Gotham Central is a comic book series that was published by DC Comics and written by Ed Brubaker and Greg Rucka, with pencils initially by Michael Lark. A police procedural in the tradition of such television series as Law & Order and Homicide: Life on the Street, the series focused on the Gotham City Police Department, and life in Gotham City, home of Batman. A recurring theme was the difficulty of being an officer of the law in the same city as one of the world's most famous vigilantes and many of the world's most notorious criminals and bizarre supervillains.
Half a Life
- Two-Face: "You're the only person who never treated me with pity. You've been kind to me. You visited me at Arkham. It's obvious how I feel about you, Renee. And I thought that, perhaps, you felt the same. That you loved me, too."
- Renee Montoya:"Harvey, you outed me! I'm gay! I'm a dyke, a lesbian, I like girls! Didn't you look at the picture before you started sending it around?"
- Two-Face: "Yeah, I know all that. I don't see what that has to do with us. Renee, you have nothing to go back to. I made certain of that. You're staying with me now. And I can make you whole."
- Renee Montoya: "No. I don't love you. I'm never going to love you. And if you've misinterpreted the kindess I've shown you, I am truly sorry. But you will never get what you want from me, Harvey. Not willingly, not ever..." 
- This isn't Metropolis, Captain, and not just because our guy works at night. This isn't the city of tomorrow, it's not San Francisco, it's not New York.
- Rucka, Greg; Lark, Michael; et al (2005). Gotham Central, Volume 2: Half a Life (1st Ed). New York: DC Comics. ISBN 1-4012-0438-4.