Jump to navigation Jump to search
Book One — Bella
- When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not give it?
If it was someone you truly loved?
- Bella Swan, p. 2
2. Long Night
- "Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"
- Bella Swan, p. 30
3. Big Day
- "No one will dare to call you plain when I'm through with you."
"Only because they're afraid you'll suck their blood," I muttered.
- Alice Cullen and Bella Swan, p. 42
- It wasn't nearly as easy to dance with Charlie. He was no better at it than I was, so we moved safely from side to side in a tiny square formation. Edward and Esme spun around us like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
- Bella Cullen, p. 56
- "You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
- Edward Cullen to Alice Cullen, p. 71
5. Isle Esme
- How did people do this — swallow all their fears and trust someone else so implicitly with every imperfection and fear they had — with less than the absolute commitment Edward had given me?
- Bella Cullen on her wedding night, p.83
- "Don't be afraid," I murmured. "We belong together."
I was abruptly overwhelmed by the truth of my own words. This moment was so perfect, so right, there was no way to doubt it.
- Bella Cullen to Edward Cullen, p. 85
- "Why am I covered in feathers?"
- Bella Cullen to Edward Cullen, p. 89
- "Do you want me to sing to you? I'll sing all night if it will keep the bad dreams away."
- Edward Cullen to Bella Cullen, p. 105
Book Two — Jacob
- Life sucks, and then you die.
Yeah, I should be so lucky.
- Jacob Black, p. 143
8. Waiting for the Damn Fight to Start Already
- "You ever think about dating?" [...]
"I don't see them either, Quil. I don't see their faces."
- Quil Ateara and Jacob Black, p. 155
- Jake, Seth thought, they aren't our enemies.
Shut up, kid! Just 'cause you've got some kind of sick hero worship thing going on with that bloodsucker, it doesn't change the law. They are our enemies. [...] I don't care if you had fun fighting alongside Edward Cullen once upon a time.
- Seth Clearwater and Jacob Black, about the Cullen family, p. 160
9. Sure as Hell Didn't See That One Coming
- I'd seen him angry, and I'd seen him arrogant, and once I'd seen him in pain. But this — this was beyond agony. His eyes were half-crazed. [...] He stared down at the couch beside him with an expression like someone had lit him on fire.
- Jacob Black about Edward Cullen, p. 171
- Jeez, she was running true to form. Of course, die for the monster spawn. It was so Bella.
- Jacob Black, p. 177
10. Why Didn't I Just Walk Away? Oh Right, Because I'm an Idiot.
- "Over my pile of ashes," Rosalie hissed at him.
- Rosalie Hale, p. 186
- "I told you—," I started to say.
"Did you know that 'I told you so' has a brother, Jacob?" she asked, cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up.'"
- Jacob Black and Bella Cullen, p. 188
- Bella's sacrifice is a heavy price, and we will all recognize that. It is against everything we stand for to take a human life. Making an exception to that code is a bleak thing. We will all mourn for what we do tonight.
- Sam Uley to the werewolf pack, p. 202
- Carlisle Cullen. Looking at him without that hate clouding my eyes, I couldn't deny that killing him was murder. He was good. Good as any human we protected. Maybe better. Too much better
- Jacob Black, p. 205
11. The Two Things at the Top of My Things-I-Never-Wanted-To-Do List
- This is about Bella. She has never been the one for you, she has never chosen you, but you continue to destroy your life for her! [...]
Maybe you're right. But you're going to destroy the pack over her, Sam. No matter how many of them survive tonight, they will always have murder on their hands.
- Sam Uley and Jacob Black, p. 210
- Jacob — you can't turn your back on the tribe. [...]
I stared into his furious eyes. Ephraim Black's son was not born to follow Levi Uley's.
- Sam Uley and Jacob Black, p. 210
12. Some People Just Don't Grasp the Concept of "Unwelcome"
- Seth, are you gonna get mad at me if I kill your sister?
He pretended to think about it for a minute. Well... yeah, probably.
- Jacob Black and Seth Clearwater, about Leah Clearwater, p. 230
13. Good Thing I've Got a Strong Stomach
- "You're scared of Leah, but you're best buds with the psychopath blonde?"
There was a low hiss from the second floor. Cool, she'd heard me.
- Jacob Black to Bella Cullen, about Rosalie Hale, p. 247
- It was really too bad [Edward] couldn't hear Bella's thoughts. Then he'd annoy the crap out of her, too, and she'd get tired of him.
- Jacob Black, p. 251
- They are vampires, I guess, Seth allowed after a minute, compensating for Leah's reaction. I mean, it makes sense. And if [drinking blood] helps Bella, it's a good thing, right?
Both Leah and I stared at him. [...]
Mom dropped him a lot when he was a baby, Leah told me.
On his head, apparently.
- Seth Clearwater, Leah Clearwater, and Jacob Black, p. 266
14. You Know Things Are Bad When You Feel Guilty for Being Rude to Vampires
- "You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie?" I asked without stopping or turning to look at her. "Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool."
- Jacob Black, p. 271
- This was the problem with hanging out with vampires — you got used to them. They started messing up the way you saw the world. They started feeling like friends.
- Jacob Black, p. 284
15. Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock
- Shut up, please, Seth.
- Jacob Black and Seth Clearwater, p. 291
- "Hey, do you know what you call a blonde with a brain?" I asked, and then continued on the same breath, "a golden retriever."
- Jacob Black to Rosalie Hale, p. 294
- "You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair."
- Rosalie Hale to Jacob Black, p. 304
- "S'not so hard to erase a blonde's memory," I countered. "Just blow in her ear."
"Get some new jokes," she snapped.
- Jacob Black and Rosalie Hale, p. 304
16. Too-Much-Information Alert
- That would go away, you know, if you imprinted. You wouldn't have to hurt over [Bella] anymore.
Do you want to forget the way you feel about Sam?
She deliberated for a moment. I think I do.
I sighed. She was in a healthier place than I was.
- Leah Clearwater and Jacob Black, p. 319
- "Have you heard this one, Psycho? How do a blonde's brain cells die? [... A] blonde's brain cells die alone."
- Jacob Black to Rosalie Hale, p. 324
18. There Are No Words For This.
- I could see that now — how the universe swirled around this one point. I'd never seen the symmetry of the universe before, but now it was plain.
The gravity of the earth no longer tied me to the place where I stood.
It was the baby girl in the blonde vampire's arms that held me here now.
- Jacob Black, p. 360
- From upstairs, there was a new sound. The only sound that could touch me in this endless instant.
A frantic pounding, a racing beat...
A changing heart.
- Jacob Black, p. 360
Book Three — Bella
- James, snapping my leg under his foot. That was nothing. That was a soft place to rest on a feather bed. I'd take that now, a hundred times. A hundred snaps. I'd take it and be grateful.
- Bella Cullen, p. 376
- All I wanted was to die. To never have been born. The whole of my existence did not outweigh this pain. Wasn't worth living through it for one more heartbeat.
- Bella Cullen p. 377
- The brilliant light overhead was still blinding-bright, and yet I could plainly see the glowing strands of the filaments inside the bulb. I could see each color of the rainbow in the white light, and, at the very edge of the spectrum, an eighth color I had no name for.
- Bella Cullen, p. 387
- He smiled the kind of smile that would have stopped my heart if it were still beating.
- Bella Cullen about Edward Cullen, p. 393
- Instinctively, I tensed to defend myself. Any vampire who saw Jasper would have had the same reaction. The scars were like a lighted billboard. Dangerous, they screamed. How many vampires had tried to kill Jasper? Hundreds? Thousands? The same number that had died in the attempt.
- Bella Cullen, p. 402
- "You stupid mutt! How could you? My baby!"
[Jacob] backed out the front door now as I stalked him, half-running backward down the stairs. "It wasn't my idea, Bella!"
"I've held her all of one time, and already you think you have some moronic wolfy claim to her? She's mine. [...] How dare you imprint on my baby? Have you lost your mind?"
- Bella Cullen and Jacob Black, p. 449
- "You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness Monster?" I screeched.
And then I lunged for his throat.
- Bella Cullen to Jacob Black, p. 451
- "I'll play you for it," Alice suggested. "Rock, paper, scissors." [...]
"Why don't you just tell me who wins?" Edward said wryly.
Alice beamed. "I do. Excellent."
- Alice and Edward Cullen, p. 472
- "We're going to tell Alice that I ran right to the clothes," I whispered, twisting my fingers into his hair and pulling my face closer to his. "We're going to tell her I spent hours in there playing dress-up. We're going to lie."
- Bella Cullen to Edward Cullen, p. 481
- "How do I look?"
Edward smiled. "Gorgeous, of course—"
"Yes, yes, she always looks gorgeous," Alice finished his thought impatiently.
- Bella, Edward, and Alice Cullen, p. 501
- "'Bout time somebody scored around here."
- Emmett Cullen, p. 511
- "I'm not even sure she's really a vampire, let alone a newborn," Emmett called from under the stairs. "She's too tame."
- Emmett Cullen about Bella Cullen, p. 517
- "Bella's supposed to be a grown-up. Married and a mom and all that. Shouldn't there be more dignity?"
Renesmee frowned, and touched Edward's face.
"What does she want?" I asked.
"Less dignity," Edward said with a grin.
- Jacob Black, Bella Cullen, and Edward Cullen, p. 522
- It was like I had been born to be a vampire. The idea made me want to laugh, but it also made me want to sing. I had found my true place in the world, the place I fit, the place I shined.
- Bella Cullen, p. 524
- "Who rules you, nomads? Do you answer to someone's will besides your own? Are you free to choose your own path, or will the Volturi decide how you will live?
"I came to witness. I stay to fight. The Volturi care nothing for the death of a child. They seek the death of our free will."
- Garrett, p. 719
- "Goodbye, Jacob, my brother...my son."
- Edward Cullen, p. 723
- "If we live through this," Garrett whispered to Kate, "I'll follow you anywhere, woman."
"Now he tells me," she muttered.
- Garrett and Kate, p. 724
- It probably wasn't very mature. But I figured it would take Aro about half a second to guess — if he hadn't already — that my shield was more powerful than Edward had known. [...] So I grinned a huge, smug smile right at Jane.
- Bella Cullen, p. 726
- I lifted my head and kissed [Edward] with a passion that might possibly set the forest on fire.
I wouldn't have noticed.
- Bella Cullen, p. 741
39. The Happily Ever After
- "So there are real werewolves?" I asked. "With the full moon and silver bullets and all that?"
Jacob snorted. "Real. Does that make me imaginary?"
- Bella Cullen and Jacob Black, p. 745
- And then [Edward and I] continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
- Bella Cullen, p. 754
Meyer, Stephenie. (2008). Breaking Dawn. Park Avenue, New York: Little, Brown and Company, 754. ISBN 978-0-316-06792-8.
|Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer|
|Breaking Dawn||book||film (Part 1) |
film (Part 2)