Archaeology is the study of human cultures through the recovery, documentation and analysis of material remains and environmental data, including architecture, artifacts, biofacts, human remains, and landscapes.
- He that diggeth a pit, shall fall into it.
- King James Bible Proverbs 26:27,
- An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
- Agatha Christie denied having made this remark, which had been attributed to her by her second husband Sir Max Mallowan in a news report (1954-03-09)
- According to Nigel Dennis, "Genteel Queen of Crime: Agatha Christie Puts Her Zest for Life Into Murder", Life, Volume 40, N° 20, 14 May 1956, she was quoting "a witty wife".
- Dug from the tomb of taste-refining time,
- Each form is exquisite, each block sublime.
- Or good, or bad,—disfigur’d, or deprav’d,—
- All art, is at its resurrection sav’d;
- All crown’d with glory in the critic’s heav’n,
- Each merit magnified, each fault forgiven.