Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (born April 5, 1947) is a Filipino politician who served as the 14th President of the Philippines from 2001 until 2010, as the 12th Vice President of the Philippines from 1998 to 2001, and as member of the House of Representatives representing the 2nd District of Pampanga in the Philippines since 2010. She was the country's second female president (after Corazon Aquino), and the daughter of former President Diosdado Macapagal.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The people want government that works for them at every level. They want good government that begins at their doorstep in the barangay, and does not end before the closed door of a bureaucrat in Metro Manila.
- 2005 State of the Nation Address (July 25, 2005)
- A president can be as strong as she wants to be.
- 2007 State of The Nation Address, Philippines
- I am sorry.
- Response to the allegations that she cheated in the 2004 presidential elections, as implied from the "Hello Garci" tape.