Batman: Arkham Knight
Batman: Arkham Knight is a 2015 action-adventure video game developed by Rocksteady Studios and released by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Arkham Knight is written by Sefton Hill, and is based on the franchise's long-running comic book mythos. In the game's main storyline, nine months have passed since the Joker's death and Scarecrow, the Arkham Knight and Deathstroke attacks Gotham on Halloween. The game's leading characters are predominantly voiced by actors from the DC Animated Universe, with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reprising their roles as Batman and the Joker, respectively. Unlike the previous Arkham games, it received an M rating.
- [to Joker] You're afraid of being ashes. You're afraid of being forgotten. And you will be forgotten, Joker. Because of me.
- [to Simon Stagg] Tell me how to stop the Cloudburst, or so help me I will hold you accountable for each and every person Scarecrow has killed!
- [to Joker] I am vengeance. I am the night! I am Batman!
- [to Alfred] Prepare the Knightfall Protocol.
- [to Penguin] DO NOT LIE TO ME.
- [to Alfred] It's what you taught me. Do the right thing. That's all that matters.
- [to Nightwing] I won't be satisfied 'til I bring Penguin to justice.
- [to Jim Gordon] It's done. Gotham is safe.
- [to Scarecrow] What's wrong? Scared?
- I'm going to show the Arkham Knight what happens when he messes with my city.
- I'm going to show Crane what happens when he messes with my city.
- [to Jim Gordon] Look after him, Jim. Look after them all. You've been a good friend. The best I could ask for. You were there at the beginning. Now, you get to see how it ends.
- Gotham needs something more, something... worse to defend her. She needs a new myth, a legend more powerful than I can be right now. A legend that can only rise from the ashes of the Batman.
- [to Batman] The people of Gotham need you.
- [about the Dolltrons] It brings to mind a spate of murders at the beginning of your career. It was Halloween then if I'm not mistaken, turned out to be rather a long one if I recall...
- There is no savior. No more hope. No more Batman.
- Why aren't you scared?!
- Without fear, life is meaningless!
- Gotham. This is your only warning. Abandon this city... or I will unleash your greatest fears.
- You will bring death to all who follow you.
- Remnants of Gotham, I have messages for you all. To the vandals who stayed behind to pick the still warm flesh from Gotham's bones, have your fun - you are under my protection. To the cowards quaking behind the police department's walls, you will not be spared. And to Batman, I have already won. Emptied your city with a vile of toxin and a few threatened words that's how little the safety you provided was worth When the dawn comes, when Gotham lies in ruin and I turn my gaze to the world beyond, the legend of the Batman will be worth nothing at all.
- How many more bones will you crush? How many lives will you destroy in pursuit of what you call justice? You are the product of everything you fear. Violence... Darkness... Helplessness... All that remains is for you to watch as I drag your beloved Gotham into oblivion.
- What do you seek in those tunnels, Batman? Hope? You will find none. I once searched for terror in chemistry. I thought perfectly arranged atoms could unlock the demons in a man's mind. You proved me wrong. How can the world know fear – true dread – when there is you? A stalwart knight, ever ready to slay monsters. Fear isn't pure biology, Batman. It’s more than instinct. True fear is the absence of hope. And hope is the spread wings of a bat, shining on the clouds. You promised that Gotham would be safe! Protected! But what does the world see now? My toxin choking its streets, blotting out the moonlight, poisoning the saplings you thought could stop me! And now, Dark Knight, I turn to you. But don't be afraid. It's not your life that needs ending, it's your myth. The hope that you stand for. The hope that dies tonight.
- Enough bravado. It's too late for that. I don't care who you are, but they will. I'm going to rob them of hope. As they stare into your eyes, they will blame you. Failure will have a face and a name.
Arkham Knight/Jason Todd
- You're old, you're predictable, and you never stood a chance.
- You're not going anywhere, old man.
- Hit back!
- You always told me, Bruce: "focus on what I want to achieve, and it'll happen". Well, you want to know what I want now, huh? I want you dead.
- Look at me while you die, Batman. Look. At. Me.
- I was going to ask if it came in black, but I thought, you'd just be jealous.
- I did it... Cornered you. Did what nobody else could. All these years, ALL your enemies... but none of them understand you like I do. You think that Crane found Oracle on his own? I'm the one that told him about Barbara. Me! Told you I knew everything about you. But don't worry Bruce. I kept some secrets to myself.
- What happened, Batman? You used to put up a fight.
- It's been a long rivalry, Bat. But this is the only way it could end.
- Shame about the car. I would have kept it when I was finished with you.
- Miss me?
- Bats? Bats?! BAAAATS?!?
- He's no better than the creep who killed your parents.
- [referring to Barbara's kidnapping] Now that I think about it, how did Scarecrow know to go after your IT department? I mean, I had no idea she worked for you when I shot her, I just got lucky. Seriously! I was aiming for her head.
- I am the Comeback King! The Clown Prince of Chaos! The Jester of Genocide!
- This is how it happened. This is how the Joker died.
- Guys! I just want to talk... About shooting you... With this gun... Which I'll do once we're done talking!
- When I get out of here, I'll write my name in blood on every street corner! I'll carve it on every corpse! NO ONE'S FORGETTING ME!
- You know, you almost had me scared back there! Me! Haha! What have I got to be afraid of?!
- [upon his final defeat, being locked away in Batman's mind forever] NO, BRUCE! DON'T LEAVE ME! PLEASE!... I need you...!
- This is how it happened. This is how the Batman died.
- Civil unrest? There's a war in the streets, we don't have the manpower OR the equipment!
Ra's al Ghul
- [Last words, if you choose not to save him] Detective? Proud... of... you...
Mad Hatter/Jervis Tetch
- O frabjous day! Calloo, callay! The Batman's here. It's time to play.
- Such violent means, but all in vain. I've trained my mind to feel no pain.
- You've found the Cheshire Cat, all grinning! Don't be fooled, don't think you're winning.
- The rabbit is gone. He's hopped away! I'm sure he only wants to play. Return the book, and then we'll find how little Alice lost her mind.
- There's no joke. Control your rage. The answer is there. Just turn the page.
- [after Batman's unmasking] Looks like the secret is out, Mr. Wayne. Your tragic youth, your life of pain.
- [after Batman's unmasking] Can you justify the blood you spilled to the boy who saw his parents killed?
- Arkham Knight: Turn around.
- [Batman does, and sees the Arkham Knight aiming a gun at him]
- Batman: Who are you?
- Arkham Knight: You really have no idea...
- [lifts his mask]
- Jason Todd: ...do you, Bruce?
- Batman: Jason? But... you're dead.
- The Joker: Let's not fall out here, Bats. I might have told you a teeny, tiny little lie. But come on, look at the boy! You did good. We did good! You should be proud.
- Batman: Where's Scarecrow?
- Militia Soldier: [Tries to inject him with Scarcrow's fear toxin] Go to hell!
- Batman: [Throws him to the ground and pins him down] Where is he?
- Militia Soldier: I've got nothing to say to you, Batman.
- Batman: Talk, or I will crush every bone in your body.
- Militia Soldier: Okay, okay, he's working out of a penthouse in Chinatown. I swear, that's all I know!
- Batman: If you're lying, I'll break the other one.
- Militia Soldier: The other...?
- Batman: [Breaks his arm]
- Officer Kevern: What are you doing?
- Batman: Evening the odds. [Calls in Batmobile]
[the last will and testament of Thomas Wayne]
- Thomas Wayne (trailer): In the event of my death, I hereby declare that all my worldly possessions pass to my son, Bruce Wayne. Bruce: I ask that you honour the Wayne family legacy, and commit yourself to the improvement of Gotham City, its institutions and its citizens. Please, be strong. You are young, but destined for great things. Make the most of your opportunities; use them to give back to a city that has given us so much, to change the lives of millions of people. Do not be frivolous with this wealth; please do not waste it all on fast cars and outrageous clothes, and the pursuit of a destructive lifestyle. Invest in Gotham. Treat its people like family; watch over them, and use this money to safeguard them from forces beyond their control. My deepest regret is I will not see you grow into the good man I know you will become. And finally, my son, I ask that you never abandon this city to fate. We have lived through dark days; there's no doubt there are more to come. But it is the good and great men who stand up for Gotham when others turn and run. In death, I will love you forever. Your father, Thomas.
[When Batman attempts to reduce the Scarecrow fear toxin blast at Ace Chemicals after Oracle is kidnapped]
- Alfred Pennyworth: What are you doing?! It's too late. You can't stop it!
- Batman: I know. I'm not trying to stop it. But I can reduce the blast radius.
- Alfred Pennyworth: And what will happen to you?
- Batman: That doesn't matter. Find her, Alfred.
- Alfred Pennyworth: Sir, I urge you to reconsider, evacuate now! If you're caught in that blast, you will die!
- Batman: There's no other way, Alfred.
- Alfred Pennyworth: There's always a way, sir. Please...
- Batman: Where is she, Alfred?
- Alfred Pennyworth: I have no idea.
- Batman: It's my fault they took her.
- Alfred Pennyworth: She was aware of the risks, Master Bruce. She'll be as angry as you are that she's allowed this to happen.
- Alfred Pennyworth: Sir, listen to me. Don't you see? This is what he wants. Without you, Gotham will be at his mercy. You cannot let him win!
- Alfred Pennyworth: I'm monitoring that facility. You're out of time. I'm begging you. Leave now.
- Batman: It's what you taught me. Do the right thing. That's all that matters.
- Alfred Pennyworth: Master Bruce, I implore you! You must get out of there. If this is about Miss Gordon, you cannot blame yourself for what's happened. Save yourself before it's too late!
- Batman: Goodbye, Alfred.
- Jim Gordon: You know, you see a lot in this job. A lot of heartbreak, a lot of suffering. But I'll never forget taking a witness statement from an eight-year-old boy who'd just seen his parents gunned down.
- Batman: You were kind, Jim.
- Jim Gordon: I... I was thinking, I may never get the chance to tell you this, to say sorry.
- Batman: You don't have to.
- Jim Gordon: We're the same, Bruce. We'd do anything for our family.
- Arkham Knight: Always defending the weak and the helpless. That's what I like about you. Predictable. That's why we are going to win. We know your move before you do. We know how you think!
- Batman: Do you know what I'm thinking right now?
- Arkham Knight: Of course. You're thinking, "Who the hell is this guy?"
- Batman: No, I'm just trying to decide which one of you I'm going to take out first.
- Scarecrow: [referring to unmasking Batman] It's time. Mister Gordon, I would like you to do the honors.
- Jim Gordon: Never! I'm done taking orders from you.
- Scarecrow: [Shoots Robin]
- Jim Gordon: You bastard!
- Scarecrow: Take off that mask, or my next shot will kill him.
- Batman: It's okay.
- Jim Gordon: It's not okay! You know what this means.
- Batman: It's the end.
- Jim Gordon: When they find out who you are, there'll be no hiding.
- Batman: You need to trust me, Jim.
- Jim Gordon: [removes Batman's cowl]
- Scarecrow: Wayne? Bruce Wayne? Now the world can see you for what you truly are. A legend laid bare. Powerless. Human. Afraid. [shoves fear toxin needles into Batman]
- Alfred Pennyworth: [referring to Knightfall Protocol] Are you sure you want to do this, Master Bruce?
- Bruce Wayne: I've got to. It's the only way to protect them.
- Alfred Pennyworth: Very well.
- Kevin Conroy as Batman and Hush
- Martin Jarvis as Alfred Pennyworth
- John Noble as Scarecrow
- Troy Baker as Jason Todd/Arkham Knight and Two-Face
- Mark Rolston as Deathstroke
- Mark Hamill as Joker
- Jonathan Banks as Commissioner Gordon
- Tara Strong as Harley Quinn
- Ashley Greene as Batgirl/Oracle
- Grey DeLisle as Catwoman
- Scott Porter as Nightwing
- Matthew Mercer as Robin
- Nolan North as Penguin
- Wally Wingert as Riddler
- Steve Blum as Killer Croc
- Dwight Schultz as Professor Pyg
- Crispin Freeman as Firefly
- Maurice LaMarche as Mr. Freeze
- Peter MacNicol as Mad Hatter
- Khary Payton as Azrael
- Dee Bradley Baker as Ra's al Ghul and Warden Ranken
- Jennifer Hale as Nyssa Raatko
- Marc Worden as Deacon Blackfire