The film was directed by Steve Oedekerk, who was also the principal scriptwriter, and stars the voices of Kevin James, Courteney Cox, Sam Elliot, Danny Glover, Andie MacDowell and Wanda Sykes. Most of the production was carried out in San Clemente, California. It was distributed in Switzerland, Spain and Netherlands by Universal Pictures.
The film is the second Nickelodeon film to be spun-off into a TV series, the first being Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius.
- Put the chick down, Dag!
- HEY!!!! [Lord of the Hoof horses stopped dancing, one goes off the stage] Have you all lost your mind?! It's daylight! The farmer's gonna be back! This is so off limits!
- [after seeing the farmer come in after dancing with Wild Mike on stage] Uh, moo?
- [After pushing Snotty Boy off his bed] That's called boy tipping! HA-HA-HA!!!!
- [After Miles kicks the farmer the third time] Will you... stop... doing... that?!?! [Miles: Well, unless you get him a blindfold, I'm gonna kick him.] Okay, let's go.
- Pip the Mouse: I got a pulse. Wheeee!
- Freddy the Ferret: Yeah, hi. Hey, there. Having a good day? So, uh, this was Otis' idea?
- Peck the Rooster: Oh, yeah. We're like the second line of defense. We see or hear anything suspicious. and I just signal Otis with a crow. Oh, oh. And i've really been working on it. Listen. [he clears his throat, then crows weakly for much longer, then squeaks] Well, you you know, in the moment, it'll be strong. But for now, we just stand watch.
- Freddy the Ferret: Yeah, watch.
- Ben: Otis, a strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others.
- Dag the Coyote: See you around. [laughs] Get it, "round"? You're fat.
- Otis: Chicken farm!
- Pip: Oh, I get it. We can't yell "tree" or "rock", but you get to yell "chicken farm".
- Pizza Delivery Guy: Dude, I got an ARM!
- Mrs. Beady: Randall, there is a cow outside.
- Mr. Beady: This is a cow farm. You're going to find cows outside.
- Otis: That's what you call boy tipping!
- Mrs. Beady: Nathan Randall the third, I am not crazy. I am medicated for a chemical imbalance. Don't you sit there and think that I am crazy.
- Ben: Grey market goods. As if I needed to say it again, the purchase of human articles from the gopher underground is strictly prohibited.
- Otis: [Otis cellphone] Hello, motto!
- [start to play the Motorola tune, Otis coyly answers]
- Gopher: Hey, Otis! [giggles] Listen, I think your Nikes are...
- Otis: [whispering] Yeah. This, really isn't the best time...
- Daisy: ["feels" her stomach] Oh, my... I think, the baby's coming!
- Otis: WHAT?
- Daisy: [giggles] I made you jump.
- Otis: Oh, thank you. Very much. I swallowed my cud!
- Daisy: [laughs, then looks up at the stars] It's so... beautiful...
- Otis: My cud?
- Pig: [watching Daisy giving birth] Man, that looks like it hurts.
- Duke: Oh, that's very profound, "Insight Man".
- Pig: Well, excuse me for being a pig!
- Vision Freddy: Come and get it! [dings the triangle]
- [Otis and the Jersey Cows are driving recklessly in a car]
- Eddy: Put crowns on our heads, cause we are the kings! [turns on the radio, the song "You Got to Move" plays. The cows start banging their heads, Eddy honks the car horn]
- Cows: [singing] You got to MOO!
You got to MOO!
You got to MOO!
You got to MOO!
- Ben: Put the hen down, Dag!
- Dag the Coyote: Sure Ben. Whatever you say. Were just doing a little courting, that's all! You know how much we like the hens! [laughs evilly]
- Pip: [jumps on a coyote's back] Yoo hoo! [Coyote growls] You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to go right in your ear! [jumps in the coyote's ear]
- Coyote: [screams] There's a mouse in my ear, there's a mouse in my ear!
- Dag: Well, look at the hero! You thought you could come into my den! Now, why don't you lay there and watch while we eat your friends! [laughs evilly]
- Otis: Remember me? I'm Ben's kid. [threatens to punch Dag. Dag starts to quiver, and Otis does not punch him, but gets in his face] Never... come... back. [Dag whimpers while nodding his head. Otis drops Dag] Pip?
- Pip: Eh, better go with the iron.
- [Otis takes a iron golf club and whacks Dag with it. Dag goes flying out of the junkyard while howling]
- Otis: Never come back.
- Kevin James as Otis the Cow
- David Koechner as Dag the Coyote
- Jeff Garcia as Pip the Mouse
- Sam Elliott as Ben the Cow
- Courteney Cox as Daisy the Cow
- Tino Insana as Pig
- Dom Irrera as Duke the Dog
- Cam Clarke as Freddy the Cat
- Danny Glover as Miles the Donkey
- Wanda Sykes as Bessie the Cow
- S. Scott Bullock, Maurice LaMarche and John DiMaggio as The Jersey Cows
- John DiMaggio as Officer O'Hanlon
- Lloyd Sherr as Everett the Dog
- Andie MacDowell as Etta the Hen
- Rob Paulsen as Peck the Rooster and Wild Mike
- Madeline Lovejoy as Maddy the Chick
- Nathaniel Stroman as Root the Rooster
- Steve Oedekerk as Eugene Beady
- Steve Oedekerk and Maria Bamford as Mr. and Mrs. Beady
- Jill Talley as Snotty Boy's Mother
- Fred Tatasciore as The Farmer
- Laraine Newman and Katie Leigh as Snotty Boy's Friends
- Steve Oedekrek as Eugene Beady
- Fred Tatasciore as Farmer Buyer
- Rob Paulsen and Steve Oedekerk as The Pizza Twins
- Jane Krakowski as Female Coyote