Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
Friday the 13th: A New Beginning is a 1985 slasher film. It was released on March 22, 1985. It is the fifth film in the Friday the 13th film series. Despite the previous film claiming to be the "final chapter," this installment set out to live up to its title by being a "new beginning" for the franchise.
- Ethel: I'm gonna do the talking; you keep quiet.
- Cal: Morning, Ethel. My, don't you look lovely today.
- Ethel: Hogwash. Now, Sheriff, you better hear me, and hear me good. I want this looney bin closed down. You hear me, fella? Now these kids ain't nothing but trouble. They don't respect other's property, and they're all crazy!
- Junior: You tell 'em, Ma! Ha-hah.
- Cal: Ethel, these kids weren't doing...
- Ethel: Doing? Doing? You think I don't know what those two nitwits were doing in my yard?
- Junior: Say it like you mean it, Ma!
- Ethel: Would you shut the hell up? [The kids laugh for a minute] Now, I'm gonna tell all of you. You mark my words, the next little fathead that comes near my farm, I'm gonna blow your brains out. You hear me?
- Tucker: [approaching] Now, Ethel...
- Ethel: Don't you come near me, Sheriff, I warn you! I got a bomb on me. I swear to ya. You make one move toward me, I'm gonna blow us all up. Start the engines, Junior! [Gets on motorbike] That's it. My final words. [Ethel and Junior drive off]
- Cal: I want every inch of this area combed thoroughly. Bring back anything you find. Anything! Get going.
- Deputy: Yes, sir.
- Cal: What the hell's going on here?
- Roy Burns: You talking to me, Sheriff?
- Cal: What?
- Roy: Oh, I thought you was talking to me.
- Cal: No, Roy; it's OK. Go ahead, get them out of here.
- Dodd: Looks like we've got us a maniac on the loose, huh, Sheriff?
- Cobb: I don't care if you have to put your mother behind bars! Get me the damn psycho who's responsible for this mess!! What the hell's going on here?! I'm mean, this is a small town, man, and small towns are supposed to be safe!
- Cal: I know who it is.
- Cobb: What?
- Cal: I said I know who it is.
- Cobb: Who?
- Cal: It's Jason Voorhees. You don't believe me, do you?
- Cobb: Jason Voorhees? You're out of your mind. You've been out in the sun too long. I'll say I don't believe you! Jason Voorhees is dead! His body was cremated. He's nothing but a handful of ash.
- Cal: [Tucker stands up firmly] You know that for sure, Mayor? Were you there? Did you see him cremated?
- Cobb: Jason Voorhees? [Tucker nods] I can't believe this! Here. [pulls out an ashtray] This is your "Jason Voorhees" here. [pours ashes out] This! [plants ashes in Tucker's hand] You're on the line here, Tucker. Are you getting that? Now you get me a damn live suspect! [Cobb exits. Tucker, enraged, breaks the ashtray by throwing it against the wall]
- Vinnie: I'm telling you, Pete, this really stinks!
- Pete: Just do it, fix it, man! Those idiots aren't gonna wait all night.
- Vinnie: Oh, hell, this is a mess. No way. I refuse to do this! You're the one who keeps messing around with it, so you get the hell over here and fix it! You understand? Pete! [Pete honks the horn loudly, startling Vinnie. He then begins to laugh] You are a moron!
- Pete: Aww, what's the matter, Vinnie? You scared of the dark? You all creeped out by that murder at the nuthouse?
- Vinnie: Oh, yeah. Sure. Look, as far as I'm concerned, all those loonies should be killed off one by one. Can you try it now?
- Pete: [engine is not starting] Jeez, man. Can't you do anything? Stop screwing around! Get this thing done by the time I get back. I gotta take a leak.
- Vinnie: Leak my foot!
- Pete: Just do it, man. I mean it.
- Vinnie: Stupid idiot!
- [Pete walks away]
- Pete: You little jerk.
- Vinnie: What are you doing, you dirtbag? Enough already. You can stop. Would you cut it out? Pete! [Roy forces a flare into Vinnie's mouth]
- Pete: All right, either you got the car started or you're a dead man. [While humming a tune, he tries to start the car] It ain't starting, man. You messed up again. It ain't starting. I'm gonna kick your tail. Kick your tail. Come on. Come on, everybody. It ain't starting. Come on, fix the damn car! You messed up again, you idiot. Hey, what you doing out there, Vinnie? You're a dirty... [The car finally starts] Whoo! All right! And we're off! Let's go! [Roy grabs him from behind and slashes his throat]
- Demon: Who's that? Stop it! Stop it! You're going to get it, bitch!
- Anita: Lighten up, Demon. You'll feel a lot better after this.
- Demon: I'll feel a lot better when I'm out of here. This box is gross.
- Anita: You better watch out for the snake that's going to slither up your arm and bite you.
- [Roy grabs her from behind the bathroom and slits her throat]
- Demon: Anita? Hey, girl, what's up? Hey! Okay, I told you this isn't funny. Now you're gonna get it, bitch.
- Ethel: I'm gonna chop you into itty, bitty little pieces, my friend. Just like they done to that piggo over at that crazy farm. Eeeeyah! [decapitates chicken]
- Junior: [imitates Ethel using spoon] Eeeeyah! Ha ha ha ha.
- Ethel: You big bimbo. Eat your slop! Ain't I make the best damned stew in the whole wide world?
- Junior: Best damned stew in the whole wide world, Mama.
- Ethel: It's the damn coyote, trying to kill my lot again. I'll show that fathead once and for all, you hear me, Junior? [stops and sees a visitor in her tracks] Who the hell are you and what the hell do you want?
- Raymond: I'd like to earn a meal.
- Ethel: Yeah? What do you do?
- Raymond: Whatever you need done.
- Ethel: Okay. Clean out the chicken coop and dump it behind the shed. You come back here after that and I'll fill your stomach.
- Raymond: Yes, ma'am.
- Ethel: That is one ugly man that goes there.
- Junior: That's one ugly man, Mama.
- Ethel: Would you shut your trap? You ain't so pretty yourself, you know.
- Junior: I ain't so pretty myself, I know.
- Ethel: Eeeeyah! [decapitates chicken]
- [Joey Burns is having a very difficult conversation with Vic Faden, who is busy chopping wood on a tree stump]
- Joey Burns: You know, Vic, before I came here, I never had anything to do, me being an orphan and all. People always teased me about sitting round like some kind of pig or something. But here, it's different. I can help others and do a lot of things. You know something? I really love it here.
- Vic Faden: I hate it!
- Joey: You know, to be honest with you, I never chopped wood before, but it certainly looks like fun.
- Vic: [on the verge of losing his temper] LEAVE ME ALONE!!
- Joey: Here, Vic. Want a bite? Here. [sets the chocolate bar on the tree stump] I'll just put it over here, and later on, when you're hungry, you can have it. [Vic chops the chocolate bar in half] Well, if that's the way you feel, forget it, Vic! Just forget it! But I think you're really outta line! [Vic, finally fed up with Joey's behavior, comes up behind him and chops him in the back with his own axe and hacks him into pieces, killing him instantly]
- If Jason still haunts you, you're not alone!
- Melanie Kinnaman as Pam Roberts
- John Shepherd as Tommy Jarvis
- Shavar Ross as Reggie Winter
- Corey Feldman as Tommy Jarvis (age 12)
- Richard Young as Dr. Matthew Letter
- Marco St. John as Sheriff Cal Tucker
- Juliette Cummins as Robin Brown
- Carol Locatell as Ethel Hubbard
- Vernon Washington as George Winter
- John Robert Dixon as Eddie Kelso
- Tiffany Helm as Violet Morainie
- Jerry Pavlon as Jake Patterson
- Caskey Swaim as Paramedic Duke Johnson
- Mark Venturini as Victor J. Faden
- Anthony Barrile as Vinnie Manalo
- Dominick Brascia as Joey Burns
- Richard Lineback as Deputy Dodd
- Bob DeSimone as Billy Macauley
- Jere Fields as Anita Robb
- Ric Mancini as Mayor Cobb
- Miguel A. Núñez, Jr. as Demon Winter
- Corey Parker as Pete Muldrow
- Rebecca Wood as Lana Ardsley
- Ron Sloan as Junior Hubbard
- Debi Sue Voorhees as Tina McCarthy
- Todd Bryant as Neil
- Curtis Conaway as Les
- Sonny Shields as Raymond
- Dick Wieland as Paramedic Roy Burns/Fake Jason Voorhees
- Tom Morga as Jason Voorhees (opening sequence)
- Kimberly Beck as Trish Jarvis (Voice Only)
Encyclopedic article on Friday the 13th: A New Beginning on Wikipedia
- Friday the 13th: A New Beginning quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Friday the 13th: A New Beginning at Rotten Tomatoes
|Friday the 13th franchise|
|Films|| Friday the 13th (1980) · Part 2 (1981) · Part III (1982) · The Final Chapter (1984) · A New Beginning (1985) · Jason Lives (1986) · The New Blood (1988) · Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) · |
Jason Goes to Hell (1993) · Jason X (2001) · Freddy vs. Jason (2003) · Friday the 13th (2009)
|Television||Friday the 13th: The Series (1987–1990)|
|Comics||Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash (2007–2008) · Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors (2009)|
|Related||Last words in Friday the 13th films · A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise|