Chile, officially the Republic of Chile is a South American country occupying a long, narrow strip of land between the Andes to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. It borders Peru to the north, Bolivia to the northeast, Argentina to the east, and the Drake Passage in the far south. Chilean territory includes the Pacific islands of Juan Fernández, Salas y Gómez, Desventuradas, and Easter Island in Oceania.
- By right or might.
- National motto
- How pure, Chile, is your blue sky
- And how pure the breezes that blow across you
- And your countryside embroidered with flowers
- Is a wonderful copy of Eden
- How majestic are the snow-covered mountains
- That were given to you by God as protection
- And the sea that tranquilly bathes your shores
- Promises future splendor for you.
- Himno Nacional (Wikisource, 5th verse in official anthem.)
|Find more information on Chile by searching Wikiquote's sister projects|
|Encyclopedia articles from Wikipedia|
|Dictionary definitions from Wiktionary|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Images and media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|