Jump to navigation Jump to search
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter (born September 4, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress.
- After having my daughter, I made a conscious effort to regain control of my health and my body. But I didn't want to do a crash diet. I was a mom now. I needed to change my ways and set an example for my child. … A year later (around November 2013), my husband and I decided we wanted to try a completely plant-based diet … And so the journey began that helped me get into the best shape of my life. Little did I know the long-lasting effects it would have. I thought, like with most diets, I would feel deprived and hate food, that I would miss out on restaurants and celebrations, that I would get headaches and be irritable, etc. I was wrong about all of that. It took a few days to adjust, but what I discovered was increased energy, better sleep, weight loss, improved digestion, clarity, and an incredibly positive feeling for my actions and the effects it would have on those around me and the environment.
- Foreword to Marco Borges's The 22-Day Revolution, New York: Penguin, 2015
- We have to care about our bodies and what we put in them. Women have to take the time to focus on our mental health—take time for self, for the spiritual, without feeling guilty or selfish. The world will see you the way you see you, and treat you the way you treat yourself.
- Anyone who perceives my message as anti-police is completely mistaken. I have so much admiration and respect for officers and the families of officers who sacrifice themselves to keep us safe. But let's be clear: I am against police brutality and injustice. Those are two separate things.
- "Beyoncé: 'Anyone Who Perceives My Message as Anti-Police Is Completely Mistaken'". Time. 5 April 2016.
Quotes about Beyoncé
- When Beyoncé, who at the time was part of Destiny's Child, dyed white-blond highlights around her face, I decided that was for me.
- Ilhan Omar This is What America Looks Like (2021)
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Actresses from the United States
- Dancers from the United States
- Singer-songwriters from the United States
- Women singers
- Record producers from the United States
- Businesspeople from the United States
- Philanthropists from the United States
- Fashion designers from the United States
- Feminists from the United States
- 1981 births
- Living people
- African Americans
- Methodists from the United States
- People from Houston
- Pop singers
- Grammy Award winners
- Musician stubs