Chile, officially the Republic of Chile, is a South American country occupying a long, narrow strip of land between the Andes to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. It borders Peru to the north, Bolivia to the northeast, Argentina to the east, and the Drake Passage in the far south. Chilean territory includes the Pacific islands of Juan Fernández, Salas y Gómez, Desventuradas, and Easter Island in Oceania.
|This Geography article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I want equal marriage rights for Chile
- Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin standing up for same-sex marriage in Chile, quoted on Latino.FoxNews, "Ricky Martin stands up for same-sex marriage in Chile", March 5, 2016.
- By right or might.
- National motto
- How pure, Chile, is your blue sky
- And how pure the breezes that blow across you
- And your countryside embroidered with flowers
- Is a wonderful copy of Eden
- How majestic are the snow-covered mountains
- That were given to you by God as protection
- And the sea that tranquilly bathes your shores
- Promises future splendor for you.
- Himno Nacional (Wikisource, 5th verse in official anthem.)