Jump to navigation Jump to search
Know The Mark. taglines
- Forget what you think you know. Vampires exist. My name is Blade. I was born half human, half vampire. They call me, The Daywalker. I have all their strengths, none of their weaknesses, execpt for the thirst. 20 years ago, I met a man that changed that. Whistler. He taught me how to hold the thirst at bay. Taught me the rules. Gave me the weapons to hunt with: Silver, garlic, sunlight. Two years ago, he was attacked. They took him, and turned him into the thing I hate most. I should have finished him off. Now, I'm hunting him. I will find him. And nothing will stand in my way.
- There's an old saying: Keep your friends close, your enemies keep closer.
- You obviously do not know who you are FUCKING WITH!
- [To Rush] Take me to him, and I'll consider you a loose end.
- [When he sees the vampire nightclub, which is packed with several hundred vampires] You've got to be kidding me.
- [After Scud asks about what Blade thought about his betrayal] Two things: One, I've been onto you since they turned you. And two... [About the "dud" explosive Scud is holding] it's not a dud.
- [To Reinhardt] Can you blush?
- [to Rush] You didn't think I forgot about you, did you?
- [after being scolded for turning on the ultraviolet light] Yeah well some of us can't see in the dark ya fuckin' nipple head, what am I supposed to do?
- They tortured me almost to death, and then let me heal in a vat of blood so they could go at it again. Sorry sons of bitches could have at least fixed my damn leg while they were at it.
- [After Scud punches him] Why, you little shit.
- [after Scud has just been blown up by a bomb] I was just startin' to like him.
- [To Chupa] I love it when you talk dirty, sweetheart.
- Hey, kid! [Throws Blade his sunglasses]
- (deleted scene) Never underestimate the power of the pussy, boys. One cunt hair off that thing can drag a freight train a mile uphill.
- [In Vampire tongue] Vampires. I hate vampires.
- Blade. Is the enemy of my enemy my friend... or my enemy?
- You want me, Blade? Here I am. Why kill me? We want the same thing.
- We need the same thing, Blade.
- After all, it looks like I've finished my father's job!
- [Last words] It's... strange. It hurts... it hurts no more.
- Nyssa! Put your sword away! Your people shot first.
- We represent the ruling body of the vampire nation.
- [Blade explains his plan to wipe out the Reapers] In broad daylight?
- [while being overrun by Reapers] You want a bite of me? Well, come on! Come on, motherfucker!
- [while Blade is trying to activate the bomb] By the way, Blade, did I ever mention the bomb lever is stuck?
- They want us to to spray on some suckpuppy's nut juice?
- Well, like my daddy said right before he killed my mom, "You want anything done right, you gotta do it yourself."
- [To Blade] Hey me & the gang where wondering: Can you blush?
- Thought you had me on a short leash, didn't you jefe?
- [Discovering a large group of Reapers] Eat shit, YOU UGLY MOTHERFUCKERS!!
- [Before shooting Priest; in Vampire tongue] A man without fear.
- [To Whistler] We lost a man. Priest. You want me to carve his fucking name into your chest, old man?
- We lose a partner, and Blade loses one!
- [Last words] What are you trying to do? Stink me to death old man?
- Look at them. Half of these bastards. They're not even pure bloods. I tell you what, why don't we fucking kill everyone just to make sure.
- [Last words] Kill me now, Chupa!
- Scud: Lock up your daughters boys and girls, the dark knight returns.
- Damaskinos: Who do you think God really favors in the web? The spider, or the fly?
- Rush: Fuck! It's not silver, but it still hurts like hell!
- Vampire: [After realizing he is several floors above the ground] Fuck this shit!
- Vampire: [to Jared Nomak] This is a good news, bad news scenario, Jared: Good news for us, bad news for you.
- Scud: [Hands Blade a cigarette] Need a toke of the smoke, B?
- Blade: Later.
- Blade: How do you feel?
- Whistler: Like hammered shit.
- Scud: What the fuck's your problem, poppy?
- Whistler: My problem is I've been sucking blood clots for two years. I get out to find some jerkoff fuckin' with my life's work.
- Scud: We jeopardized our whole operation to save your puckered old ass.
- Whistler: Our operation?!
- Scud: Yeah.
- Whistler: Our operation?! I built this operation, you ass-wipe!
- Scud: What's so funny?
- Nyssa: They tell stories about Blade as the boogieman. Frankly, I'm disappointed.
- Scud: You hear that, B? She's disappointed.
- Nyssa: He agreed to come along so easily.
- Scud: Come on, B, show her. Pretty please?
- Blade: [Opens his coat to reveal several rows of tubes strapped to the inside of it] Semtex.
- Scud: Enough explosives to level a city block. You still disappointed?
- Damaskinos: It has been said, "Be proud of your enemy and enjoy his success." In that regard, I should thank you.
- Blade: For what?
- Karel Kounen: Eliminating Deacon Frost. You did us a favor. Karel Kounen.
- Blade: [noticing vampire tattoo] You're human.
- Karel: Barely. I'm a lawyer. European Health Consortium.
- Damaskinos: As you may know, Vampirism is... a horrible virus, carried in the saliva of predators. In 72 hours, it spreads through the human bloodstream, creating new, parasitic organs.
- Blade: Like cancer.
- Damaskinos: Cancer with a purpose.
- Karel: Unfortunately, viruses evolve, too. We've encountered a new one. We dubbed it the Reaper Strain. And like any good pathogen, it appears to have found a carrier.
- [Karel places a disk into a computer. Nomak's first attack plays via a recording]
- Karel: There. [Points to an image of Nomak] Jared Nomak.
- Damaskinos: Born a vampire, but an anomaly like you. Unlike the rest of us, however, he feeds on not just humans, but Vampires as well.
- Blade: Looks like he was doing me a favor.
- Nyssa: You're missing the point. Their vampire victims don't die. They turn. They become carriers.
- Asad: You've got to understand. These things are like crack addicts. They need to feed daily. Nomak's been up for 72 hours. By our estimates, there are already a dozen Reapers. There'll be hundreds before the week is out. Thousands within a matter of months. Do the math.
- Blade: Wait. Let me get this right. You want me... to hunt them... for you?
- Damaskinos: Once they are finished with us, who do you think they'll turn against next? Your precious humans. Not one of them will be left.
- Karel: We spent two years training a small tactical unit: the Bloodpack. We want you to lead them.
- Blade: Two years?
- Nyssa: We've been training to hunt you.
- Drug Dealer: Looking to get hooked up?
- Nomak: Maybe. What do you have?
- Drug Dealer: No problem. Horse, Hawaiian Ice. Whatever you need.
- Nomak: Whatever I need. I like that. What if I need you?
- [Nomak attacks him]
- Scud: So B-man, what do you think?
- Blade: Sounds like a plan.
- Whistler: What do you really think?
- Blade: They're gonna fuck us the first chance they get.
- Scud: So, we ain't gonna do this, right?
- Blade: We'll play along for now. They'll take us in deeper than we've ever been. To show us how their world really ticks.
- Whistler: I've had enough of their world. They're shittin' bricks just because they're no longer on the top of the fuckin' food chain.
- Reinhardt: Hey, me and the guys were wondering... [Whispers]
- Blade: What?
- Reinhardt: Can you blush?
- Blade: Oh, I get it. I see now. You've been training for two years to take me out. And now, here I am. Ooh, it's so exciting, isn't it? Okay. Here's your chance. [Takes out a stake] Come on, what are you waiting for? [Points it at himself] Here I am. Right here in front of you. Adolf here gets the first shot. Come on. [Reinhardt looks at Nyssa] Come on, what are looking at her for? You need permission? Maybe you need a little bit of incentive. Okay, I can help with that. [Swirls the stake then hits Reinhardt with it, visibly agitating him] What's the matter, you miss that? It's okay, I can do it again. [Does the same thing again]
- Verlaine: [In Vampire language] Do it, Reinhardt! Do it!
- Blade: Come on. What, do you need a manual? [Hands him the stake] Do it!
- Chupa: [in Vampire language] Kill him now!
- [Reinhardt gives in and attacks Blade, who places a small device onto his head]
- Blade: Now you got an explosive device stuck to the back of your head. Silver nitrate. Rigged to go off if anybody tampers with it. I'll have the detonator with me. And you. If you so much as look at me wrong...
- Blade: [Standing outside a vampire safe house] Where's the entrance? I don't see any signs. No vampire glyphs.
- Nyssa: No, because of you we've had to rethink our habits. Tighten our security. [Hands Blade a pair of binoculars] Take a closer look.
- Blade: [Looks through the binoculars and sees a hidden glyph] Nice.
- Whistler: Let's go.
- Chupa: You won't pass for one of us.
- Whistler: Like I give a shit.
- Blade: No. He's right. Why don't you post up on the roof over there? Cover our backs.
- Whistler: So the Bloodpack's calling the shots now, huh? Great. [Walks away]
- Reinhardt: Better curb that dog of yours or we'll do it for you.
- Blade: [Almost activates the explosive] Keep pushing, asshole.
- Scud: Hey, tell me somethin'. How's the weather up there, sweetheart?
- Whistler: Walkin' on sunshine, toad-boy.
- (deleted scene)
- Karel: This is a dangerous game you're playing, Damaskinos. Blade is too volatile. You won't be able to control him for long.
- Damaskinos: You worry too much.
- Karel: How many others are you willing to sacrifice?
- Damaskinos: All of them.
- Karel: Even your own daughter?
- Damaskinos: My dear Karel... that jar? It contains what was once my human heart. Only a fool would appeal to it now.
- Whistler: Better wear your sunblock, Buttercup.
- Chupa: Listen, shit kicker! You're about one cunt hair away from hillbilly heaven.
- Whistler: I love it when you talk dirty.
- Scud: Maybe I can make some sort of UV flash-bang grenade or something.
- Whistler: Been tried already.
- Scud: Yeah, but you didn't have the Scudster working on it then, now did ya?
- Chupa: Let me ask one question: how the hell we going to find these Reapers?
- Blade: We won't have to. They'll come to us.
- Chupa: [Coughs] What is this shit?
- Nyssa: Pheromones, harvested from the Reapers adrenal glands. They're going to key to it.
- Reinhardt: They want us to spray on some suckpuppy's nut juice?
- Nyssa: [after Scud explains how to use a UV bomb] You're not coming?
- Scud: No, I'm a lover, not a fighter.
- Whistler: [Entering the vampire lair to negotiate with them] You sure about this?
- Blade: Well, if I'm not... [Pats his coat, which is filled with explosives]
- Reinhardt: God, it would be so easy. [Pulls out his gun and aims it at Blade]
- Chupa: He's got you.
- [Reinhardt looks down to see a red dot of laser light on her chest, emanating from Blade's gun. Blade grins at him.]
- Reinhardt: [Mouths] Fuck you.
- Whistler: Someone's been keeping tabs on us from inside.
- Blade: Where are we?
- Whistler: Some kind of chamber deep in their lair.
- Scud: They smashed up everything. The workshop, all of it.
- Whistler: They've been lying to us from day one. The Reaper strain didn't evolve. It was designed.
- Blade: What?
- Whistler: Designed. Nomak told me. I saw him back in the sewers. He let me live.
- Damaskinos: Did he? How generous of him. I brought you here to see the fruits of our labor. [A large canister opens next to him, revealing hundreds of vampire fetuses] For years, I've struggled to rid our kind of any hereditary weaknesses. And so... [Takes one of the fetuses] recombining DNA was simply the next logical step. Nomak was the first, a failure. But, in time, there will be a new, pure race, begotten from my own flesh, immune to silver, soon even sunlight.
- Whistler: I got a question for you, you lying son of a bitch. You want to explain how Nomak got ahold of this ring? [Tosses a ring in front of him]
- [Nyssa picks up the ring, then looks at Damaskinos]
- Damaskinos: I would have thought that was obvious by this point. I gave it to him, of course. A gift from father... to son.
- [Nyssa, disgusted, leaves, followed by Damaskinos and Karel]
- Reinhardt: I thought he'd never leave. [Shoots Blade in the knee, then whacks Whistler with the back of his rifle] The wolf has lain with the sheep long enough.
- Blade: [Takes out the detonator] Reinhardt, you can kiss your ass goodbye.
- [Blade activates the detonator, but the bomb doesn't go off]
- Scud: [Laughs] I'm sorry, man. B, you're wasting your time, man. The bomb's a dud. It was never supposed to explode. It was just supposed to make you feel in control.
- Reinhardt: Thought you had me on a short leash, didn't you, jefe? [Removes the bomb and tosses it to Scud] Much better.
- Scud: See this? [Exposes a vampire glyph on the inside of his lower lip] I'm one of Damaskinos's familiars. They needed my help to bring you here to control Nomak. The old fuck, he was always just bait. I mean, look at him. He's your only real weakness, man. You may be fast, you may be strong, and all that other bullshit. But in the end, B, you're just too human! [Punches Whistler in the face]
- Whistler: Why, you little shit.
- Scud: [Punches Whistler again] You think they scoped out my security system? I let them in, asshole! I practically handed them the keys! [To Blade] You heard cue-ball, right. Pretty soon, they're gonna all be daywalkers, man. And when that happens, I'd rather be a pet than cattle. You got me, B? What do you think about that, man?
- Blade: Two things: One, I've been onto you since they turned you. And, two, it's not a dud. [Activates the detonator]
- Scud: Oh, great.
- [The detonator explodes, killing Scud and showering the area around it with his remains]
- Whistler: I was just startin' to like him.
- Reinhardt: [Examining Blade's sword] I wonder how many vampires he's killed with this thing.
- Whistler: Not nearly enough, son.
- Reinhardt: [Pulls out his pistol] Keep talking, honky-tonk. It just makes my sending you into the next world all the sweeter.
- Whistler: Been there, done that. Do your worst, chickenshit. We'll settle up after.
- [Bladehas killed an entire legion of Damaskinos's security guards]
- Reinhardt: Well...[Sets down his shotgun] like my daddy said right before he killed my mom, "If ya want somethin' done right, ya gotta do it yourself". [Unsheathes Blade's sword] He also said...
- [Reinhardt attempts to kill Blade with his own sword, only for Blade to grab it]
- Blade: Can you blush?
- [Blade knocks the sword out of Reinhardt's hands, catches it in mid-air, then bisects him]
- [Nyssa closes security doors, preventing Damaskinos from escaping]
- Nyssa: I changed the security code. We're locked in.
- Damaskinos: Are you INSANE?! He'll kill us both!
- Nyssa: Yes. Isn't it sad... that you die not by the hand of your enemy, but by that of your own children?
- Know The Mark.
- Last time he fought against his sworn enemies... This time he will fight with them.
- One Man Still Has The Edge.
- Faster. Sharper. Deadlier.
- Wesley Snipes - Eric Brooks / Blade/'The Daywalker'
- Norman Reedus - Scud
- Kris Kristofferson - Abraham Whistler
- Leonor Varela - Nyssa Damaskinos
- Ron Perlman - Reinhardt
- Thomas Kretschmann - Eli Damaskinos
- Luke Goss - Jared Nomak
- Matt Schulze - Chupa
- Karel Roden - Karel Kounen
About Blade II
- Well, first we wanted to enhance Blade's romantic life, and get him laid! Also we wanted to make it a different environment. Initially it was going to be Vegas but Prague came up, for various reasons, and that's where we went. Also we wanted to make Blade feel more at ease with what he is.
- Wesley Snipes "From Ballet to Blade" Paul Fischer, Inside Out Film, 19 March 2002.
- In Cronos the Vampire was more about the meditation about time and immortality and here in Blade 2 it's the vampire at a basic level, vampires that are just animals that are greedy for blood, I created a new kind of vampires: the reapers that are designed genetically to be even stronger than the normal vampires. But we tried also to find some moments of empathy with these creatures, and there are moments when the reapers look pathetic, like junkies, and at moments when they have a broken arm or a dislocated head you almost feel sorry for them. So we tried to find beauty in these monsters and that's really horrific because it's almost real.
- The first erotic component is in feeding and sucking and I tried not to deal too much with it because it's always the direction that Vampire films take, so I was interested in taking another direction, to explore another side of vampirism. I wanted to make this film more of a dark fantasy, whether through the colours, the camera movement, the design, and the locations. The first Blade was very stylish and hip and yuppyish but in this one I wanted to show the dark side, the decadent side of their world, almost the despair of the vampire universe. I wanted to have of a wicked sense of humour and a graphic approach like a comic book. I wanted to go crazier and to have a better understanding of Blade's psychology and to understand why he is acting the way he does.
- Guillermo Del Toro "Guillermo Del Toro for “Blade II” Paul Fischer, Dark Horizons, March 22nd 2002.
- Encyclopedic article on Blade II at Wikipedia
- Blade II quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Blade II: Bloodhunt at Rotten Tomatoes
|Creators||Marv Wolfman · Gene Colan|
|Films||Blade · Blade II · Blade: Trinity|
|Television||Blade: The Series · Marvel Anime|