bill: More beer? More beer.
- (while playing strip Monopoly)
- Alice: Baltic Avenue.
- Bill: No one ever lands on Baltic Avenue.
- Alice: I think it's a pretty color. I'll buy it.
- (Bill rolls and lands on Baltic Avenue)
- Alice: Ha. Baltic Avenue. You owe me one boot.
- Brenda: Alice draws first blood.
- Bill: That's a terrible way to talk about my feet.
- Enos: All the girls up there gonna look as good as you?
- Annie: I don't know.
- Crazy Ralph: You're going to Camp Blood, ain't ya?
- Enos: Dammit, Ralph, get outta here! Go on, get! Leave people alone!
- Crazy Ralph: You'll never come back again.
- Enos: Oh, shut up, Ralph.
- Crazy Ralph: It's got a death curse!
- Bill: You think you're gonna last all summer?
- Alice: I'm not sure I'll last all week.
- Alice: Bill? Steve wants to know if we need more paint.
- Bill: Paint's all right. Need more thinner.
- Alice: Okay.
- Bill: Alice. Did the others show up?
- Alice: Yeah, everybody except that girl Annie.
- Bill: Think you're gonna last all summer?
- Alice: I don't know if i'm gonna last all week.
- Alice: I'll tell Steve about the thinner.
- Bill: Fine.
- Jack: Come on. I love you.
- Marcie: But what about Ned?
- Jack: I don't love Ned.
- Ned: If you were a flavor of ice cream, what would it be?
- Marcie: Rocky road.
- Enos: I tell ya, he's causing problems enough for your boss with all that talk. Damn nuisance. Did he tell you anything?
- Annie: Oh, I'll be cooking for fifty kids and ten staff. The campers will mostly be like inner-city children.
- Enos: I mean about what happened.
- Annie: No. (Enos shakes his head) Come on, there's something you're not telling me.
- Enos: Quit. Quit now.
- Annie: Quit? Why would I wanna quit?
- Enos: Camp Crystal Lake is jinxed.
- Annie: Oh, terrific. Not you, too! You sound like your crazy friend back there, Ralph.
- Enos: Did Christy ever tell you 'bout the two kids murdered in '58? Boy drowning in '57? Bunch of fires. Nobody knows who did any of 'em. In 1962, they was gonna open up. The water was bad. Christy'll end up just like his folks, crazy and broke. He's been up there a year fixin' up that place. He must've dropped $25,000, and for what? Ask anybody. Quit.
- Annie: I can't.
- Enos: Dumb kids. Know-it-alls. Just like my niece, heads full of rocks.
- Annie: You're an American original.
- Enos: (mockingly) I'm an American original. Dumb kid.
- Officer Dorf: What you been smoking, boy?
- Jack: Smoke? Don't smoke! Causes cancer.
- Officer Dorf: You know what I mean! What, you just get off a spaceship or something? Come on, Colombian gold, man. Hash, grass, the weed, dig it?
- Pamela Voorhees: (seeing Brenda's dead body) Oh, good lord! So young. So pretty. Oh, what monster could have done this?
- Alice: Bill's out there.
- Ned: (after dancing around, doing a raindance with a stereotypical Native American headdress on) I'm just kidding around, officer.
- Officer Dorf: Can it, Cochise.
- Officer Dorf: Looking for someone. Guy named Ralph. Town crazy.
- Ned: (acting a bit silly with the stereotypical Native American gear on) Well, there's no crazy people around here!
- Officer Dorf: I told you to sit on it, Tonto!
- Jack: [seeing Bill with a big knife raised] Jesus, Bill! What are you doing?
- Bill: There's a snake in here!
- Marcie: Why are we in here?
- Alice: (a snake is under the bed) I can't sleep if there's a snake in here!
- Bill: I can't kill it until it comes out.
- Alice: Well, call him!
- Bill: How do you call a snake?
- Alice: (after Bill kills the snake) Is it dead?
- Ned: Either that or it's got a very short clone.
- Marcie: Well, at least we know what's for dinner.
- Adrienne King as Alice Hardy
- Harry Crosby as Bill Brown
- Kevin Bacon as Jack Burrell
- Jeannine Taylor as Marcie Cunningham
- Laurie Bartram as Brenda Jones
- Robbi Morgan as Annie Phillips
- Mark Nelson as Ned Rubinstein
- Betsy Palmer as Pamela Voorhees
- Peter Brouwer as Steve Christy
- Rex Everhart as Enos Tucker
- Walt Gorney as Crazy Ralph
- Willie Adams as Barry Jackson
- Debra S. Hayes as Claudette Hayes
- Ari Lehman as Jason Voorhees
Encyclopedic article on Friday the 13th (1980 film) at Wikipedia
- Friday the 13th (1980 film) quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Friday the 13th (1980 film) at Rotten Tomatoes
|Friday the 13th franchise|
|Films|| Friday the 13th (1980) · Part 2 (1981) · Part III (1982) · The Final Chapter (1984) · A New Beginning (1985) · Jason Lives (1986) · The New Blood (1988) · Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) ·
Jason Goes to Hell (1993) · Jason X (2001) · Freddy vs. Jason (2003) · Friday the 13th (2009)
|Television||Friday the 13th: The Series (1987–1990)|
|Comics||Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash (2007–2008) · Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors (2009)|
|Related||Last words in Friday the 13th films · A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise|