El Salvador officially the Republic of El Salvador, is the smallest and the most densely populated country in Central America. The country's capital city and largest city is San Salvador. Important cultural and commercial centers for Central America on the whole include Santa Ana and San Miguel. El Salvador borders the Pacific Ocean on the south, and the countries of Guatemala to the west and Honduras to the north and east. Its easternmost region lies on the coast of the Gulf of Fonseca, opposite Nicaragua. As of 2009, El Salvador had a population of approximately 5,744,113 people, composed predominantly of "Mestizos".
- The men and women of El Salvador are the ones who decide, and if you don't accept the result, you are violating the will of the people.
- Salvador Sánchez Cerén, as quoted on BBC News, "El Salvador vote recount under way as both candidates claim victory", March 10, 2014.
- The Salvadoran military has shown really professional standing. I don't see them playing the old game.
- José Miguel Cruz, a Salvadoran-born professor of political science at Florida International University and director of research at the Latin America and Caribbean Center there, quoted on npr.org, "El Salvador's New President Faces Gangs, Poverty And Instability", March 19, 2014.
- When the structures and values of Salvadoran society exemplify a democratic system, then the revolution I have worked for will have taken place. This is my dream.