Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 4 is an action-adventure hack and slash video game that was published and developed by Capcom in 2008 for the playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows platforms. The game is the fourth installment to the Devil May Cry series.
- You cooled off yet kid?
- Do your homework first!
- (Referring to Agnus) You summon and kill, summon and kill. I fail to see the logic here. Is sanity... the price to pay... for POWER?!
- And the rest is silence.
- What's the matter? Why the glare?
- Wish you would've noticed me earlier, now my coat's all charred.
- You can stay and die, or you can walk your ugly ass back through that gate. It's your call, pal.
- Though a fight every now and again does make life more interesting, don't ya' think?
There is no reason for this.
- First I whip it out. Then I thrust it. With great force! Every angle..! It penetrates! Until..! With great strength! I.. ram it in! In the end, we are all satisfied, and you are set free.
- Come on babes, LET'S ROCK!
- That's a solid performance for an old fart like you.
- If the kid screws up, I'll just have to kick his ass!
- You got a trick up your sleeve.
- Adios kid!
- Check it out! It's got wings!
- Don't look so big from where I'm standing. Now it's just you and me Mister Savior!
- An opportunity to save the world doesn't happen everyday you know! Savor it.
- Alright Baby!
- Hey! Whats up?
- Come on!
- Glad I got your attention. I was beginning to feel a little ignored.
- As tempting as that sounds, I think I'll pass.
- I know this is a major cultural artifact but it's bad for the community.
- Time to wake up, kid! You're missing out all the fun! NERO!!!
- (to Sanctus) I don't know, I'd wager this kid's (Nero) still got some life in him.
- Blast off!
- From that day forth... my arm changed... and a voice echoed "Power! Give me more power!" and if I become a demon, so be it... I'll endure the exile... anything... to protect her!
- Don't you think that's a little harsh? Killing me because of the way I t-t-t-alk?
- Kid? Well... if that's how you see me, I think you'll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass!
- You... What are you doing here!? Forget it, I don't have time for this.
- I... need this.
- What'd you say?
- Come on!
- Looks like we're in the same boat then.
- Look who's talking jackass! Now answer my question!
- I'm not interested in your bullshit!
- You gonna eat this!
- That's a look you shoot your enemy.
- Go blow yourself!
- Now I know... this hand was made for sending guys like you back to hell! And now... you... DIE!
- What's the point of packing a sword like that if you're not even gonna use it?!
- Cut me some slack. I'm just not big on toads.
- Fire's bad for the complexion. I burn easily, never tan!
- You're the demon! Not me!
- Shall we dance?
- Kyrie...Kyrie!! I swear...I swear I'm gonna get us out of here! Together, Kyrie...KYRIIIEEE!!!
- You know God, I always hated that you made my arm like this... But now with it I can destroy this thing. Who would've thought?
- Your point being?
- You look as if you've just been playing me from the beginning.
- You're Dante, right? Not a bad name.
- Hey, hey, hey! C'mon, babes!
- I won't hold my breath.
- I'm outta here... All this preaching is putting me to sleep.
- You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal, and it's beginning to piss me off.
- I guess this doesn't quite cut it.
- I thought the cat had your tongue. But if it's a trick you're looking for... then try THIS!
- I hate to interrupt, but I wanna wrap this show up before the cavalry arrives.
- Tough guy, huh? Well...
- I think I'll have to take you down a couple notches.
- Credo... take care of Kyrie. I got this!
- This baby sure can pack-a-punch.
- SLAM DUNK!
- Then come and get it!
- I never could take those legends too literally. But I do know that Sparda had a heart. A heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!
- My options... are limited...
- (To Berial) Wanna make it another 2000?
- Don't ask. Damn thing drives me crazy though. (to Berial referring to the Devil Bringer)
- Wrong Credo. All that you've become is a demon!
- What'd ya say? Heh.
- I dress to impress!
- You wanna switch?
- I am Agnus. Working in secrecy. Very few are p-p-p-privy to my existence.
- HELL HOLE?! Watch your words! Just as fouled mouthed as I have heard.
- The rumors prove true. As will the new ones concerning your d-d-d-demise.
- Tha-tha-tha-that's demonic power! How can it be?
- [To the Angelo Biancos] T-t-t-take him out
- Not even I could succeed in restoring it! (Referring to Yamato)
- That arrogant kid [Nero] posesses d-d-d-demonic power!
- Absurd!? D-d-d-d-don't play me a fool! Is he not your subordinate? He resurrected Yamato!
- It's your fault, it's your responsibility! It-t-t-t-t-t...[referring to Credo]
- Nero... is a demon.
- Damn you, DAMN YOU! I will kill you, I WILL KILL YOU!
- [To Sanctus] That menace Nero appears to be quite close to Credo's sister, Kyrie. More than once, he called out her name.
- His Holiness has been reborn as an angel. And soon... soon shall I.
- 2000 years ago, the Dark Knight Sparda turned against his demon brethren and took up his sword for the sake of mankind
- Oh, it's you... Gloria. Unfortunately, you did not anticipate a descendant of Sparda's blood and because of this boy (Nero), you have been outwitted, and the Savior will be completed
- The Savior is coming!
- Behold the power of the Savior. Do it now!
- Even Yamato is powerless in opposition to the Savior!
- When your blood and this sword (Yamato) are combined, we will now proceed to the final stage of our ultimate goal!
- You fool, escape is now impossible! The creation cannot be stopped!
- Is it not your wish to become one with her? Within The Savior, your mortal bodies will combine. Melting into one, to create and manifest his core. A thing of utter and pure beauty.
- I'm afraid you are too late. But although still incomplete, this is your chance to catch a glimpse of the true power of our Savior
- Held back by love? Such a shame. Still, I must salute a man who carries the blood of Sparda. While not in Dante's league you still presented a harder fight than I had anticipated (referring to Nero)
- We had originally intended Dante to form the Savior's core. Perhaps it would have been wise to adhere to that choice
- (as an Alto Angelo puppet) That's enough, Agnus. Go and prepare for activation (referring to the Savior's awakening)
- Do not fear! Our Savior has come for us, to deliver us salvation! We must repent and rejoice for the world has not yet come to an end!
- I originally had intended to absorb him (Dante) into Our Savior. But circumstances presenting, I rather choose the option at hand.
- I have been chosen to take on the next step to evolution, to become something far more than just human. I am an angel!
- This is my fight, and I will finish it
- AGNUS! How dare you use my sister?
- Nero, run!
- I would assume so. Nero, we must set aside this battle until I find the truth in this
- (to Sanctus)I have served the dream of a world you spoke of... The Savior you preached of... But you used my sister, Kyrie, who has nothing to do with this, and that is beyond forgiveness.
- When I came to this world 2000 years ago there was no such human as the likes of you
- A human posing as God? How ridiculous!
- Your arm... You're not human! You're just like he was.
- The infamous Son of Sparda? I will avenge my compatriots slain by your sword [referring to Dante and his demon hunting business]
- You have surpassed my abilities, how shameful.
- I have retreated once, and I will not do so again!
- I must restore my powers!
- Insult me one more time and I will make you suffer more than you thought possible!
- How shameful to be beaten by a human! (After being defeated by Nero and eventually escaped via Hell Gate)
- My forest! My children! (After being defeated by Dante who later kills her by gunshot)
- (When the Savior begins to levitate after absorbing Nero)
- Dante: Ha! Check it out! It's got wings!
- Trish: The design shows terrible taste...
- Agnus: (sitting on stairs) It was my assumption that those demons would prove far inferior... (standing up) ...In the face of your tactics.
- Dante: (a foot on a chair) You summon and kill... (kicks chair away) Summon and kill... (walks forward) I fail to see the logic here. (turns around, holds his fist near his face) Is sanity the price to pay... For power?!
- Agnus: (holding a human skull) Humans...They are but stubborn and foolish. It takes a journey to Hell for them to accept and praise their God ...A fact that tickles irony's judgement. (crushes the skull and blows the remains away)
- Dante: (laughing) (lying down on his side) And your judgements interest me not. (gets up) For I'm here... (moves forward) To reclaim... What is rightfully mine! (puts his hands oh his chest)
- Agnus: (in his devil mode) Yamato! That is what you seek! (starts to swing his sword) And that is why I wait in your path!
- Dante: (on a bench in front of Agnus) You will fumble in your opposition of my quest. (pulls out Ebony and shoots in the air) Though I encourage! (appears on top of the statue) For an opportunity to battle a being of such grand delusions as you... (pointing to Agnus) Is a sweet fortune! (kisses index and middle finger)
- Agnus: How... can there be such a difference... b-b-b-between us?!
- Dante: You surrendered your humanity. It's that simple.
- Agnus: But you are not human! So why am I inferior?!
- Dante: You assume that humans are weak. Okay, yeah, their bodies lack the physical ability of a demon. But humans possess something that demons don't.
- Agnus: [writing on his clipboard] What? What is it that demons l-l-lack? Please! For the sake of my research! Please! Tell me!
- [Dante shoots his clipboard into the air, scattering Agnus's research papers]
- Agnus: [frantically] No... no, no! No! No!
- Dante: If you're going to continue your research in the next world... [Agnus looks through the bullet hole of one of his papers to see Dante pointing a gun at him] Do your homework first. [He shoots Agnus, killing him] And the rest is silence. [pulls out Ivory and fires it into the air]
Sanctus: You fool, escape is now impossible! The creation cannot be stopped!!! evil laughter
- Dante: Hey, kid! You giving up so soon?
- Nero: My options... are limited.
- Dante: [scoffs] So melodramatic. Besides, if you die without giving me my sword back, I'm gonna be pissed!
- Nero: [as he is being absorbed into the Savior, he gives Dante the middle finger] Then come and get it.
- Dante: Heh... what a punk...
- Nero: I've never seen you before.
- Gloria: (giggling) I'm new.
- Sanctus: And can you guarantee his capture?
- Gloria: Of course!
- Dante: [laughing after seeing Gloria] That regal look suits you!
- Gloria: I dress to impress!
- Lady: You're a lifesaver. Now I can finally do my job in peace.
- [She puts a briefcase on the table, and Trish opens it to find nothing but a tiny roll of cash inside.]
- Trish: If this was a lifesaver gig, then don't you think we deserve a little more? You call this sincerity?
- Lady: More? Was it not your fault that things escalated to the level that they did? Bringing Sparda into the spotlight?
- [They both look at Dante, who glances at them and returns to reading his magazine. Trish closes it.]
- Dante: Hey, I was just getting to the good part!
- Trish: This is your case too, Dante.
- Dante: (sighs) We take what we can get, right?
- [Lady looks at Trish in a satisfied manner.]
- Lady: Then it's settled.
- [The phone rings. Trish picks it up.]
- Trish: Devil May Cry. (covering the mouthpiece) It's a customer with the password. They're nearby. What should we do?
- Dante: (smirking, puts down the magazine) You have to ask?
(Picks up Ebony and Ivory off of the table, and puts Rebellion onto his back and starts to walk towards the door, where Lady stops him)
- Lady: Can I come along?
- Dante:Do what you want, but don't expect to get paid. (Walks past Lady and towards the door)
- Lady: There's something so exciting about all this..! (To Trish)You think so, right?
- Trish: I won't lie...
- Dante:Ok, are you ready? (Flicks coat and kicks down the front door) Come on babes...
- Dante, Lady and Trish: LET'S ROCK!! (Dante winks, then proceeds to rapidly fire shots from Ebony and Ivory)
- Sanctus: The Power of Sparda, why won't you give me strength? Am I not worthy?
- Nero: Never could take those legends too literally. But I do know that Sparda had a heart. A heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!
Credo: [to Sanctus] And that's the situation so far
Agnus: Credo, you knew it all along!
Credo: How dare you raise your voice in the presence of His Holiness?
Agnus: That arrogant kid possesses d-d-d-d-demonic power!
Agnus: Absurd!? D-d-d-d-don't play me a fool! Is he not your subordinate? he resurrected Yamato!
It's your fault, it's your responsibility! It-t-t-t-t-t...
Credo: Yes, Your Holiness?
Sanctus: Can you apprehend this boy for me?
Credo: If that is your wish, then who will track Dante?
Gloria: I will find Dante
Sanctus: You can guarantee his capture, then
Berial: Your arm... you're not human
Nero:: Don't ask. Damn thing drives me crazy though
Berial: You were just like he was
Nero:: And he would be?
Berial: I must restore my powers
Berial: You have surpassed my abilities. How shameful Dante: You can stay here and die, or walk your ugly ass back through that gate. It's your call, pal.
Berial:: *scoffs* I have retreated once, and I will not do so again!