Hotel Transylvania is a 2012 American computer-animated comedy film produced by Sony Pictures Animation and distributed by Columbia Pictures. It was directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, the creator of Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, and Sym-Bionic Titan, and produced by Michelle Murdocca.
The film tells a story of Dracula, the owner of Hotel Transylvania, where the world's monsters can take a rest from human civilization. Dracula invites some of the most famous monsters, including Frankenstein's monster, Mummy, a Werewolf family, and the Invisible Man, to celebrate the 118th birthday of his daughter Mavis. When the hotel is unexpectedly visited by an ordinary young traveler named Jonathan, Dracula must protect Mavis from falling in love with him before it's too late.
Released on September 28, 2012, the film was met with mixed critical reception, while the audience gave it a very positive grade.
- [first line, to Baby Mavis] Peekaboo!! [Baby Mavis starts to cry] No, no, no, no, I didn't mean to startle you, my little baby. Shh, shh. [Singing] Hush, little vampire, don't say a word. Papa's gonna bite the head off a bird
- Oh, We Never Go Out There, Ever.
- Welcome to Hotel Transylvania!
- [to Big Foot] It's okay. We all get stomachaches, Mr. Big Foot.
- [to a zombie] Hey, you don't need the mannequin! Put the mannequin back!
- [to a picture of a human child eating ice cream] EVIL VILLAIN, YOU WILL NEVER WIN!
- [repeated line] House-keeping!
- Listen to me! You are never to return here! You are to stay away and never tell humans about this place, or I will track you down and suck every ounce of blood from your body, until you look like a DEFLATED WHOOPEE-CUSHION!
- [angrily] Enough, enough, stop. Go to a corner, You're In A Time-Out!!!
- They Are The Real Monsters.
- BECAUSE THE VILLAGE DOESN'T REALLY EXIST!!!
- [after seeing a scene in a Twilight movie] This how we're represented? Unbelievable.
- [repeated line] Holy rabies!
- [to the zombies dressed as humans] Oh, hi, humans.
- [rehearsing in front of her mirror] Dad, you said when I turn to 118, I can go out to the world like every adult who likes to come and go from this hotel [imitates her father] "But Mavey-Wavey, it's not safe. Bleh-bleh-bleh."
- [while watching her first sunrise] This is the most incredible thing I've ever seen!
- [after visiting the village] They have garlic - On bread!
- THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
- [enters the Hotel for the first time] Yeah!
- Whoa, Check out these awesome costumes!
- [in a Johnny-Stein disguise] CHECK IT OUT, I'M A FRANKEN-HOMIE!! LOOK AT ME!!
- Can I meet the Invisible Man? Hey, if I stick my hand in the Invisible Man's mouth, would it disappear?
- Can Frankenstein sign my costume?
- One time in Hamburg, I roomed with this dude, who I caught stealing my shampoo, and I said "Whoa, man!" Then he threw a flower pot at me, but he was cool.
- [Dracula saves him from Quasimodo] Hey, Thanks for saving me back there. That guy was CRAZY! Trying to eat me? That's only happened to me one other time; this weird dude from a Slipknot concert.
- [Dracula gets dunked in the pool] Oh, man. I guess the Count wanted to go for a swim. [He and other monsters laugh]
- [jumps of the diving board] WHOO! CANNONBALL!!
- [to Mavis, as she's taking him to a secret place, referring to Dracula] He's not gonna see me, is he?
- [from trailer, to Mavis] I think you're dad's really starting to like me.
- [after seeing a human dressed up as a monster] That... was trippy as shiiiii.
- [jumps off the diving board] GERONIMO!!!
- [about Johnny] I really liked Johnny, cousin or no. He told fun stories.
- [Having just given a deafening roar to a cheering crowd] I'M TRYING TO SCARE YOU! THE REAL FRANKENSTEIN!
- Yeah, it's a mess back there.
- Hey kids, reel it in! You're only supposed to make Mom and Dad miserable!
- Elder Gremlin: [repeated line; after she eats something in one bite] I didn't do that.
- Suit of Armor: [Quasimodo kicks his groin] OW! [pause] Why did that hurt me?
- [Dracula is at the door do Mavis's bedroom]
- Shrunken head: Oh, I'm glad you could make it.
- Dracula: Is she up yet?
- Shrunken head: Oh, she's up. She's ready to go. And by go, I mean go. As in, go check the world out. What you gonna do? What you gonna say?
- Dracula: I got it covered. Please, relax. Just do your job. [Opens the door] Good morning, Mavey Wavey! Happy Birthday, my little mouse!
- Mavis: Thank you, Dad. I know it's my birthday.
- Dracula: I have so much fun planned. Whoo-hoo! But first, we go catch some scorpions together, just the two of us, yes, Dead Ums?
- Mavis: Dad, please, let me speak. There's something we have to talk about.
- Dracula: You want to go out into the world. You can.
- Mavis: Aha! I knew you were gonna say that. But, Dad, you gave me your word, you know that I know that a Dracula's word is sacred. That our trust is the core of our- Wait, what?
- Dracula: I said you can go.
- Mavis: You're just playing with me.
- Dracula: No, no, no, no. You're old enough to drive a hearse now, you're old enough to make your own choices. You can go.
- Mavis: Holy Rabies! Holy Rabies! [rushes to the closet and packs her suitcase and turns into bat form and starts to fly out the window but...]
- Dracula: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop. Wait a second, sweetfangs. Where are you going?
- Mavis: Oh, well, I'm going to paradise, and this is just some stuff that I thought I would need.
- Dracula: Paradise?
- Mavis: [turns back into human form] Yeah, you know. It's the place out there where you and Mom met. Auntie Wanda says you two were just like, Zing!
- Dracula: I don't know from Zing. Where did you find that card?
- Dracula: It's actually Hawaii.
- Mavis: [confused] Ha-what-what?
- Dracula: Look, honey, I know your excited, but everyone has gone to great lengths to come see you on your birthday.
- Mavis: I know. They always do. [turns back into bat form] but aren't I getting a little old for those parties. I love them but I really want to see new things. Maybe meet somebody my age.
- Dracula: Come on. No,no, don't do that. Don't give me the pouty batface. Okay, there is a human village just a little ways past the cemetery. You could go there and be back in, like, 30 minutes or so. It should be plenty for your first time.
- Mavis: [sighs] Well, it's not Ha-wee-wee, but I guess it's still technically out there. Okay, okay, okay. [flies back in the window and turns back into human form and hugs her dad] Thanks for trusting me. Of course, little one, I gave you my word.
- [Jonathan crashes into Mavis, then they look into each other's eyes and they feel a 'zing'; Dracula gets in the way]
- Dracula: [concerned] Mavis, honey, are you all right?
- Mavis: [dazed] Yeah, I think so. That was weird...
- Jonathan: [groaning] Oh, my head hurts...
- Mavis: [curious] Um, who is that?
- Dracula: [nervous] Who is what? Oh! Oh, that? That is uh... nobody.
- Mavis: [deadpan] Seriously, Dad?
- Jonathan: [suprised] Dad?
- Mavis: Yeah, I know. Dracula's daughter. Everybody freaks out at first.
- Jonathan: [hysterical] DRACULA?!?!
- Dracula: OK, we gotta go.
[Dracula quickly takes Jonathan away leaving Mavis completely suspicious. Dracula opens the door to his bedroom and Jonathan screams in horror]
- Jonathan: Please, don't kill me! I'm so young! I have so many places I want to see. I've got tickets to six Dave Matthews Band concerts. I'm getting out of here! [Jonathan opens the cellar door and Glen roared at Jonathan potentially to make him scream]
- Dracula: [To John] Shut up already. It's impossible for me to think with all your noise. Sorry, Glen. Go back to sleep. [Dracula closes the cellar door and Glen roared down the bottom]
- Jonathan: Uh, can I just ask; what exactly is this place?
- Dracula: "What is this place?" [goes to the window opens it and speaks in a dramatic manner] It is a place I build for all those monsters out there lurking in the shadows, hiding from the persecution of human kind. A place for them and their families to come to and free themselves. A place void of torches, pitchforks and angry mobs! A place of peace, relaxation and tranquility.
- Jonathan: Cool, so it's like a hotel for monsters?
- Dracula: [pause; slightly annoyed] Yes, exactly. A hotel for monsters. Way to sum it up.
[Dracula, in bat form, is carrying Jonathan and heads out the window]
- Mavis: [suddenly appears] Hi!
- Dracula: [surprised] MAVEY! Wh-- What are you doing, my sweet little blood orange? Our friend was just leaving.
- Jonathan: Yeah, he was flying me out the window.
- Dracula: [nervously laughs, then takes Johnny back inside] This guy is so funny. [turns into human and moves Jonathan away from the window] Oh, look there's something on your face. [to Johnny, in a soft tense tone] Play along if you ever want to see your precious backpack. [Mavis flies in through the window and turns back into her human form]
- Jonathan: [amazed] Whoa. So, wait, you didn't have any clothes on when you were a bat? Or were they bat-sized?
- Mavis: [looking slightly freaked out] Who exactly is that?
- Dracula: [whimpers while thinking of a lie, then...] Honey bat, you see, it's your birthday, and, you know, I want you to have the bestest, specialest party of your life. So... well... I... needed some help.
- Mavis: You needed help?
- Dracula: Well, look, I am pretty good, but, I thought that it would be even more bestest, specialest if someone closer to your age helped plan the party.
- Mavis: [excited, to Johnny] You're my age?
- Jonathan: Sure! Uh, well, how old are you?
- Mavis: 118.
- Jonathan: [hysterical] ONE HUNDRED AND-- [Dracula elbows him] Ugh! [strained] Yeah, uh... I'm 121.
- Mavis: [excited]' Really?
- Jonathan: [nods] Mmm-hmmm.
- Dracula: [to Mavis] You see? Everything is very, very normal. I'm throwing a party and he is helping.
- Suit of Armor: [after Jonathan tries his helmet on] Boy, that kid SMELLED!
- Jonathan: So, can I ask you a question? Is that real, about the garlic thing?
- Dracula: Yes, I cannot have it. My throat swells.
- Jonathan: Huh. Wooden stake to the heart?
- Dracula: Yeah, well, who wouldn't that kill?
- Dracula: Deviled lizard fingers? I asked for spleens-in-blankets.
- Quasimodo: YOU UGLY FOOL! I told you! He doesn't like the lizard fingers.
- Gargoyle Waiter: But you said... [Quasimodo slams the plate on top of his head]
- Jonathan: [sees Skeleton Wife and approaches her] Whoa! Check that costume out! Wow, seriously, I just have to ask: HOW are you pulling this off? I mean, it looks so real, like I- [Reaches his hand through her chest] I could just reach my hand through and...
- [Skeleton Wife shrieks and slaps Jonathan]
- Skeleton Husband: [appears; angrily to Jonathan] What do you think you're doing??
- Jonathan: [frightened with realization] Uh-- She's... She's real! You're real!
- Skeleton Husband: Yeah, and I'll give you a real BEATING! KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF MY WIFE!! [shoves Jonathan and he bumps into Big Foot, then he looks up to see his face and starts shreiking]
- Dracula: [hears Jonathan screaming and turns to see he's not behind him anymore] OH NO! [Heads out to find him]
- Jonathan: [realizes the monsters around him are real; hysterically] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
- [Dracula and Jonathan are in the catacombs, and Dracula sees another door]
- Dracula: Oh, boy. I think this is it. [opens the door and it shows the Skeleton Wife having a shower]
- Skeleton Wife: [notices them] AHHH! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!
- Dracula: [gasps] I am terribly sorry! Uh, my mistake!
- Skeleton Husband: [bursts in] WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! [throws a loofah at Dracula and the door closes]
- [Frankenstein spots Johnny and threateningly advances toward him, and Dracula gets in his way]
- Frankenstein: [points at Jonathan] WHO is THAT?
- Jonathan: [whispering to Dracula] Are these monsters gonna kill me?
- Dracula: [whispering to Jonathan] Not as long as they think you're a monster.
- Jonathan: Huh? That's kinda racist.
- Dracula: We'll talk later.
- [Dracula just forced Jonathan to leave and then he disappears]
- Jonathan: I can't believe I'm leaving, man. I could've been so great! Dude, you ruined everything! Suck MY blood? Should've said, "I'm staying, old man!" Give him a Bruce Lee kick. BOOM! Right in the f-- [A bat appears and Jonathan wails] AH! Oh my god! Count Dracula, please, don't kill me! I'm leaving, I'm leaving! [Looks up and the bat turned out to be Mavis, who is now in human form] Oh.
- Mavis: [softly] Follow me.
- Jonathan: Oh... No, no. Mavis, I can't. I have to leave.
- Mavis: You sure? It'll be fun.
- Jonathan: [quickly] Okay.
- Martha: Your zing will come, my love. Cherish it. Love, Mommy.
- Jonathan: [to Mavis, who's approaching him closely so she could kiss him] Um, Mavis? I am crazily scared right now.
- Mavis: [lovingly] Maybe that's a good thing. [kisses him]
- Dracula: [A suit of armor alerts Dracula to Mavis kissing Jonathan, and he is enraged; then quickly separates them and snarls at Jonathan] HOW COULD YOU?! AFTER I SHARED MY PAIN WITH YOU?!?!
- Jonathan: [frightened] But-- No--
- Mavis: Dad, it was just a kiss.
- Dracula: No! You're not allowed to kiss!
- Mavis: Dad, I'm allowed to do things. I'm not 83 anymore. I'm allowed to like people or go see the world again.
- Dracula: WHAT?! You saw it! You-You said you didn't LIKE it!
- Mavis: Maybe I want to give the village another chance. I need to learn, you know; how roll with it like Johnny does.
- Dracula: No, you can't go to the village, again!
- Mavis: Maybe we can make them see that we can be friends.
- Dracula: No, that isn't possible!
- Mavis: Well you can't be sure. It's all about how you present yourself!
- Dracula: NO! That won't make a difference!
- Mavis: How do you know?
- Dracula: Because it just won't!
- Mavis: WHY? Why WON'T it?
- Dracula: BECAUSE THE VILLAGE DOESN'T REALLY EXIST!!!!
[Mavis, and everybody else is now in a state of shock]
- Mavis: What do you mean... "doesn't exist"?
- Frankenstein: [He and the others approach Dracula] What did you do?
- Dracula: I-- [Defiantly] I did what I had to do.
- Mavis: [Demanding] What was it? What exactly did you have to do? TELL ME!
- Dracula: I-- I built the town, the staff put it all together, the... the zombies dressed up as the townspeople. [Mavis heartbrokenly wanders, and Dracula follows her] Please! If you really went out there, and something happened to you, I, I... I just couldn't live with myself!
- Mavis: [Angrily faces him] But you could live with this? Lying to me; tricking me? Keeping me here forever when you knew my dream was to go?
[Dracula opens his mouth to say something, but we hear a muffled noise]
- Quasimodo: [Enters the ballroom] Liar! Liar!
[Dracula makes an Uh-oh face]
- Murray: Oil?
- Quasimodo: Uh-uh-uh! [Muffled speech]
- Eunice: English please. Your voice is really annoying.
- Fly: Wait, I speak frozen. He says, Dracula has brought a human into the hotel.
- Pookie: A human!
- Gremlin: Stay close, Pookie!
[Johnny starts to walk out the doors but they shut and he sees Esmeralda; Quasimodo has a muffled speech]
- Fly: He says, There is ze human. He has a french accent.
[Johnny and Dracula and other Monsters gasp]
- Frankenstein: Johnny's not a human. He's my right arms cousin. He's lying.
- Griffin: Yeah. And why is he picking his nose?
[Quasimodo has a muffled speech] Fly: He says, "It's a long story.
- Johnny: [To Esmaralda, who's running amok in his face and hair] Hey! Wait! No! Get off me! [Esmaralda squeeks, as she wipes away Johnny's make-up, completely blowing his cover] Ew!
[Quasimodo has a muffled speech] Fly: He says, Behold ze human. [The entire crowd screams and runs in panic]
- Frankenstein: [Horrified] I don't beleive it.
[Mavis and Johnny see each other; Mavis walks closer to him, as he gives a worried and regretful expression]
- Mavis: Is it true? Are you a human?
- Jonathan: [guilty] Yeeeessss. I'm so sorry...
- Mavis: [hugs him lovingly] I don't care! I still want to be with you.
- Jonathan: [Sighs in relief and wants to hug her back until he sees Dracula looking really worried, and he remembers what he told him earlier] Uh... Well, TOUGH! 'Cause I don't want to be with you, because... you're a monster! [Mavis gasps] And I hate monsters! [Heads to the door] GOODBYE! [ As he leaves, he scares Murray by trying to give him a Bruce Lee kick]
- Murray: Please, don't hurt me!
[Jonathan gives Mavis one last glare of hatred and heads out the door. Dracula tries to comfort the heartbroken Mavis, but she angrily wheels around and faces him]
- Mavis: THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! [She turns into a bat and flees the room. The other monsters, also angry with Dracula for his lies, leave the room, as well]
[Dracula and his friends are driving to the human world to claim Jonathan back, but they soon run into a lone sheep blocking the road]
- Dracula: SHEEP!
[Griffin, the Invisible Man, quickly twists the wheel in panic and the car runs off the road, crashing down the hill until it reaches a small mountain freeway]
- Griffin: Whoo! High-Five! Don't leave me hanging.
- Dracula: [Sees a flock of more sheep up ahead] AAAAAAH! LOTS OF SHEEP! [Griffin stops the car]
- Wayne: I got this one! [Gets out of the car, devours the whole flock of sheep in 2 seconds, then comes back in the car, belching a tuft of wool out; The others, looking horrified at the sight, give Wayne a disgusted glare] What? Now there's no sheep in the road. Let's go!
- Murray: [Bitter] That was pretty sick, man.
- Wayne: You eat lamb chops; it's the same thing! We don't have time for this! Come on, let's move it! [They all drive off]
[Dracula and Jonathan are walking in the catacombs trying to find a way out]
- Jonathan: Oh, wow, this place is amazing!
- Dracula: OK, I could really use some silence right now.
- Frankenstein: Drac.
- Dracula: Yes, Frankie?
- Frankenstein: Hey, buddy, what you been doing?
- Dracula: [to Jonathan] Don't move. [to Frankenstein] Never mind that. what you been doing?
- Wayne: We wanted to practice our big number for Mavis's party,and then these losers wouldn't get off the bandstand.
- Dracula: Okay. put down Zombie Mozart,Bach and Beethoven this instant.
- [Frankenstein and Wayne throw them]
- Dracula: [to Zombie Beethoven] Did you get to rehearse at all, Zombie Beethoven?
- Zombie Beethoven: Eh eh eh eh
- Wayne: Listen, Drac, we wanted to play something, like old times. We even thought maybe you'd sing with us.
- Dracula: Come on, fellas. You know that I haven't sung in public since Martha.
- Frankenstein: Yeah, but we just thought how much,you know Mavis would love it.
- Dracula: I said no! [roars with his monster face] Don't ask me again! Okay. Now, let's hug the zombies. Let's all make up.
- Wayne: [to Frankenstein] Wow. he really scared you.
- Frankenstein: I wasn't scared. I was being polite, okay?
[Jonathan, in his Johnny-Stein disguise, is imitating Frankenstein]
- Frankenstein: [To Dracula] Is-- Is he making fun of me?
- Dracula: No, no! Of course not, because he's... [Stops Johnny from imitating]
- Mavis: He's your cousin, Johnny-Stein.
- Dracula: [Playing along] Yes, yes, yes!
- Frankenstein: I don't have no cousin.
- Dracula: No, no, you do. He's your sixth cousin; three times removed.
- Jonathan: [Hold's up his right arm] On your right arm side.
- Frankenstein: [To his right arm] You have a cousin?
- Dracula: Frank, if your arm can talk, it would tell you that the original owner of your arm had a brother...
- Jonathan: ...Who married a woman....
- Dracula: ...Who was-- [Makes killing gesture]
- Jonathan: For strangling a pig.
- Frankenstein: I have pig strangling blood in my arm?! That's kinda cool. Well, Coz, great to meet you. [Shakes Johnny's hand, but his whole body's shaken multiple times hitting the floor]
- Mavis: [Giggles]
- Griffin: [Approaches Johnny] So, what brings you here, Johnny?
- Jonathan: [Frightened] AHH! Who's that?!
- Griffin: Oh, sorry. I should really clear my throat when I speak. Anyway, what brings you here?
- Jonathan: [Nervous] Oh, uh... Party Planner?
- Dracula: [Playing along] Yes! I've recruited Mr. uh... Stein here to help me with Mavis' birthday party.
- Murray: Wait a minute. You asked someone to help you?
- Wayne: Captain Control Freak?
- Dracula: It's "Count"... and yes, I thought having a Mavis contemporary would be useful.
- Jonathan: Yeah, he totally needed a fresher perspective. [Dracula glares at him]
- Wayne: Ok, Johnny, Mr. Tight coffin over here was planning to have these powdered lame-oz play at the party.
- Frankenstein: So, anyways, we thought we could liven things up a bit.
- Jonathan: Whoa! You all play? Let's check you guys out.
- [Frankenstein and Murray are singing]
- Frankenstein: Girl I can't believe it's your big night
- [Griffin is playing the drums]
- Murray: Seems like only yesterday you were eating mosquitos
- Griffin, Wayne, Murray: But now your eating frogs and mice
- Frankenstein: Scarfing them down like doritos
- All: Tell me where did the time go,girl
- Jonathan: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on guys. Stop. That's cute, but kind of old school.
- Dracula: Yes, thank you,Johnny.
- Jonathan:You got to totally tempo things up. Here let me show you. Werewolf man, give me a jam!
- [Wayne gives Johnny a jam]
- Jonathan: Two,three,four! Vampire girl with the fangy fangs/ hair real cute with the bangy bangs/ little princess gonna be a queen/ legal bat lady turning 118! 118! Say 118!
- Audience: 118!
- Jonathan: Yeah! Stage dive!
- [Jonathan stage dives to the floor]
- Jonathan: Awesome.
- Mavis:I'm so blown away right now.
- Frankenstein:I think my cuz is gonna make this the best party ever!
- Murray: Yeah! Maybe he can find a way to get me some chicks.
- Audience: We should do a dance contest.
- Dracula: We're not doing any of that. we've got to stay on schedule. all right?
- Mavis:[To Dracula] All right, Dad, all right. [To Johnny] Johnny, you're coming, too.
- Jonathan: I don't know. Is it cool with Dracula?
- All: Johnny come with us.
[Dracula and his friends are relaxing in the sauna talking to each other]
- Wayne: When's that Johnny kid gonna be done party planning? He's a real hang.
- Frankenstein: Yeah, he's an animal, and it was so nice seeing Mavis laughing and hitting it off with him.
- Dracula: [In denial] Who's hitting what off? Please! Mavis could never be with... someone of HIS kind.
- Frankenstein: [Confused] I'm sorry? "His kind"? [Getting upset] You're saying our kind's not good enough for you, *Your LORDSHIP*?
- Dracula: [Nervous] No, no, no! Frank, I didn't... I meant that she wouldn't be into someone with... uh... such, red, curly hair.
- Griffin: [Getting upset] Uh... What's wrong with red, curly hair?
- Dracula: Why are you getting so upset?
- Griffin: [Angrily] I have red, curly hair!!
- Dracula: [Angry] WELL, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT?!?! [In a later scene; Nervous] Look, settle down, fellas. This is all a moot point. You see, Johnny... He left.
- Murray: [Surprised] Wait a minute. He left?
- Dracula: Yes! He decided he didn't like Mavis, or any of us.
[Jonathan falls through the roof after having a romantic scene with Mavis, and lands on Dracula's lap; Dracula is scared at first, then gives Jonathan an angry glare]
- Jonathan: [Smiles nervously] Hi...
- Frankenstein: Hmm, I guess Johnny had second thoughts.
- Mavis: [still heartbroken and in tears after Johnny left] I thought we zinged, Dad.
- Dracula: [surprised] You and Johnny?
- Mavis: I guess it was only me. But you should be happy, Dad. There's no reason for me to leave. I have no more dreams. I'm just like you now.
- Dracula: [still annoyed by what Dracula Nerd said] "Bleh, bleh, bleh!"
- Frankenstein: Imagine if that guy was talking to the real Drac. He'd run for the hills!
- Murray: [realizes to their advantage] Hold it now, Hold it now! That sounds spot on! Well the only way they'd know the real us is if we show the real us!
- Dracula: This could work.
- Frankenstein: You mean, we scare 'em? We haven't scared people in centuries. I don't think I have it in me, anymore! [practices roaring but ends up weakening his voice] I got nothing, I really got nothing.
- Griffin: Let's just move this along. [ignites a match and sets it between Frank's eyes and Frank begins to roar monstrously and after climbing to the shoulders of his inflated balloon statue, gives a deafening roar across the town that causes the whole watching crowd to cover their ears]
- Dracula: Jonathan! Jonathan, can you hear me?! [sees a twilight movie on the plane] This is how we're represented. Unbelievable. Jonathan! Jonathan, can you hear me?!
- Jonathan: [notices] Whoa, bat! Wait, it's talking. Dracula, is that you?
- Dracula: [mouthing from other side] I am sorry!
- Jonathan: Huh? Dracula-- [on Dracula's side] I can't understand you!
- Dracula: What? My hand's in a tan shoe?
- Jonathan: [on his side] What? Japan's eating lamb stew? [Dracula makes an irritated look, realizing this is getting them nowhere] Hey, do you know you're smoking?
[Dracula flies to the plane's windshield to make an announcement for Jonathan]
- Pilot: What the heck? How'd a bat get up this high?
- Pilot: Folks, I'm gonna turn on the seat belt sign just a precaution while we- [Dracula uses his magic powers to tell the pilot that he wants to take over his voice] While we hear a special announcement for my dear friend Jonathan.
- Jonathan: Dracula?
- Pilot: [manipulated by Dracula] My dear boy, I have made a terrible mistake. I was trying to keep my baby to myself, because I knew I would always protect her. But I realize now children need to discover things for themselves. They'll stumble and fall; laugh and cry, but, such is life. The truth is: You and Mavis are meant to be. You zinged! If she must give her trust to someone else, I'm thankful that it is you, Jonathan. I hope you can hear me, and forgive me.
- Plane Crowd: [sees Dracula in bat form outside the window] AHHHHH!
[Jonathan sees Dracula outside the window also, and gives him a smile and a thumbs up to show his acceptance of Dracula's apology; Dracula smiles also]
- Pilot: [still manipulated by Dracula] OK, folks, we're going to make a quick turnaround to... refuel, and then we will be back on our way. [crowd groans angrily] QUIT YOUR WHINING! I'm burning up out here!
- Dracula: You know, Mommy already gave you her birthday present. Can I now give you mine? [shows Mavis a black and pink backpack with the hotel's logo on it]
- Mavis: [confused] What do I need this for?
- Dracula: Oh, it comes with an accessory. [turns the backpack and reveals a smiling Jonathan]
- Mavis: [shocked] You?
- Jonathan: [lovingly] You.
- Mavis: Why are you back?
- Jonathan: 'Cause you're my zing, Mavis.
- Mavis: [suprised] I'm you're zing? But... you told me you hate monsters.
- Jonathan: Yeah, well... I was afraid your dad was going to suck all the blood out of my body if I didn't say that.
- Dracula: [laughs nervously] I wouldn't have! I-- [defeated] No, he's right, I would've done that...
- Mavis: Dad!
- Jonathan: Can we try that kiss over again?
- Mavis: [giggles] I think we can.
- [Mavis and Jonathan lean to kiss but Dracula snarls with his monster face and the two blankly stare at him]
- Dracula: [looking embarrassed] Sorry! I-- I just... I gotta get use to that. Now go. Do... do your thing.
- [Dracula hastily leaves as Mavis and Jonathan make their best kiss]
- Where monsters come to get away from it all.
- Even monsters need vacation.
- Adam Sandler — Dracula (voice)
- Selena Gomez — Mavis (voice+singing)
- Andy Samberg — Jonathan/Johnny/Johnny-stein (voice+singing)
- Kevin James — Frankenstein (voice)
- Cee Lo Green — Murray (voice)
- Steve Buscemi — Wayne (voice)
- Molly Shannon — Wanda (voice)
- David Spade — Griffin the Invisible Man (voice)
- Fran Drescher — Eunice (voice)
- Jon Lovitz — Quasimodo (voice)
- Chris Parnell — Fly (voice)
- Brian George — Suit of Armor (voice)
- Brian Stack — Pilot (voice)
- Jackie Sandler — Martha (voice)
- Sadie Sandler — Young Mavis/Winnie (voices)
- Rob Riggle — Skeleton Husband (voice)
- Paul Brittain — Zombie (voice)
- Frank Welker - Glen (voice)
- Jim Cummings - Demon Farmer (voice; uncredited)
- Robert Smigel — Fake Dracula/Marty (voices)
- Jonny Solomon — Gremlin Man (voice)
- Brian McCann — Hairy Monster (voice)