(Redirected from Archaeologist)
Archaeology is the study of human cultures through the recovery, documentation and analysis of material remains and environmental data, including architecture, artifacts, biofacts, human remains, and landscapes.
- He that diggeth a pit, shall fall into it.
- King James Bible Proverbs 26:27,
- Dug from the tomb of taste-refining time,
- Each form is exquisite, each block sublime.
- Or good, or bad,—disfigur’d, or deprav’d,—
- All art, is at its resurrection sav’d;
- All crown’d with glory in the critic’s heav’n,
- Each merit magnified, each fault forgiven.
- My perspective is a broad one. For me, archaeologists do not discover the past; they work on what remains. Archaeology is about our relationships with what is left of the past. And more - archaeology is the discipline of things - the history of design, how people get on with the material world, materiality itself.