Friday the 13th Part 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Friday the 13th Part II is a 1981 American slasher film directed by Steve Miner. A sequel to Friday the 13th (1980), it is the second film in the Friday the 13th film series. It was a moderate box-office hit, opening on May 1, 1981 in first place.
The body count continues.. (taglines)
- I don't want to scare anyone, but I'm going to give it to you straight about Jason. His body was never recovered from the lake after he drowned. And if you listen to the old timers in town, they'll tell you he's still out there...some sort of demented creature, surviving in the wilderness, full grown by now. Stalking...stealing what he needs, living off wild animals and vegetation. Some folks claim they've even seen him...right in this area. The girl who survived that night at Camp Blood, that Friday the 13th, she claimed she saw him. She disappeared two months later. Vanished. Blood was everywhere. No one knows what happened to her. Legend has it that Jason saw his mother beheaded that night...and he took his revenge. A revenge that he'll continue to seek if anyone ever enters his wilderness again. And by now, I guess you all know, we're the first to return here. Five years...five long years he's been dormant...and he's hungry. Jason's out there...watching...always on the prowl for intruders. Waiting to kill...waiting to devour. Thirsty for young blood.
- These kids smoke better than I do.
- [to Jeff and Sandra] I told the others; they didn't believe me. You're all doomed, you're all doomed.
- Deputy Winslow: You're going to have to keep your people away from that place, Holt. It's condemned. Next time I catch anybody over there, I'm going to have to run them in.
- Jeffrey: Uh, he told us that...
- Paul: I'll handle this, Jeff.
- Deputy Winslow: Might even get a warrant against you.
- Paul: Oh, really?
- Deputy Winslow: Look, Holt. People say that what you do with these kids is great. You got a good reputation. But if I was you, I would have located in the next county. You're too close. Things have been quiet for five years and that's the way we want to keep it.
- Paul: So do I, officer. So do I. [to Jeff and Sandra] You two, take off. We'll talk at dinner.
- Sandra: We'll never do it again, sir.
- Jeffrey: Thanks, Mr. Holt.
- [Sandra and Jeff depart the office]
- Deputy Winslow: You're not even going to reprimand them? No punishment? What kind of place is this?
- Paul: Ginny?
- Ginny: Yes, Paul?
- Paul: No seconds on dessert for Jeff and Sandra tonight.
- [Scott steps into snare and ends up hanging]
- Scott: AAAH! Help!
- [Terri watches, shocked, as Scott swings back]
- Scott: Damn that Paul and his wilderness stuff!
- Terri: [to Scott] I ought to let you hang, you moron!
- Terri: [to Scott, who stepped into a trap] Don't go anywhere.
- Scott: Very funny.
- Ginny: [to Paul] Paul, There is someone in the damn room!
- Vicky: What are these?
- Mark: Handheld video games. Try them. One of them is hockey and the other is baseball.
- [Vicky picks up a handheld and begins playing]
- Vicky: What does the winner get?
- Mark: What does the winner want?
- Vicky: Guess.
- Ginny: Please help me!
- The body count continues...
- Just when you thought it was safe to go back to camp...
- The day you count on for terror is not over
- Amy Steel as Ginny Field
- John Furey as Paul Holt
- Adrienne King as Alice Hardy
- Kirsten Baker as Terry McCarthy
- Stu Charno as Ted
- Warrington Gillette as Jason Voorhees (unmasked)
- Walt Gorney as Crazy Ralph
- Marta Kober as Sandra Dier
- Tom McBride as Mark Jarvis
- Bill Randolph as Jeff
- Lauren-Marie Taylor as Vickie Perry
- Russell Todd as Scott
- Betsy Palmer as Pamela Voorhees
- Cliff Cudney as Maxwell
- Jack Marks as Deputy Winslow
- Steve Daskewisz as Jason Voorhees stunt double (masked)
- Friday the 13th Part 2 quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Friday the 13th Part 2 at Rotten Tomatoes
|Friday the 13th franchise|
|Films|| Friday the 13th (1980) · Part 2 (1981) · Part III (1982) · The Final Chapter (1984) · A New Beginning (1985) · Jason Lives (1986) · The New Blood (1988) · Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) · |
Jason Goes to Hell (1993) · Jason X (2001) · Freddy vs. Jason (2003) · Friday the 13th (2009)
|Television||Friday the 13th: The Series (1987–1990)|
|Comics||Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash (2007–2008) · Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors (2009)|
|Related||Last words in Friday the 13th films · A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise|