Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko
Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko (renamed Gex 3: Deep Pocket Gecko for the Game Boy Color version) is the last in the trilogy of Gex (series) platforming video games released in 1999. Gex discovers that his partner and lover, Agent Xtra, now the head of the "TV Terrorist Defense Unit", has been reported missing, captured by the cybernetic emperor Rez, leading Gex to return to the Media Dimension once again and journey across multiple channels collecting remotes. Below is a list of quotes from the game, many of which are references to a certain aspects of television and film culture.
When hitting enemies, eating flies or getting hit
- Good, good, good!
- What's for dinner?
- A McFly meal for me, please!
- (singing) Another bug in my gut.
- I'm a sucker for bugs!
- Let's get it on.
- I know what you're thinkin': it's TAIL TIME!
- Taste my tail!
- Lock and load, little lizard!
- SOMEBODY'S gotta do it!
- That is one powerful piece of machinery!
- My tail doesn't like you!
- I am the GREATEST!
- Now cut that out!
- Karate chop!
- (imitating Sean Connery) My tail says "hello!"
- How do ya like me NOW?!
- Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
- Breaking out the People's Tail!
- Gecko chop, baby, yeah!)
- Mmm- TVs instead of potatoes!
- Ahh, I'm getting a little turkey-neck.
When entering a level
- Lock and load.
- Lock and load, little lizard!
- It's tail tiiiiime!
- Let's get it on!
Holiday Broadcasting - Totally Scrooged
- The ice planet Hoth. The Rebels are there.
- I'm freezing my tail off here...
- Cold blood, cold weather. Bad combination!
- I feel like the freshmaker!
- And a-one, and a-two, you're a candy cane and dancing!
- We've knocked down the generator Lord Vader, you may start your landing.
- I wanna lick it, but my tongue'll get stuck!
- (imitating an old man) Where's that Wonka man?!?
- (imitating Jack Skellington) Christmas Town? I'm Jack Gexxington from Halloween Town.
- Oh, Hermie, I wanna be a dentist.
- Note to self: don't lick any flagpoles.
- Dancing candy canes. How fruity.
- Colder than a witch's thing in a brass whatchamacallit.
- Colder than a supermodel's stare at an all-you-can-eat buffet!
- Luckily, I'm wearing my performance fleece.
- Donner party, for twenty. Donner party, for twenty.
- My favorite holiday, Halloween.
- This place is colder than Eva Gabor's wig fridge.
- (imitating Johnny Carson) It's like the inside of Santa's head - after an eggnog bender!
- Somebody tell Jackie Brown I found her hat!
- They're sweet! They're minty! They mambo!
- (when fighting the evil Santa) If you're Santa, then I'm a 6 foot tall lizard-- wait a minute...
- Mr. Wonka! Veruca stole a gobstopper!
- (as Captain Picard) Number One, program the Holodeck for something WARM!
- (Again, as Picard) My nipples feel like snowpeas! Make it warm, Number One!
- This outfit is snug in all the wrong places, prrr....
- I'll show you who's naughty and who's nice!
- My name's Daryl, this is my other brother, Daryl...
- (singing) I'm the ice cream man, stop me when I'm passing by...
In the snowboard part of this level Gex can say the following:
- (sarcastic voice) Oh, great, another snowboarding game.
- Where's the handbrake on this thing?
- Check me out! I'm EXTREEEME!
- Hey! I'm snowboardin' here!
- WARNING, yellow patch, WARNING!
- (Singing) Let's go snowboardin' now, everybody's learning how!
- (in a Staten Island accent) How can you surf, if you don't like water?
- Weren't you on ESPN2?
Mystery TV - Clueless in Seattle
- I feel like Lester the mo-Gex-ter.
- I look like Holmes, but I feel like Columbo.
- All this fancy stuff and no TV?! Savages!
- Granny? Jethro? Uncle Jed?!
- Where is Alicia Silverstone when you need a real clue?
- This is one ritzy joint... for a video game.
- Ah yes - the mystery of the two-brimmed hat.
- Come play with us, Danny.
- The evidence is overwhelming... I'm not wearing pants!
- (with childish voice) Now I will tell you the origins of the Universe.
- I've deduced... that my shorts are too tight... and I like it!
- With this raincoat I make a perfect Sherlock Holmes... or a flasher.
- With my trusty magnifying glass, I can now spend the entire day burning ants!
- God bless the British, and their love of itchy wool!
- (when playing bear head minigame) If these aren't fleas, I'm gonna have to buy more "special" shampoo!
- (imitating Sean Connery) Goldfinger's Fortress, this is not!
As DracuGex, the following can also be said by Gex:
- I'm suddenly very thirsty... for blooood...
- The flying part's cool; the undead part sucks.
- Very scary, eh, kids?
- (imitating Count von Count) For some reason I feel like... COUNT-ING, ha, ha! One... two... three...
- Hold the garlic.
- Kolchak, this man thinks he's a vampire!
- Keanu Reeves ruined my movie.
Tut TV - Holy Moses!
- Nothing that attracts the ladies more than a dirty daidy.
- Like I always say - the headdress makes the man.
- (imitating C-3PO) Well, I'm not going that way - it's much too rocky! This way is much easier!
- (imitating Bugs Bunny) Here we are! Pismo Beach and all the clams I can eat!
- (imitating C-3PO) A transport? I'm saved. OVER HERE!!!
- (imitating Luke Skywalker) Uncle Owen, this R2 has a bad motivator.
- When this level is over, I am selling this hat.
- A headdress, a diaper, and I'm good to go.
- (Singing) There's a place in France where the ladies where no pants!
- (Singing) Midnight at the Oasis...
- I hope you're not in heat...!"
- Bark like a dog, you little monkey woman.
- Half-man, half-dog, one hundred percent sexy.
- Half-man, half-dog next springer!
- Dog-headed gods and the women who love them, on the next Jerry Springer!
- I'll kidnap all the oceans of the world, Underdog!
- This place is drier than Linda Tripp's sauna pants!
- Uh, is this one of those pyramid schemes?
- (imitating Liberace) I wish my brother Moses was here!
- (in a childish voice) I'm a bad man, I have poopy pants.
- If I get to meet Yul Brynner, I'll plotz!
- I feel like an usher at a gay rodeo.
- I feel like I'm back at '54.
- (At phone) Hi pizza guy. One large pie with dung beetles.
- (At phone) Just dial 10-10-LETMYPEOPLEGO.
- (At phone) Huh, Doctor Who must have left this behind.
- (At phone) That's it, I'm calling the cops!
Army Channel - War Is Heck
- You're the only one, Gex.
- HOGAN!!! Forty days in the cooler!
- The Pentagon spent 25 million dollars for this one level??
- Note to self: Don't get killed in big, loud war.
- If this was the '60s, I'd run and hide. Of course, I'd have sideburns and bell-bottoms.
- Sur-prise, sur-prise, sur-prise.
- (as R. Lee Ermey) Where are you from, son?...Texas!!?...HO-LY--!
- (again, as R. Lee Ermey) The first word out of your filthy sewer will be "GEX"!
- Gooood morniiing, Menlo Park!
- Do these boots come in red?
- I can accessorize this: A handbag, some buttons, a bauble, a bow!
- This helmet is gonna muss my hair....
- Nothing like army clothes for total comfort.
- He-hey, where's the "Flee to Canada" level?
- Hey, no kidding, did I miss the "make love, not war" level?
- (singing) War is a many-splendored thing.
Western Station - The Organ Trail
- Youuu TRY IT!
- (as Clint Eastwood): Do you feel lucky, punk?
- (again, as Eastwood): Go ahead... make my lunch.
- (again, as Eastwood): Gecko's gotta know his limitations.
- (with a Mexican accent) I could use a siesta!
- I can tickle?!
- Howdy! There's some doodie.
- There's GOLD in them there teeth!
- Rollin' rollin' rollin', rawhide!
- Boxcar Willie is my favorite hobo.
- YEE-HAW, LITTLE DOGGIES!
- Saddle up, Hombre.
- Xtra, I'm a-fixin to rescue you.
- I'm going to find Billy Crystal's smile.
- Well, little lady....it's me and a donkey.
Buccaneer Program - Cutcheese Island
- I wanna be a pirate.
- We'll follow you, preacher.
- Iceberg, DEAD AHEAD!!
- Crank up the Gilbert and Sullivan, dude.
- Isaac! The lido deck is filthy!
- I get sea sick... hold the game still!
- Xtra, I'll be savin' ya any minute. Soon as I poke out me eye and saw off me leg!
Mythology Network - Mythstories
- If I'm lucky, I'll stumble into an orgy.
- Toga, toga, TOGA, TOGA!
- Hey... are you guys playing cards?
- Wormer? Dead! Niedermayer. Dead!
- Move over, Argonauts. Here come the Gexonauts!
- I... am... Gexacus!
- I am Judah Ben-Gex.
- Look at the little soldier.
- (as a female tour guide) Welcome to the Sultan of Brunei's bathroom.
- (as Snagglepuss) Heavens to Loverboy! An 80's Flashback!
- (Imitating John Belushi) I'm a Zit! Get it?
- Is it columns or pillars? It's all Greek to me.
- Clash of the Titans! What a movie!
- (Cutely) Aw! Look at the little soldier!
- I need to get to the aqueduct and drain the lizard, if you get my drift...!
- The Playboy mansion... YES!
- Francis Ford Coppola you too.
- I smell heroes, my friend.
Fairytale TV - Red Riding in the Hood
- I'll climb it, but I'm not gonna like it!
- Hey, good thing I brought some beans
- Fe, fi, fo... forget it.
- (as a female tour guide) And, on your left, Aaron Spelling's broom closet.
- Ugh, I feel like hocking a loogie.
- (Singing) 'Scuse me while I kiss the Opal Program Sky!
- (as old man) I'm gonna have one sore tuchas after this!
Anime Channel - When Sushi Goes Bad
- (Imitating an Alien) Take me to your lizard.
- (Singing) I am Robot, Hear me roar.
- What if I have to go potty?
- Hey! I'm in George Jetson's colon!
- (Imitating Buzz Lightyear) To infinity and, uh... Screw it.
- Schoolgirls?! Why did it have to be schoolgirls?!
- Extra, We're needed!
- I'm outta here!
- My job here is done! . . . Engage!
Gangster TV - My Three Goons
- Time for Gex to clean up the city.
- (Godfather-esque) I'm making them offer they can't refuse.
- (imitating Al Pacino) I'm OUTTA ORDER! YOU'RE OUTTA ORDER!! THIS WHOLE LEVEL'S OUTTA ORDER!!!
- Do I amuse you? Like a clown?
- It's like a friggin' fugazi in here!
- Hey! Yo! My friggin' name is friggin' Donnie Brasco!
- Play it again, Sam. DO IT!
Superhero Show - Superzeroes
- I'm Gecko Plisken, and I'm here for the president.
- This city is a jungle... but a square one with no plants!
- I'm your friendly neighborhood super-gecko!
- I feel like I'm in West Side Story.
- Get in the super coop Brad.
- Warriors, come out and play-ay.
- The warriors got Cyrus.
In chicken costume, Gex can say the following, too:
- Wasn't the SuperGUY costume available?
- Who are you calling chicken?
Space Station REZ - Rez-raker
- Houston, we got a problem!
- This is gonna cost NASA a fortune!
- Skylab, we were all so worried about you!
- What a bunch of space junk...
- One small step for Gecko!
- So much for Satellite TV.
- I love a good Kubrick movie....
- Don't worry, Gex, you can still save her, but my television teleporter doesn't have enough power to Rez's secret lair. You'll have to travel around the broadcast first.
- Welcome, sir. Please come on in. Entering the training area should allow you to brush up on your skills.
- Press the attack button to tail-whack those hideous dummies.
- Sir, jump forward onto the paw targets.
- To tail bounce, press jump again once in air to reach higher grounds.
- Press crouch while running to perform a deadly karate kick.
- Sir, it seems you can tilt your view using the shoulder buttons.
- Sir, 100 fly coins in a level earns you an extra remote.
- 25 paw coins adds an extra hit point to your health, sir.
- Sir will be able to spend these bonus coins in the bonus games in the Gex cave.
- If sir must eat flies, I suggest using the tongue button.
- Uh, I do believe that it's time to start the game now.
- Bouncing on presents seems like a good idea to me, sir.
- I think your friend Rex might need a bit of a thaw.
- Those statues look like switches to me.
- To swim, use the Duck button to dive and Jump to stroke.
- Pressing duck once in air will cause one to glide.
- Sir, try standing on a magnified glass icon and looking around you.
- Fleas, sir! Ugh! Kill 10 of them maggots before time runs out!
- Bubbles, sir. How pretty. Pop 5 of them before time runs out.
- Hurry sir! Tail-kick 7 pool balls before time runs out.
- Mummys and secrets - it appears that they go hand-in-hand.
- Jump on the camel to use it for transport. Use Tongue to dismount.
- Back in '42, we used machineguns to shoot the searchlights, sir.
- Horrible chaps, those snipers. Stay in the foxhole maze.
- The donkey's user manual says 'it can climb steep hills'.
- The donkey's a wild one, sir. It could even head butt!
- Oo-ar, sir. Them treasure chests contain treasure!
- It can be rewarding to ride the Wall of Death, but please be careful.
- Sir's tail and TNT barrels - always a useful combination.
- When I was in Greece, I always said pedestals had transforming powers.
- Dress as Hercules to break and push certain columns.
- Frozen enemies are useful for reaching higher areas.
- Use Tailkick in an updraft for a little extra lift.
- Tailkicks are apparently useful to reach difficult places.
- Looking around may be the only way to find Bonus Coins.
- Spitting? Jolly mucky business, especially against closed doors.
- Fire breath? Do be careful, sir! Use it to destroy gate and door locks.
- With a bit of cunning, sir, enemy gunfire can be used to one's advantage.
- We had tommy guns in '17. Jolly useful they were, too.
- Face-sticking pawprints can sometimes be most useful.
- I recommend a chicken costume to glide to new heights, sir.
- Spit attack is useful, but the Bomber can only be killed using his own bombs.
- Sir, the space station's airlock is opened by turning off the three generators.
- Oh, well done, sir.
- That was amazing, sir! Well done.
- It appears that I taught you well, sir.
- Sir, this is impressing me more and more every day.
- You certainly are a master spy, sir.
- Excellent, sir! You'd beat that Bond chap hands down!
- Tea and crumpets all round I think, sir.
- Bad luck, sir. Try again.
- Try it a little slower, sir.
- A little more patience next time I think, sir.
- I'm sure that you'll get it next time, sir.
N64 Version Only
- (Intro) Mr. Gex and Agent Xtra had worked together for a jolly long time. Solving international mysteries, putting away some very bad chaps. But it all came to an untimely end when Agent Xtra... was mysteriously kidnapped! Now, Mr. Gex has dedicated himself to finding and rescuing his lost partner. Without her, I fear he will be lost...
- (Ending) I purchased Agent Xtra and Mr. Gex tickets... for a long, relaxing cruise. Mr. Gex kindly offered me the use of his desert island. He thinks he rescued Xtra all by himself... But we all know he couldn't possibly have done it without my help. Those jolly, clever people at Crystal Dynamics and Crave Entertainment would like to thank you for playing. Mr. Gex and I will return soon. Ta-ta for now...!
- (Ending, at 100%) Amazing! Absolutely amazing! You've completed everything! Well done! (Then says quote above.)
- You're on the list! (after taking damage)