Doom 3 is a science fiction horror first person shooter game developed by id Software and published by Activision and released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and the Xbox. The game is a remake of the original Doom in which an anonymous space marine stationed on Mars fights against the demonic forces of Hell.
The Union Aerospace Corporation is the largest corporate entity in existence. Originally focused on weapon and defence contracts, new ventures have expanded into biological research, space exploration, and other scientific endeavours. With unlimited funds, and the ability to engage in research outside of moral and legal obligations, the UAC controls the most advanced technology ever conceived.
Sergeant Thomas Kelly
- Took your sweet time Marine?
- Now, here's the situation. Another member of the science team's gone missing. As you're the ranking FNG, you get to find him. I want you to check out the old decommissioned comm facility, we heard he might be headed that way.
- You deaf Marine? When I say move, you better move!
- All units, this is Sergeant Kelly. We are under attack by an unknown enemy force. Fall back to Marine HQ to regroup. I say again, fall back to Marine HQ and await further orders.
- Marine. I can't believe you're still alive. I'm unable to return to Mars City, all passages out of the Delta Complex have been blocked. I'm setting up a command post here where I can monitor status reports of the entire base from central Delta Authority and communicate with other marine teams. It's your mission to link up with Bravo Team and get that transmission sent. Head toward Alpha Labs, it's the fastest way to find them. I'll update your PDA security clearance from here. Good job and good luck marine.
- Marine, Bravo Team is down; their operational status is unknown. They were carrying a military transmission card. It's vital that you retrieve that card as it contains encoded data needed to send a distress signal to the fleet. You're the last hope to get reinforcements. Find that card and find it fast.
- Marine, Delta system computers are showing all off-base communication down. It's that fool Swann isn't it? You're going to have to find another way to send that message. Make your way to the satellite room and manually establish a link from there.
- I killed that pathetic bodyguard, and now I will kill you.
- (as Sabaoth) Welcome to the Mess Hall! Your duty has always been to die, soldier!
Dr. Malcolm Betruger
- Amazing things will happen here soon, you just wait.
- Death will not be your end. Your soul will burn in hell forever!
- I have the Soul Cube in Hell, and you will never find it!
- It's not out of control Swan, you are. I'll manage this and you and your flunky will be taking control of nothing. Do you understand?
- Making progress are we? And in such a hurry to find us... to find... me. There is no need to rush, I am everywhere, and everything here is mine. It's a pity you did not alert the fleet, but it is of no consequence—I'll alert them myself. They will come to the rescue and be consumed by my legion. We will use their ships to bring this Hell to Earth! You won't live to see it, and you will die long before you have a chance to warn them.
- Or Alternatively if you sent the transmission:
- We thank you for alerting the Fleet, for warning them. You're such a fool. They're racing here, racing to us, and we are waiting for them... Waiting for them to fall into their worst nightmare. They will join my legion and with their ships, I will bring this Hell to Earth!
- Welcome to my domain. Behold the shape of things to come. The time has come for the forces of Hell to escape their prison and drive mankind...into DARKNESS!!!! (echoing evil cackle)
- Your darkest fears will soon be realized as your soul burns in Hell! There is nowhere to run. I...am everywhere and you will NEVER find the thing you seek!
- For every step you take, your soul moves closer to me.
- Suffering and pain awaits for you.
- You are too late: Hell no longer needs that portal to enter this world! The invasion you saw was only the first wave, the Hell Gate is capable of sending millions of my children into your world. Soon, the fleet from Earth will be here, and with their ships, we will bring this Hell to Earth!
- Making progress, Marine? Your journey is futile! You will die, and your soul will be mine!
Counselor Elliot Swann
- I can't believe its come to this, I didn't want to come here!
- True, but this is the last time. I am tired of running damage control every-time he leaves a mess.
- If that's what it takes, Betruger is going to start doing things our way.
- Why are so many workers spooked, complaining, requesting transfers off Mars?
- Marine? Can you hear me? Back off from that console. Do not call for reinforcements, we do not know what the hell is going on here, and until we do this area remains under UAC control. Cancel that transmission.
- Still alive? Looks like you might be on your own: Sarge is gone. They've got to him. I don't know how long he's been working against us. He's... no longer human. Campbell went after him. He's got to be stopped. Hell is breaking loose in the Caverns... If that portal isn't closed before those ships arrive, Earth will be destroyed.
- He left you no choice.
- Right, you're the control, and if that fails, I'm the damage.
- Whatever you say Councillor.
- Where are you hiding?
- Sarge... find him... you gotta find him... my gun... he's got my gun!
Dr. Jonathan Ishii
- Huh? No, no, please... you must let me get this communication out. They have to warned while there is still time!
- You don't know what I've seen! You can't possibly understand nor comprehend!
- The devil is real... I know, I built his cage.
UAC maintenance workers
- Hey, you're looking for the scientist, right? I'm not sure if you want to find him. You see, uh...never mind!
- I really shouldn't talk about it.
- I thought I was the only one still alive. I can't believe I found you. Something happened, I don't know what. It was like a shockwave. It passed through the entire base. People started changing. It was crazy. I was working up here on the vent shaft. I don't know how I survived. Go for help, please.
- And then Betruger: he went through the portal himself. I don't know what he was thinking. It was an unscheduled trip and he just went and we couldn't stop him. And when he came back he had changed. He sounded and looked the same, but... I don't know, he was just... different. And then he did the unthinkable: he took the Soul Cube — the device that was discovered in the ruins—into the portal. The portal stabilizers just started to fail, and then, living hell erupted into the base.
- [UAC Marines enter the ruins of the Mars Base]
- Echo One: Recon Zulu, this is Echo One, give us a visual status.
- Recon Zulu: Echo One, this is Recon Zulu, we've got massive damage all over the base, this place looks like hell. I've got life-signs on the bio scanner, eyes sharp. Echo One, we've got a survivor, a Marine. (to the player) Corporal, you hear me, you all-right? Can you hear me? Echo One, this is Recon Zulu, prepare for Medevac.
- Echo One: Copy that. Have you located Counselor Swann?
- Recon One: Yes, sir. He's dead.
- Echo One: Roger Recon One, what about Dr. Betruger?
- Recon One: He's nowhere to be found, sir.
- [Cut to a scene in Hell where it is revealed that Betruger has been transformed into a massive flying demon - the Maledict.]