Selena Gomez (born July 22, 1992) is an American actress and singer. Born and raised in Grand Prairie, Texas, she was first featured on the children's series Barney & Friends in the early 2000s. In 2007, Gomez came to prominence after being cast in the Disney Channel television series Wizards of Waverly Place. She portrayed the starring character Alex Russo until its conclusion in 2012. She formed her band Selena Gomez & the Scene after signing a recording contract with Hollywood Records in 2008; they released the studio albums Kiss & Tell (2009), A Year Without Rain (2010), and When the Sun Goes Down (2011) before beginning a hiatus in 2012. She made her first solo album and final record with Hollywood Records; Star Dance (2013). She signed a contract with Interscope in 2014 and made the album Revival (2015).
- Honestly, music is an expression, and if you will be that voice for these girls, there are some people that feel this. This is universal.
- I was trying to figure out what I’m doing, and that was the first time I was constantly being kicked down for doing that. When I didn’t know, I just wanted to say, ‘This is what I want, this is where I am in my professional life, things changed in my personal life, things changed in my heart — everything.’ And people just thought, ‘Alright, this is what we think.’ And yeah, I made some decisions that weren’t great as well, and so did he and that’s why we went through all that to only make us better. And he has heard [the song] and he has seen the video, and it’s something that I feel like girls need hear, and it’s something I’m willing to share with people.
- Find me in the shadows, and pull the shades down until tomorrow.
- If you're broken, you do not have to stay broken.
- We lit the whole world up before we blew up/I still don’t know just how we screwed it up.
- Note: about the relationship with Justin Bieber.
- The past year and a half has been really transitional for me, just personally, as well as transitioning into becoming a woman.
- I still feel like I'm 15 sometimes and then other times, I'm wanting to feel comfortable in my body and my skin.
- I have a great family, I have great friends, and my mom is like my mama bear. She's the one that's going to tell me 'no' when everyone around me says 'yes.