Babe: Pig in the City
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For other uses, see Babe.
Babe: Pig in the City is a 1998 Australian-American comedy-drama film and the sequel to the 1995 film Babe. It is co-written, produced and directed by George Miller, who co-wrote and produced the original film. It is paired with Antz.
In the heart of the city, a pig with heart. (taglines)
Babe the Pig
- Well, I have to warn you, I may be small, but I can be ferocious if provoked.
- Sorry, Boss...
Ferdinand the Duck
- Ferdinand the duck, witness to insanity.
- Face it, you're just a little pig in the big city. What can you possibly do? What can anyone do? Why even try?
Zootie the Chimpanzee
- We're going outside? Without a human? Could be kind of dangerous, you know, in a lethally sort of way.
- It's a dog-eat-dog world, and there's not enough dog to go around.
- Flealick: Well, hey, slow down. If you're not a cat, stay and chat.
- The Pitbull: [during jelly bean distribution to the hungry animals] Thank the pig.
- The Narrator: Something broke through the terror flickerings, fragments of his short life, the random events that delivered him to this, his moment of annihilation. As terror gave way to exhaustion, Babe turned to his attacker, his eyes filled with one simple question: Why?
- Bob: All I know is what I see. Tug comes in with the bag, just doin' his job, collectin' stuff, and you barge in here accusacating and making demandments.
- Thelonius: This lowly, handless, deeply unattractive mudlover is a pig.
- Farmer Hoggett: [repeated line] That'll do, pig. That'll do.
- Babe: You're very kind, but...
- The Pitbull: No, no, I'm anything but kind. In fact, I have a professional obligation to be malicious.
- Babe: Then you should change jobs.
- Thelonius: And what have we here?
- Bob: Well, um, we're in a negotiation with this naked, pink individual.
- Zootie: He's of foreign extraction, your honor.
- Easy: Possibly even an alien.
- The mice: [reading the chapter's title] "Chaos Theory."
- Mrs. Hoggett: [off-camera] PI-IG!! [the scene fades in to show Mrs. Hoggett walking through a crowded street promenade] PI-IG! PI-IG!!! Here, pig-pig-pig-pig-piggy! Here, pig, pig, pig, pig! [sternly] Pig! [her yelling draws the attention of two motorcycle cops] Pig! [wanders toward an alley] Pig! [the two motorcycle cops pull up behind her] Here, pig-pig-pig-pig-piggy!
- [Mrs. Hoggett's yelling draws the attention of a gang of hooligans on in-line skates. One skater gets up in her face]
- Skater: [in a gruff voice] Who're you callin' a pig, lady?
- Mrs. Hoggett: [nervously] Not you. Another pig. [the motorcycle cops approach] My husband's pig...
- Skater: What's in the bag? [seizes Mrs. Hoggett's purse, with her trying to pull it back] Give it here! Grrr-rrr-rr! [Mrs. Hoggett swings him and he lets go] WHOOOAAAA!!!! [runs into the motorcycle cops]
- [The skater's collision with the motorcycle cops triggers a chain reaction; people trip and fall over one another as Mrs. Hoggett watches in horror. Someone falls on a painter, making him let go of a rope; the rope loosens a very hazardous scaffolding, which two other painters are using to glue a poster onto an overhead billboard. As a result, the scaffolding goes crooked and makes two buckets of glue and one painter slide down, leaving him dangling. In the process, the painter accidentally knocks the other painter off the billboard]
- Painter: Whooa! GAAAAAH!!!! [falls from the billboard, pulling down half the poster. He lands on a wooden board, launching a third bucket of glue, which lands directly on Mrs. Hoggett's head, dousing her in glue]
- Mrs. Hoggett: Oh, dear. [a dwarfed hooligan steals her purse] Oh!
- The Pink Poodle: Please. Please. I know you're different from the others. Those that have had their way with me make their empty promises, but they are all lies. And I'm afraid and terribly, terribly tired.
- Babe: Where's your human?
- The Pink Poodle: My humans belong to someone else now. Someone younger and prettier.
- Babe: [in a dark alley, just past a "Beware: Savage Dogs" sign] Hello? Anybody home? [dogs growling from the shadows] Anybody else?
- The Doberman: [hiding in the shadows] You must have a really thin grasp on reality... [comes out into the light] ...unless, of course, you're suicidal...
- Babe: [nervously] I was only looking for some sheep.
- The Doberman: I warned you.
- [a Bull Terrier comes out of he shadows in attempts to attack Babe, as does the Doberman]
- Babe: Open up, please. Open this door.
- Zootie: You got a problem, sweetie?
- Babe: Um... uh...
- Bob: Who is it, honey?
- Zootie: It's, uh... kind of a baldy, pinky, whitey thingy.
- Snoop: I'm a sniffer, ya see. A fully qualified, triple-certificated sniffer.
- Babe: Oh.
- Snoop: It's all in the hooter, the schnoz, the olfactory instrument. You could be a sniffer with a schnoz like that.
- Bob: Hey, dogs, you got any edibles? Any nibbley-dibbleys?
- Flealick: Eh, we got a carpet here with some nice spaghetti stains.
- Nigel: But we can't keep licking the carpet, can we, Alan?
- This little pig went to the city...
- In the heart of the city, a pig with heart.
- Magda Szubanski as Esme Cordelia Hoggett
- Mary Stein as Miss Floom
- James Cromwell as Arthur Hoggett
- Mickey Rooney as Fugly Floom
- Paul Livingston as the Angry Hot Headed Chef
- Julie Godfrey as Hortense
- E.G. Daily as Babe the pig
- Danny Mann as Ferdinand, a white Indian Runner duck
- Roscoe Lee Browne as the Narrator
- Glenne Headly as Zootie the chimpanzee
- Steven Wright as Bob the chimpanzee
- James Cosmo as Thelonius the orangutan
- Stanley Ralph Ross as The Bull Terrier and The Doberman
- Russi Taylor as The Pink Poodle and a Choir Cat
- Myles Jeffrey as Easy the chimpanzee
- Adam Goldberg as Flealick the Jack Russell Terrier
- Eddie Barth as Nigel the Bulldog and Alan the Mastiff
- Bill Capizzi as Snoop the Beagle
- Miriam Margolyes as Fly the Border Collie
- Hugo Weaving as Rex the Border Collie
- Jim Cummings as a Pelican
- Katie Leigh as a Kitten
- Charles Bartlett as a Cow
- Michael Edward-Stevens as a Horse
- Nathan Kress as Easy and a Tough Pup
- Al Mancini and Larry Moss as Fishes
- Naomi Watts as Additional Voices