Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
Friday the 13th: A New Beginning is a 1985 slasher film. It was released on March 22, 1985. It is the fifth film in the Friday the 13th film series. Despite the previous film claiming to be the "final chapter," this installment set out to live up to its title by being a "new beginning" for the franchise.
- Ethel: I'll do the talking. you Keep quiet.
- Cal: Morning, Ethel. My, don't you look lovely today.
- Ethel: Horse shit. Now, Sheriff, you better hear me, and hear me good. I want this looney bin closed down. You hear me, fella? Now these kids ain't nothing but trouble. They don't respect other's property, and they're all crazy!
- Junior: You tell 'em, Ma! Ha-hah.
- Cal: Ethel, these kids weren't doing...
- Ethel: Doing? Doing? You think I don't know what those two perverts were doing in my yard?
- Junior: Say it like you mean it, Ma!
- Ethel: Would you shut the fuck up? [The kids laugh for a minute] Now, I'm going to tell all of you. You mark my words, the next little bastard that comes near my farm, I'm gonna blow your fucking brains out. You hear me?
- Tucker: [approaching] Now, Ethel...
- Ethel: Don't you come near me, Sheriff, I warn you! I got a bomb on me. I swear to ya. You make one move toward me, I'm gonna blow us all up. Start the engines, Junior! [Gets on motorbike] That's it. My final words. [Ethel and Junior drive off]
- Cal: I want every inch of this area combed thoroughly. Bring back anything you find. Anything! Get going.
- Deputy: Yes, sir.
- Cal: What the hell's going on here?
- Roy Burns: You talking to me, Sheriff?
- Cal: What?
- Roy: Oh, I thought you was talking to me.
- Cal: No, Roy; it's OK. Go ahead, get them out of here.
- Dodd: Looks like we've got us a maniac on the loose, huh, Sheriff?"
- Cobb: I don't care if you have to put your fucking mother behind bars! Get me the goddamn psycho who's responsible for this mess!! Holy shit, Tucker, What the hell's going on here?! I'm mean, this is a small town, man, and small towns are supposed to be safe!
- Cal: I know who it is.
- Cobb: What?
- Cal: I said I know who it is.
- Cobb: Who?
- Cal: It's Jason Voorhees.
- Cobb: Jason Voorhees? You're out of your fucking mind. You've been out in the sun too long. Jason Voorhees is dead! His body was cremated. He's nothing but a handful of ash.
- Cal: [Tucker stands up firmly] You know that for sure, Mayor? Were you there? Did you see him cremated?
- Cobb: Jason Voorhees? [Tucker nods] I can't believe this! Here. [pulls out an ashtray] This is your "Jason Voorhees" here. [pours ashes out] This! [plants ashes in Tucker's hand] Your ass is on the line here, Tucker. Are you getting that? You get me a goddamn live suspect! [Cobb exits. Tucker, enraged, breaks the ashtray by throwing it against the wall]
- Vinnie: I'm telling you, Pete, this is bullshit! This really sucks!
- Pete: Just fix it! Those cunts aren't gonna wait all night.
- Vinnie: Oh, fuck! This is a mess. Now way. I refuse to do this! You're the one who keeps fucking around with it so get off your ass and fix it! You understand? Pete! [Pete honks the horn loudly, startling Vinnie. He then begins to laugh] You are an asshole!
- Pete: Aww, what's the matter, Vinnie? You scared of the dark? You all creeped out by that murder at the nuthouse?
- Vinnie: Oh, yeah. Sure. Look, as far as I'm concerned, all those loonies should be killed off one by one. Can you try it now?
- Pete: [engine is not starting] Jesus, man. Can't you do anything? Stop screwing around! Get this thing done by the time I get back. I gotta take a crap.
- Vinnie: Crap my ass!
- Pete: Just do it, man. I mean it.
- Vinnie: Fucking asshole!
- [Pete walks away]
- Pete: You little fuck.
- Vinnie: What are you doing, douchebag? Enough already. You can stop. Would you cut it out? Pete! [Roy forces a flare into Vinnie's mouth]
- Pete: All right, either you got the car started for you're a dead man. [While humming a tune, he tries to start the car] It ain't starting, man. You fucked up again. It ain't starting. I'm gonna kick your ass. Kick your ass. Come on now. Come on now, everybody. It ain't starting. Come on, motherfucker. Fix the fucking car! You fucked up again, you asshole. Hey, what you doing out there, Vinnie? You're a dirty... [The car finally starts] Whoo! All right! And we're off! Let's go! [Roy grabs him from behind and slashes his throat]
- Demon: Who;'s that? Stop it! Stop it! You're going to get it, bitch!
- Anita: Lighten up, Demon. You'll feel a lot better after you shit.
- Demon: I'll feel a lot better when I'm out of here. This shitbox is gross.
- Anita: You better watch out for the snake that's going to crawl up that crapper and bite your ass.
- [Roy grabs her from behind the bathroom and slits her throat]
- Demon: Anita? Hey, girl, what's up? Hey! Okay, I told you this isn't funny. Now you're gonna get it, bitch.
- Ethel: I'm gonna chop you into itty, bitty little pieces, my friend. Just like they done to that piggo over at that fucking crazy farm. Eeeeyah! [decapitates chicken]
- Junior: [imitates Ethel using spoon] Eeeeyah! Ha ha ha ha.
- Ethel: You big dildo. Eat your fucking slop! Ain't I make the best goddamned stew in the whole wide world?
- Junior: Best goddamned stew in the whole wide world, Mama.
- Ethel: It's the goddamn coyote, trying to kill my lot again. I'll show that bastard once and far all, you hear me, Junior?
- Ethel: Holy shit! Who the fuck are you and what the fuck do you want?
- Raymond: I'd like to earn a meal.
- Ethel: Yeah what do you do?
- Raymond: Whatever you need done.
- Ethel: Okay. Clean all the shit out of the chicken coop and dump it behind the shed. You come back here after that and I'll fill your stomach.
- Raymond: Yes, ma'am.
- Ethel: That is one fucking ugly man that goes there.
- Junior: That's one fucking ugly man, Mama.
- Ethel: Would you shut your trap? You ain't so pretty yourself, you know.
- Junior: I ain't so pretty myself, I know.
- Ethel: Eeeeyah! [decapitates chicken]
- Melanie Kinnaman as Pam Roberts
- John Shepherd as Tommy Jarvis
- Shavar Ross as Reggie Winter
- Corey Feldman as Tommy Jarvis (age 12)
- Richard Young as Dr Matthew Letter
- Marco St. John as Sheriff Cal Tucker
- Juliette Cummins as Robin Brown
- Carol Locatell as Ethel Hubbard
- Vernon Washington as George Winter
- John Robert Dixon as Eddie Kelso
- Tiffany Helm as Violet Morainie
- Jerry Pavlon as Jake Patterson
- Caskey Swaim as Paramedic Duke Johnson
- Mark Venturini as Victor J. Faden
- Anthony Barrile as Vinnie Manalo
- Dominick Brascia as Joey Burns
- Richard Lineback as Deputy Dodd
- Bob DeSimone as Billy Macauley
- Jere Fields as Anita Robb
- Ric Mancini as Mayor Cobb
- Miguel A. Núñez, Jr. as Demon Winter
- Corey Parker as Pete Muldrow
- Rebecca Wood as Lana Ardsley
- Ron Sloan as Junior Hubbard
- Debi Sue Voorhees as Tina McCarthy
- Todd Bryant as Neil
- Curtis Conaway as Les
- Sonny Shields as Raymond
- Dick Wieland as Paramedic Roy Burns/Fake Jason Voorhees
- Tom Morga as Jason Voorhees (opening sequence)
- Kimberly Beck as Trish Jarvis (Voice Only)
Encyclopedic article on Friday the 13th: A New Beginning at Wikipedia
- Friday the 13th: A New Beginning quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Friday the 13th: A New Beginning at Rotten Tomatoes
|Friday the 13th franchise|
|Films|| Friday the 13th (1980) · Part 2 (1981) · Part III (1982) · The Final Chapter (1984) · A New Beginning (1985) · Jason Lives (1986) · The New Blood (1988) · Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) ·
Jason Goes to Hell (1993) · Jason X (2001) · Freddy vs. Jason (2003) · Friday the 13th (2009)
|Television||Friday the 13th: The Series (1987–1990)|
|Comics||Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash (2007–2008) · Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors (2009)|
|Related||Last words in Friday the 13th films · A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise|