Sesame Street (1969-) is an educational television program designed for preschoolers, and is recognized as a pioneer of the contemporary standard which combines education and entertainment in children's television shows. Sesame Street is well known for the inclusion of the Muppet characters created by the legendary puppeteer Jim Henson. More than 4,000 episodes of the show have been produced in forty seasons, which distinguishes it as one of the longest-running shows in television history.
- David: Look, look, I'm tellin' you, she's a great candidate! She says that she's against big spending, big business, and inflation. She says when she gets into office, there'll be enough money for government, social programs, and the space program.
- Bob: Hey, sounds great. What's her name?
- Gordon: Alice in Wonderland.
- [everyone else laughs]
- Gordon Robinson: Sally, you've never seen a street like Sesame Street. Everything happens here. You're gonna love it!
- The first line spoken on the first episode from November 1969
- Alistair Cookie: Good evening, and welcome to Monsterpiece Theater.
- Unidentified 1981 episode
- The Count: Greetings it is I the Count! They call me the Count because I love to count things!! AH AH AH!!!
- Kermit the Frog: It's not easy being green.
- Ernie: Rubber Ducky, you're the one.
You make bathtime lots of fun.
Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you.
- Cookie Monster: Me do anything for cookie!
- Grover: It is I, your furry pal, Grover!