Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "This is sad. I just think it’s a little ridiculous we are still only looking at the surface of one another. Red hair? Blue hair? Pink? Blonde? Short? Long? Whatever. We might as well shave our heads. Hair has nothing to do with the reason we playing music. It’s a style. Something that will never last as long as the songs we play and the words we sing. Listen up ladies in bands, I’m so proud to be one of you and I don’t care if we all look exactly alike or if we are all carbon copies of each other. We have things to say and it’s up to us to get people to not just look but to LISTEN!"
- Love that so many of you are saying your 2 fav bands are Green Day & Paramore. Do you even realize how cool that is for us to hear!?
- "No boy is worth your teenage years!." "For me to be in love with someone means that I have to accept who I am, and not allow another person to define me. And if someone loves me in spite of all that, then that's a start."
- Interview about her highschool years with the 'Sugar' magazine http://www.omgmusic.com/news/hayley-williams-girls-at-school-called-me-gay
- "i have the ability to build myself up or break myself down. i stay positive. strength comes from within."
- "This is what I've learned, in my life: Headbanging is crucial. Growing up is hard to do. There's nothing wrong with wearing a dress."
- Hayley's "About Me" Profile from the Official Paramore's Web Site
- "Boys! Hey boys out there: NEVER kiss a girl unless she says she... wants you to! Alright?!" "Never kiss a girl again. Unless she tells you she wants you to." (To the crowd, about a fan who just kissed her, and then to that boy)
- Honda Civic Tour, Phoenix AZ, September 15th, 2010. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2bhqOIZkLk
- “It’s odd to look out there and see a bunch of Mini-Mes,” says Williams. “You’re wondering what possessed them to do such a thing . . . It sort of does a reverse psychology on you. You’d think you’d be like `Hey, all these people want to look like me. I feel pretty cool.’ But actually it makes you feel more self aware and I’m not really fond of that.”
- “I wake up in the morning and sometimes I just want to wear a T-shirt and blue jeans and now I have to force myself to do that, because I can’t care what people think, you know? . . .
- About the pressure of being famous, and a role model. http://everythingintime.com/tag/hayley-williams
- "stay as strong as you can and during the times you can't, let other people be strong for you."
- said to a fanbase account on Twitter via Direct Message[specific citation needed]
- I'm always wrong
But you're never right
- Looking Up (2009)
- Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change,
once a whore you're nothing more, I'm sorry that'll never change.
And about forgiveness we're both supposed to have exchanged.
I'm sorry honey but I pass it up now look this way:
There's a million other girls who do it just like you;
looking as innocent as possible to get to who they want,
and what they like it's easy if you do it right.
Well I REFUSE, I REFUSE, I REFUSE!
- Misery Business (2007)
- If you wanna play it like a game,
well, come one, come on, let's play.
Cause I'd rather waste my life pretending;
than have to forget you
for one whole minute ...
- crushcrushcrush (2007)
- We all learn to make mistakes
and run from them.
- Misguided Ghosts (2009)
- I'm only human.
I've got a skeleton in me.
But I'm not the villian,
despite what you're always preaching.
- Why do you care what people think?
Are you hooked up to their leash?
You know anklebiters ate up your personality
Try to remember how it felt
To just make up your own steps
And let anklebiters chew up and spit out someone else
- Anklebiters (2013)
Quotes about Williams
- I'm delighted to say I know Hayley and that she is an awesome girl. She's always up for being supportive and helping people out so it comes as no surprise that she decided to help me out with Jamie Murphy's competition. I have two passions in life - Motherwell FC and Paramore. I attend every Motherwell home match and I've seen Paramore nine times - six of those on the last tour they did here.
- Ross McClenaghan about Hayley Williams http://local.stv.tv/motherwell/news/17900-paramores-hayley-williams-backing-motherwell-for-the-cup/ (May 18, 2011)
- First off, Paramore is the shit,I've always been a Hayley fan, and to work with her, that's another thing I didn't think would happen to me as soon as it did.
- B.O.B. talking about the collaboration with Williams in the song Airplanes. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637454/bob-has-always-been-fan-paramores-hayley-williams.jhtml (April 20, 2010)