A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010 film)
A Nightmare on Elm Street is a 2010 horror film about a group of teenagers who have suffered nightmares from the mysterious killer, Freddy Krueger. It is a reboot of the A Nightmare on Elm Street film series, which began in 1984 and whose last film was the 2003 crossover film Freddy vs. Jason.
- Did you know...that after the heart stops beating, the brain keeps functioning for over 7 minutes? ...We got 6 more minutes to play. [laughs]
- Dean Russell: [to the waitress.] Can I have another? [The waitress doesn't respond and walks to the kitchen.] Hey. Can I have some more coffee, Please? Where are you going? Excuse me? Bitch. Hello? Hello? Anyone here?
- [Dean stops and opens the door to the kitchen and sees the waitress.]
- Dean Russell: Lady? Lady! Hello? [he looks at the kitchen and sees pigs cooking and pigs butchered.] What the fuck?
- [Dean sees the door closing, as the killer tries to slice his face, but Dean covers himself, with his hand]
- Nancy Holbrook: Dean? Dean. [Dean wakes up, realizing it is just a nightmare.] I told you. If you keep falling asleep they're gonna kick you outta here.
- Dean Russell: Um?... Sorry... Won't happen again, okay?
- Nancy Holbrook: Okay.
- [Dean looks at his hand, with three claw marks, from his nightmare.; Dean grabs a tissue and cleans up his blood on his hand.]
- Kris Fowles: Nancy.
- Nancy Holbrook: Hey Kris. You can sit wherever you want.
- Kris Fowles: Actually, I'm... I'm just here to meet Dean.
- Nancy Holbrook: Oh, He's right over there.
- Kris Fowles: Thanks.
- [Kris goes to Dean's table.]
- Dean Russell: Hey.
- Kris Fowles: Wow, you look like you haven't---
- Dean Russell: [turns to Kris.] Like I haven't slept in three days? [Dean covers up his wound.]
- Kris Fowles: Dean what's going on?
- Dean Russell: You're not real!, You're not real!!, You're not real!!!
- Freddy Krueger: I am now. [Freddy starts to cut Dean's throat.]
- [In real life, Dean struggles to fight back with his knife, and no one in the diner sees Freddy.]
- Kris Fowles: Dean what are you doing?, Dean stop it, Dean?, Dean?, Dean stop it--
- [Dean gets his knife stabbed in his neck and Freddy cuts Dean's throat.]
- Kris Fowles: DEAN!!!
- [Dean collapses on the floor, dead.]
- Kris Fowles: DEAN!!!!
- [As Kris looks at the photo of her and Dean as kids, Jesse appears behind her.]
- Jesse Braun: You knew Dean that far back?
- Kris Fowles: Jesus, that is me. But I don't know how I'm in that picture. I didn't meet Dean until high school.
- Jesse Braun: Come on.
- Kris Fowles: Dean said something right before he died.
- Jesse Braun: Oh, please don't.
- Kris Fowles: He said, "You're not real." He kept repeating it over and over again. Do you have any idea what that means?
- [Kris and Jesse stops, Jesse turns to Kris.]
- Jesse Braun: No. I don't. Think about. What would it mean? Dean was on a truck load of medication when...
- Kris Fowles: Jesse, when it happened, it was like somebody was making him do it but there was nobody there. Jesse, you have to believe me.
- Jesse Braun: Kris, it was late and you were scared. Your mind was just playing tricks on you that's all---
- Nancy Holbrook: I believe you.
- Kris Fowles: You do?
- Nancy Holbrook: I've seen him... I saw---
- Jesse Braun: You didn't see anything. You weren't there. Kris was. She's already fucked up, so leave her alone.
- [Kris and Jesse leave.]
- Nancy Holbrook: You have no idea what I've seen.
- Nancy Holbrook: Tell me what happened to Kris, Jesse.
- Jesse Braun: Someone killed her in her sleep.
- Nancy Holbrook: What? What are you talking about?
- Jesse Braun: Don't pretend you don't know, because you do. You said it at the funeral. He's the one who's trying to kill us in our dreams.
- Nancy Holbrook: All I keep hearing is the song.
- Jesse Braun: What song?
- Nancy Holbrook: [singing] "One, two... Freddy's coming for you".
- Jesse Braun: Freddy. That's his name and he's all in our heads, Nancy.
- Nancy Holbrook: No that's impossible.
- [Gwen knocks the door.]
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: Nancy?
- Jesse Braun: Shit. We got to stop this.
- Nancy Holbrook: How?
- Jesse Braun: I don't know... Just don't fall asleep. If you die in your dreams, you die for real.
- Jesse Braun: What do you want from me?
- Freddy Krueger: Hmm, I don't know, Jesse. You think you can turn back time? Answer me!
- Jesse Braun: No!
- Freddy Kreuger: You think you can bring the dead back to life?
- Jesse Braun: No.
- Freddy Kreuger: I didn't fucking think so.
- Jesse Braun: No...no, no!
- Freddy Kreuger: Why are you screaming when I haven't even cut you yet? [chuckles]
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: [after she caught Nancy and Quentin, finding Nancy's preschool class picture in her bedroom] What are you doing? What are you doing?, Nancy what's going on? Give me the picture.
- Nancy Holbrook: I don't understand. You said that..., You said that we didn't know each other, but we were all in this picture, we went to school together.---
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: Give me the picture, it's okay.
- Nancy Holbrook: Why would you lie to me?
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: I didn't lie.
- [Nancy and Gwen start arguing.]
- Nancy Holbrook: It's right here!, Why would you lie to me? Stop lying to me!
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: I'm not lying to you!
- Nancy Holbrook: Quit lying to me!!
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: I'm not lying to you!!
- Nancy Holbrook: STOP LYING TO ME!!!
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: I'M NOT LYING TO YOU!!!, I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH YOUR LIFE WITH THIS MEMORY!! I didn't want you to remember!, I wanted you to forget!
- Nancy Holbrook: [starts sobbing.] Remember what?
- [Nancy looks at her preschool class picture.]
- Nancy Holbrook: What happened at that preschool.
- [The photo shifts to Nancy's past.]
- Nancy Holbrook: [narrating] There was a man at the preschool...
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: His name was Fred Kruger.
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: [narrating] He was a gardener. He lived in the basement of the preschool. And you kids were his life. We didn't want to believe it at first. You were all so innocent. And you, Nancy. You were his favorite of all. And then we started to notice things.
- Quentin Smith: So what did you do? Did you call the police?
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: He left town before we got a chance to confront him. He's gone. He can't hurt you anymore. So these dreams, that you're having, They're...they're repressed memories, from a terrible terrible time.
- Nancy Holbrook: I hope you are right.
- Quentin Smith: You killed Krueger.
- Alan Smith: Where did you hear that?
- Quentin Smith: You chased him, you cornered him, and you burned him. You hunted him!
- Alan Smith: We weren't hunting, we were protecting you!
- Quentin Smith: From what?!
- Alan Smith: From him! For what he did to you! After what you kids told us!
- Quentin Smith: WE WERE FIVE! WE WOULD'VE SAID ANYTHING! WHY DIDN'T YOU GO TO THE POLICE?!
- Alan Smith: You were so young.
- Quentin Smith: Oh, god! And the things we said he did! The cave? Did you ever find it?!
- Alan Smith: No.
- Quentin Smith: How did you know he was guilty? You killed an innocent man.
- Quentin Smith: We were wrong. He's not after us because we lied. He's after us because we told the truth.
- Nancy Holbrook: He brought us here so we could remember what he did to us.
- Freddy Krueger: Now that you have me; what game do you want to play next?
- Nancy Holbrook: Fuck you!
- Freddy Krueuger: Ooh, sounds fun, but it's a little fast for me. What if we hang first?
- [Freddy grabs Nancy and makes her turn to face the bodies of her friends]
- Nancy Holbrook: No...it's not real.
- Freddy Krueger: It's real. I'm real.
- Freddy Krueger: [Nancy is screaming] Oh, that's music to my ears.
- Nancy Holbrook: I wanna wake up!
- Freddy Krueger: You can't wake up. I had to keep you awake long enough so when you finally slept, you'd never wake up again. We're gonna be in here a long time. Did you really think your boyfriend could wake you up? I'm your boyfriend now.
- Freddy Krueger: [to Quentin] Now, why don't you just fucking die?
- [As Freddy begins to kill Quentin, Nancy slices off Freddy's bladed hand, with a paper cutter blade.]
- Nancy Holbrook: It hurts, doesn't it? That's because you're in my world now, bitch!
- [Nancy slits Freddy's throat.]
- [When Nancy and Gwen are back at the house.]
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: I want you to go straight up to bed, okay?
- Nancy Holbrook: Yeah.
- [Nancy begins to go upstairs, but stops. Gwen removes her glasses and walks to the mirror.]
- Nancy Holbrook: Hey Mom? I know you were just trying to protect me. Thank you.
- [Gwen puts her bag and glasses on the table, until Freddy appears in the mirror]
- Dr. Gwen Holbrook: I'm just glad you're safe.
- [Nancy screams as Freddy kills Gwen and pull her body in the mirror.]
- Never Sleep Again.
- Don't Fall Asleep.
- Welcome to Your New Nightmare.
- He knows where you sleep.
- Jackie Earle Haley - Freddy Krueger
- Kyle Gallner - Quentin Smith
- Rooney Mara - Nancy Holbrook
- Katie Cassidy - Kris Fowles
- Thomas Dekker - Jesse Braun
- Kellan Lutz - Dean Russell
- Clancy Brown - Alan Smith
- Connie Britton - Dr. Gwen Holbrook