Brooklyn Nine-Nine (season 4)
The following is a list of quotes from the fourth season Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- 1 Coral Palms Pt. 1 [4.01]
- 2 Coral Palms Pt. 2 [4.02]
- 3 Coral Palms Pt. 3 [4.03]
- 4 The Night Shift [4.04]
- 5 Halloween IV [4.05]
- 6 Monster in the Closet [4.06]
- 7 Mr. Santiago [4.07]
- 8 Skyfire Cycle [4.08]
- 9 The Overmining [4.09]
- 10 Captain Latvia [4.10]
- 11 The Fugitive, Part 1 [4.11]
- 12 The Fugitive, Part 2 [4.12]
- 13 The Audit [4.13]
- 14 Serve & Protect [4.14]
- 15 The Last Ride [4.15]
- 16 Moo Moo [4.16]
- 17 Cop-Con [4.17]
- 18 Chasing Amy [4.18]
- 19 Your Honor [4.19]
- 20 The Slaughterhouse [4.20]
- 21 The Bank Job [4.21]
- 22 Crime and Punishment [4.22]
Coral Palms Pt. 1 [4.01]
- Holt: Good morning Karly, Tani, looks like you're keeping the machines running smoothly.
- Karly: Whatever.
- Holt: [To himself] Karly will be the first to go.
Coral Palms Pt. 2 [4.02]
Coral Palms Pt. 3 [4.03]
- Jake: How's the Sheriff?
- Amy: Well, he keeps yelling, "Disability for life!" so I think he's fine.
The Night Shift [4.04]
Halloween IV [4.05]
- Holt: Who hired you? Who do you work for, pizza man?!
Monster in the Closet [4.06]
Mr. Santiago [4.07]
Skyfire Cycle [4.08]
The Overmining [4.09]
- Deputy Commissioner Ultrecht: Hello. We're here to honor Captain Jason Stentley, who single-handedly brought down a major drug ring. So it is my pleasure to bestow upon him the Medal of Honor. Captain Stentley.
- Stentley: Bestow me, baby! Oh, wow. That's a lotta people. Uh... Baba-booie! Cornholio! That's it for my prepared remarks. Any questions?
- Reporter 1: Will taking down one drug dealer make a big difference in the overall level of drugs moving into the city?
- Stentley: No idea. Next!
- Reporter 2: What's your philosophy for dealing with international narcotics supply chains?
- Stentley: Didn't understand the question. Next!
- Reporter 1: Why was Flaco targeted for this operation?
- Stentley: Okay, there's a question I can answer. Uh, uh- well, it all started because I lost a huge bag of cocaine, so I totally biffed it. Uh-
- [Deputy Commissioner Ultrecht commandeers the podium.]
- Ultrecht: Thank you, Captain. That is- that's plenty.
- Jake: That was a train wreck.
- Holt: Yes, he never should've been put in that position. Whoever recommended him for the medal and called all those reporters really messed up. [Smiles]
- Jake: Wait, what are you saying?
- Holt: Oh, nothing. It just seems as if CJ has been... overmined.
- Jake: And you used my made-up word!
- Holt: I did. I hated it, "overmined!" [Sighs] What have I become? Was this whole thing even worth it?
- Jake: It was no snacksident.
- Diaz: So the foot massage place reported $7 million in profit last year. To make that much they'd have had to massage 100 feet an hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the entire year.
- Boyle: Damn it! We have to shut them down.
- Diaz: Wait. Let's not be hasty about this. Let's think this through. We wanna be smart about this.
- Boyle: Right. What if we bust them tonight, and then tomorrow, I'm chasing a murderer, and I'm about to get him and my foot cramps up?
- Diaz: Due to lack of massaging.
- Boyle: Then the murderer gets away!
- Diaz: Know who he kills next? The Mayor.
- Boyle: Oh, my God. The City has no mayor now.
- Diaz: It's chaos. Rioting, looting, panic in the streets.
- Boyle: They gotta call in the National Guard, there's tanks rolling down Fifth Avenue, declaring martial law!
- Diaz: All because we shut down a foot massage place.
- Boyle: That was doing God's work! What were we thinking?
- Diaz: So it's agreed. We let them stay open, for the sake of the city.
- Boyle: For the sake of the city.
- [They sit for a few moments.]
- Diaz: We have to do our stupid jobs, don't we?
- Boyle: Yeah, let me get my stupid gun.
- Diaz: NYPD! Get down on the comfortable matted floor!
- Boyle: Put your magical hands where I can see them!
- Diaz: You're under arrest for ruining something perfect!
- Boyle: And money laundering.
- Diaz: Yes, money laundering! Whatever!
Captain Latvia [4.10]
The Fugitive, Part 1 [4.11]
The Fugitive, Part 2 [4.12]
Serve & Protect [4.14]
- Veronica: As you know, the NYPD will be shuttering one precinct. I'll be evaluating the 9-9 and sending my findings to the Deputy Commissioner. Any questions?
- Terry: Yeah. Veronica, are you sure you're the best person for the job, given your and my...
- Boyle: Sexual past?
- Terry: Thank you, Detective Boyle.
- Veronica: Oh, Terence. I won't let our past interfere with my assessment in any way, whatsoever.
- Holt: Well, that's certainly good to hear.
- Veronica: I mean, sure, it's taken me years of intense therapy to get over, and it's given me a fear of intimacy that has affected every subsequent relationship. But that does not mean that I cannot remain unbiased.
- Jake: The way you say that, it kind of makes it sound like you actually are biased.
- Veronica: [Menacingly] I have no idea what you mean. That is all.
- Veronica: Terrence.
- Terry: Veronica, I'm sorry for how I handled our breakup back in the day. I was trying to be a good guy. To be nice. But sometimes, to be nice someone means you have to be honest with them. Even if it hurts their feelings.
- Veronica: Thank you for saying that.
- Terry: Now, you don't have to forgive me. But could you please at least give the precinct a shot?
- Veronica: I would love to do that!
- Terry: Oh, thank you so much!
- Veronica: Except I already turned in my report.
- Terry: Oh. Was it positive?
- Veronica: No. It was real bad.
The Last Ride [4.15]
- Terry: I see you filming, Linetti! What's in the yogurt?
- Gina: Normal stuff. Nothing you'd use to make a sidewalk with.
- Holt: Attention, squad. I just got word from Peralta and Boyle.
- Amy: Did they make their bust? Did they save the precinct?
- Holt: No, they decided to bring in a bigger fish. They're not gonna make the hearing.
- Diaz: So Jake's doing the right thing instead of the selfish thing? [To Amy] You did this to him.
- Holt: Look, I know we want this precinct to survive, but I'm proud of them. Loyalty to your friends and fellow officers is important, but what's more important is our loyalty to this city, and its citizens. I guess what I'm trying to say is... let's go get drunk.
- Holt: Apparently the community came to our aid. There was a swell of online support orchestrated by an organization called "Ginazone".
- Gina: I think you mean "Ginazon". I was behind the bar the whole time. Another great Gina Linetti entrance.
- Bartender: I told you- you can't be back here.
- Gina: And I told you- I already am!
- Jake: What did you do?
- Gina: I was live-streaming a prank when Captain Holt made his big speech about how you did the right thing for the city. I guess people were moved, the were like, "What can we do to help?" and I said "Call the Commissioner's office."
- Jake: The G-Hive is real! I can't believe you did it! Gina, you're a legend! To the Nine-Nine!
- Holt, Terry, Scully, Hitchcock, Amy, Diaz, Boyle: To the Nine-Nine!
- [Everyone drinks the toast but immediately spits out the beer bottles' contents.]
- Gina: Y'ALL JUST DRANK CEMEEEEENT!
Chasing Amy [4.18]
Your Honor [4.19]
The Slaughterhouse [4.20]
- Jake: Ocampo got away. [Looks at one of the two men Diaz has caught] What happened to him?
- Diaz: Dumb-dumb tried to jump down the stairs. Shattered his ankle. Foot's all floppy.
- Jake: Great. Let's get 'em back to the 9-9, see if Floppy Foot and his friend know where our man's hiding.
- Melanie Hawkins: They don't know anything. They're undercover cops.
- Diaz: Crap, that's Lieutenant Melanie Hawkins.
- Jake: I know; she's literally my hero. Hello, Lieutenant Hawkins!
- Hawkins: You idiots just ruined a three-month operation.
- Jake: My name is Detective Ignatius Pennyfeather IX! That's I-G- [Hawkins gives him a look of disgust and walks away.] Nacious...
- Diaz: This place is awesome. I've always wanted to work in a covert facility.
- Jake: I know; we're in a black site, Rosa. I bet they have some awesome name for it.
- Hawkins: Welcome to The Slaughterhouse.
- Jake: Told ya. Hey, listen- we know you told us to stop looking for Ocampo, but we figured we'd find him for you, try and make things right.
- Hawkins: It's all good. I'm not mad. I checked out your files; you guys do good stuff. I think you guys might be our best option at finding this guy again. You think you can do that?
- Diaz: Can a paring knife remove a human heart in under a minute?
- Hawkins: Yes. I've seen it happen.
- Jake: Lucky.
- Hawkins: So, why don't you both come back tomorrow and we'll start working this together? And who knows- if you find the guy, I got an open spot on my squad. Maybe one of you could fill it.
- Jake: Or, maybe one of us could fill it.
- Hawkins: Excuse me?
- Jake: What you said, better. Rosa, leave now?
The Bank Job [4.21]
- Diaz: What's up?
- Jake: So, not sure if Paxton told you, but we brought in a perp earlier.
- Diaz: Good-looking guy, weird energy.
- Hawkins: Yeah, did you get anything?
- Jake: No, he didn't know jack. But we surprisingly noticed that there was a camera in the room.
- Diaz: And we really need that footage.
- Hawkins: Why?
- Jake: Let's just say, in the course of questioning him, he may have accidentally fallen down a couple of times.
- Diaz: He's real clumsy.
- Jake: If the wrong person saw that tape, they might get the wrong idea.
- Hawkins: You know, I saw the tape. And it was shocking- how clumsy that guy actually was.
- Jake: Right?
- Hawkins: And you know the funny thing is, I meant to save the file, but I deleted it by accident.
- Diaz: Guess we're all a little clumsy.
- Jake: Yes, indeed. I stepped on my omelette this morning. Not pertinent. Let's continue with our covert conversation.
- Hawkins: You know, a bunch of us are going out drinking tonight. You wanna come?
- Jake: I should warn you- me and Rosa go pretty hard.
- Hawkins: Great; bring some coke.
- NYPD Officer: NYPD! Hands up! Weapons down!
- Jake: Great work, boys. We're cops. Wait, where's Captain Holt?
- NYPD Officer: Who's Captain Holt? I don't know a Captain Holt.
- Jake: We're NYPD officers; this is an undercover operation.
- Hawkins: That's a lie, Peralta. You're the Golden Gang. We've been onto you for weeks, and we finally got you.
- Jake: Hawkins? How did you get over there? Who are they?
- Hawkins: You tell me. They're your crew.
- [NYPD officers take off the masks of two robbers wearing the same type clothing and masks as Jake and Rosa.]
- Robber: They got us, Jake. It's over.
- Jake: I've never seen them before! What is going on?
- Hawkins: Good job, everyone! We finally got the Golden Gang! [Approaches Jake, turns him around to handcuff him] I can't believe you thought you were gonna take me down.
- Jake: You're not gonna get away with this!
- Hawkins: Oh, I already did. And Captain Holt won't be able to get you out of this one.
Crime and Punishment [4.22]
- Amy: Paris sounds fun! Or, we could just go someplace we can actually afford.
- Jake: Oh, we can afford it. Don't forget I robbed a bank. Sitting on $26 million, baby!
- Judge Marinovich: [Stops while walking by] Excuse me?
- Amy: He's kidding!
- Jake: Yeah, I'm innocent. Not guilty. I'll see you when we get in there. [Marinovich gives him a strange look and leaves.] Nice talking to you, Judge...
- Holt: Diaz, I've been calling you. Why won't you answer your phone?
- Diaz: Don't have it. Charged it and stuck it on a truck headed west.
- Holt: What's with the suitcase?
- Diaz: Going to Malaysia.
- Holt: You're going to Malaysia?
- Diaz: No, the suitcase is going to Malaysia. I'm getting on a bus to Florida.
- Holt: What's in Florida?
- Diaz: Airport. I'm flying to Argentina.
- Holt: This is very complicated.
- Diaz: Thank you. Adrian has a ranch in the Andes where he goes when he's on the run. He's already there, getting rid of the scorpions. Or... adding more scorpions. I don't know, the reception was real bad.
- Holt: Diaz, I know you're scared. But things are starting to turn around. We're on the money trail, and we just found a new lead.
- Diaz: With all due respect, sir, we both know that none of that is gonna pan out. And you said yourself that I should take action. So I am. In Argentina, surrounded by scorpions. Or not surrounded by scorpions. I'll find out when I get there.
- Holt: Look, I know you're innocent, but fleeing the country is a crime. I could arrest you right here!
- Diaz: Do it, then. [Holt stares at her but does nothing] I didn't think so. [Tosses Holt an apartment key] The mortgage is paid off. You can give the place to whoever you want. I don't care. Actually, I do care. Don't give it to Hitchcock.
- Amy: Jake! Jake! This was a mistake; we have to get Langdon off the stand now!
- Jake: What? Why?
- Sam Miller: [Questioning Matthew Langdon, who is on the witness stand] And how would you describe the Lieutenant?
- Amy: He works for Hawkins! He put the money in the accounts!
- Jake: Oh, no.
- Langdon: Melanie Hawkins was the most honorable cop I ever worked with. And the only reason that I am here is because of that man- Jake Peralta. He offered me $300,000 to lie and say that she set 'em up.
- Jake: [To Diaz] Okay, this is bad. This is really bad. But just remember: we are not going to jail. We didn't do it. We're innocent.
- [Cut to the Jury Foreman delivering the jury's verdict]
- Jury Foreman: Guilty on all charges.