A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master is a 1988 film in which Freddy Krueger returns once again to terrorize the dreams of the remaining Dream Warriors, as well as those of a young woman who may know the way to defeat him for good.
- You shouldn't have buried me, I'm not dead.
- How's this for a wet dream?
- Welcome to Wonderland, Alice.
- I... am... eternal.
- No pain, no gain.
- You can check in, but you can't check out.
- Alice, come to daddy.
- Now no one sleeps.
- Wanna suck face?
- I wanna draw some blood!
- One down. Two to go.
- How sweet. Fresh meat.
- You've got their powers. I've got their souls. Come on!
- If the food don't kill ya, the service will.
- Mmm... the usual. My favorite. Mmm... Eeney, meeney, miney... MOE!
- Mmm... Rick, you little meatball. I love soul food. Bring me more.
- Your shift is over.
- Well It ain't Dr. Seuss.
- Kristen: We have matching luggage again. The bags under your eyes. Nightmares?
- Alice: Yeah.
- Kristen: God, I hate dreaming.
- Alice: Mmm. I love to dream. I just hate the ones about my Dad.
- Kristen: How do you handle your nightmares?
- Alice: My Mom taught me when I was little. Did you ever hear of the dream master?
- Kristen: Sounds like a game show host to me.
- Alice: No, it's a rhyme. Just have to dream about someplace fun. Remember, you're in control.
- Kristen: How do you know so much about dreams?
- Alice: When, when it's all you have, you kinda become an expert.
- Debbie: [in Debbie's dream] I don't believe in you.
- Freddy: I believe in you.
- Alice: [Rick comes in and sits next to Alice, who is watching a video with Rick and Kristen in it in their happier days] You made her so happy then.
- Rick: Yeah, before all this Freddy shit.
- Alice: [Turns to Rick] You know, I saw it in my dream. Th-There was this horrible man...
- Rick: [Interrupting Alice with a tone in his voice] Oh, who, Freddy? Freddy? Look, I don't want to hear about Freddy, okay? I heard it all from Kristen and I don't want to hear anymore. So just stop it.
- Alice: I could smell the smoke. I could feel the fire. It wasn't a dream it was real!
- Rick: I said stop it! She wasn't crazy and neither are you, so just stop it, please. God, why are you acting this way?
- Alice: I don't know, Rick. Something happened in the dream and now it's like she's a part of me.
- Kincaid: Kristen! Freddy's back! Freddy's back! Freddy's back!
- [Freddy stabs Kincaid in the stomach]
- Kincaid: I'll see you in hell.
- Freddy: Tell 'em Freddy sent ya.
- Elaine Parker: Something matter with the cuisine?
- Kristen: Well, Mom, I'll tell you, when two of your friends die in the same day, let me know what it does to your appetite.
- Elaine Parker: You're just tired. Don't think I haven't noticed you haven't been sleeping, young lady. That has got to stop, honey.
- Kristen: [suddenly gets up, feeling drowsy instantly] What's wrong with me?
- Elaine Parker: Adolescent anxiety. This will make it better.
- Kristen: [confused, she looks at lemonade which is murky. She drops the glass, which shatters onto the table] Oh, God! What did you do!
- Elaine Parker: Oh, please!
- [grabs mom's purse and sleeping pills fall out]
- Kristen: Jesus! Sleeping pills!
- Elaine Parker: Look Kristen, I'm sorry. It's just...
- Kristen: Sorry! Sorry after you and your tennis pals torched this guy, and now he's after me? In case you haven't been keeping score, it's his fucking banquet, and I'm the last course.
- Elaine Parker: Kristen, we went over this in therapy!
- Kristen: No mother, you just murdered me. Take that to your goddamn therapy.
- Elaine Parker: Kristen!
- [runs out of the dining room, sedated and falling]
- Freddy: [in Kristen's dream] Elm Street's last brat. Farewell.
- Kristen: We beat you before!
- Freddy: And now you're all alone! Kristen, why don't you, uh, [scrapes his nails on a pipe] call on one of your little friends? Maybe they could help.
- Kristen: Never! I'm the last!
- Freddy: Why don't you reach out and cut someone?
- Kristen: No!
- Chorus Children: Now I lay me down to sleep. The Master of Dreams my soul will keep. In the reflection of my mind's eye...
- Alice: Evil will see itself, and it shall die!
- [shines stained glass pane at Freddy]
- I feel like the script to Nightmare 4 is so tender hearted and thought out. I completely related to that character. That’s me in grade school, junior high, etc. Daydreamer, all I did was read books all summer long, looking out the window at the cute guy playing soccer in the backyard. Literally I was Alice. That was my life, so I completely related to the character and I think a lot of us can relate to the character at times in our life when we just want to be part of the wall. We just want to be wallpaper and not bring attention to ourselves and disappear into fantasy worlds. I believe a lot of people, at least a lot of people have told me that they really related to that character. But at one point in life, you have to make a decision to stand up for yourself and stand up for those that you love.
- You shouldn't have buried me, I'm not dead
- The Name's Krueger...FREDDY KRUEGER [UK]
- Terror Beyond Your Wildest Dreams.
- Tuesday Knight - Kristen Parker
- Ken Sagoes - Roland Kincaid
- Rodney Eastman - Joey Crusel
- Lisa Wilcox - Alice Johnson
- Andras Jones - Rick Johnson
- Danny Hassel - Dan Jordan
- Brooke Theiss - Debbie Stevens
- Toy Newkirk - Sheila Kopecky
- Robert Englund - Freddy Krueger
Encyclopedic article on A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master at Wikipedia
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master at Rotten Tomatoes